Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs, welcome to week forty, the final week of the free bet season. And what a week it’s already been for us Canary Fans and indeed what a season it has been both on the pitch and on the free bet. Our beloved club are back in the Premier League but of course you PUPs have never left the Premier League of pickers. While the Canaries have been marching towards promotion you PUPs have been consistently winning and adding to the kitty. So much so that before this week we have already had seven winning weeks giving us a total of £336.68 waiting to be presented to FONCY.

Now this week it’s the turn of our great friend Muddy Funster to be in charge and making the final selections. I was disappointed when Muddy just missed out on a place in the Fab40 last season so was really pleased when it worked out that he could pick. Little did I know that as well as being the last picker of the season he would be the first picker with our Canaries playing in the Premier League.

Muddy has been a great friend to the free bet for many years and also a very consistent PUP along the way. This season he is in top form with 29-38 76% and only one wrong pick from his last nine selections. That’s Premier league form for sure!

But we must find Muddy our very best selections for his consideration to give him the best chance of adding to our tremendous season’s total. As always we will have our PUPs Library on the NCISA web site to help us.

I finally got last week’s stats up yesterday. If you missed them then I can tell you it’s all left to play for in our PUPs League. Beauseant will be Champion if he can find just one more winning nap. Trent and Inchy can still pip him if he doesn’t. And it’s still very close for a place in the Fab40 to pick next season.

As I said yesterday we also have our end of season social get-together to look forward to. The most appropriate dates I can find are Friday 20th and Saturday 21st May. I’m leaving it up to you PUPs to choose between the two. Please put your preferences with your selection on this thread then I will go with the majority.

Just remains for me to thank the 40 pickers for making my life so easy this season and all you PUPs for your support in making this thread so enjoyable every week. And a special thanks to my mate Kev who makes such a difference to the thread with his help and support all the way from Leeds. What we have together is unique and a tremendous memorial to our great friend and founder Arrdee.

I’ll hand the free bet over to Muddy Funster now, enjoy your week in charge, theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Graham... the free bet is yours.......[:)].........

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, yes Norfolkchance1 £1298 for the Academy,so far.

Unless something has gone very wrong with the space-time continuum, Swansea should beat Sheff Utd at home.Good luck Muddy Funster, and well done all pups for picking well all season !

Spurs to beat B-pool [Y] good luck 1 and all

A great return this season pups fpor tha acadamy, very well done everyone and im sure i can speak for everyone when i say a big THNX to NN for his time again this season for the very popular PUPS thread[Y]

In the spirit of things, hoping to break the bad luck of the past final days. A home win for Norwich :D

NORWICH vs Coventry- Home win :D

Good Luck, and lets hope we have more than one thing to celebrate this weekend :D

Thank you Nutty - it is, as always a very great pleasure and honour to be involved with the PUPS.

I do want my name on the signature - very badly - but with such an epic occasion as our final send off before the promised land of primadonnas and woolen gloves, I may decide to go a little bit less safe than usual.....bigger is better.....as long as we win. I may of course change my mind, but it seems to me that we have often played safe and gone for certs and then been let down by a totally unforseeable random result. May as well have a pop at the big time!

All suggestions are VERY GREATLY received - come on people - I''m feeling pretty invincible right now - who''s with me???

Germans again,

DYNAMO DRESDEN       V          Wacker Burghausen     HOME WIN

DWWWL                                           DLDLL

Good luck Muddy and all PUPS[Y]

I''m going for Swansea to beat Sheffield United.

Best of luck Muddy and all the Pups[Y]

Would be great if we could end such a momentous season with another win![<:o)]

All right Muddy, I''ll get into the spirit of your thinking by going for a selection that will give us better odds but should still have a good shot at winning. Perhaps a few other posters can do the same to help you with your task.

Millwall to beat Barnsley

All right Muddy, I''ll get into the spirit of your thinking by going for a selection that will give us better odds but should still have a good shot at winning. Perhaps a few other posters can do the same to help you with your task.

Millwall to beat Barnsley

greetings from the preston north end of the PUPs. Nothing to lose as it looks like west norfolk will be taking the honours so city to beat coventry for me. imho we should put the whole �10 on it this week!

With all hope of a Top 40 finish gone I''m playing for pride this week. But I still want to try and offer something different, so it''s the Spanish 2nd division and

Rayo Vallecano v Salamanca - Home Win

Rayo are second (W12 D4 L1 F36 A14 at home), Salamanca sit 4th bottom (W5 D1 L12 F14 A26 away).

Best of luck Muddy, and all PUPs.

Finally, big thanks must go to Nutty for his time running this fantastic venture again this season, and of course to Billy for his continued support.

Cheers all.

Like the sound of a more riskier set of pickes [;)]

Norwich to finish the season with a home win!

Norwich Vs Coventry Home win!

