Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Wilbraham...the forgotten man

Reading the pinkun article on