A big thank you to NN for his efforts this season a thankless task, and best wishes to MF. A brilliant season for the Canaries but not so for myself but it''s always good to go out with a florist....... sorry flourish so playing my joker (double point NN[;)]) and to add value to the bet.

Barnet V Port Vale away win

But for the change of manager the vale could be on the way up this season and Barnet have all the pressure on them.

The Friday is better for me Nutty but I also understand that Leeds has the longest journey so I''ll work with it.

Can''t believe this is the last pick!!! Thanks Nutty, Billy and everyone for making this so special in what has been a special season for us all. We have a"team" of lovely PUPs who come on here week in week out to try and raise funds for FONCY. Lets hope in this last week we can help Muddy Funster raise some more to round off a fanastic week.

I''m heading to Germany for:

BAYER LEVERKUSEN -v- Hamburg   HOME WIN

Good Luck MF and all you Lovely PUPs[:D][Y]

As regards the meet Nutty both dates are ok for me[<:o)][D]

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]The Friday is better for me Nutty but I also understand that Leeds has the longest journey so I''ll work with it.[/quote]Now Drinks, the Free Bet is for everyone - not just me here in Leeds, you all tell Nutty which date you prefer and he will decide on the best time to have the meet. Wether it suits me or not is not the question! Its Rays and Nuttys Free Bet, not mine, I''m just a (very poor this season) Pup who likes to give as much support to Nutty as we all do. Hopefully I''ll see some of you Pups while I''m in the Fine City on Friday evening and Saturday [Y]Onto more pressing matters - Good luck Muddy Funster!This week, I''m going to my old stomping ground of Welsh Wales and am going to NapBANGOR CITY v Llanelli in the Welsh Cup final, as a Bangor win.Good Luck all Pups, special thanks to Nutty as ever for his tireless work, Billy Dixon our generous sponsor and each and everyone of you guys and girls that have posted on this thread this season. Lets go out with a bang and hopefully Billy will sponsor us again in our Premier League adventure!Leedscanary

Malta this weekand top of the table Valletta to win at home against one from bottom Tarxien Rainbows.

Valletta are unbeaten in 27 games this season.

May I second The Great Drinkells thanks for Nutty''s efforts this season.

Good Luck Muddy and all PUPs

MC

To keep my head above the relegation line i''ll go for Spurs to beat Blackpool. Good luck everyone

"Back to the USSR" for me this week with a visit to Ukraine

Shakhtar Donetsk  v  Metalurg Donetsk  (home win)

Good luck everyone and a big thank you to nutty for making the free bet such a success, a ''worthy'' tribute to Arrdee [*]  

Wow the last week of the thread, well lets try our best to make it a winning one!  I picked the games for the last week last season, and chose us to confirm our promotion in style, how wrong was I!  So best of luck this week Muddy, I''m sticking in the Championship though, where I expect:Swansea to beat Sheff UTDAnd confirm their promotion??!!  Best of luck Muddy, and all you Pups.

I am definitely goin with a PREMIER LEAGUE NORWICH CITY home win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Saturday would be good for the meet/party Dad but the Fri would also be okay with us.

My 1st season as a Pup and I look forward to being a picker next year. My thanks to Nutty ( Kev ) for all the admin work that makes this possible and continues to raise much needed funds for the FONCY and keep Arrdee’s legacy alive and kicking !

As for my nap, I can’t see anything but a Norwich home win to top what has been an unbelievable season for us all. Good luck Muddy and all Pups , lets end with a win!

And to those lucky enough to be at Carrow Road on Saturday – Its going to be one hell of a party and a very special day,  so enjoy !

OTBC

CharlieFarlie

Good Luck Muddy and all PUP''s

Southampton v Walsall - Home Win

Thanks for all the hard work this season Nutty.

Also many thanks to Billy our favourite bookie, what a nice guy.

Not forgetting Ray, the terribly missed Arrdee. Without whom none of this would have been possible.

Wazzock beat me to it. Southampton Home Win please Nutty.

Good luck to MF.

Also a massive well done to NN and DR for their great odds.

Nutty have I made enough picks this season to be on the table or not?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Nutty have I made enough picks this season to be on the table or not?

[/quote]

Not quite Legend. You''re currently on 9-15 60%. You took to long a holiday[H]

But that''s the beauty of the free bet, it''s there for all of you whenever you can post. There''s no requirement to pick every week all though some of us are addicted and [8]just can''t get enough[8] But to be fair a picker has to select in at least half the available weeks to be on the table. 20 weeks is the minimum at the end of the season.

This week I am going to go for Nottingham F to beat Palace and secure play off place.

Good Luck Muddy Funster and all pickers and lets end a great season on a high.

Many thanks Nutty and Billy for the organisation and continuation of the free bet thread and I am hoping like the rest of us that the free bet will on again for next season.

When the Free bet was started by Ray I remember how long it took us to get a first win and look at the total winnings now. It feels like we are really doing something worthwile long may it continue.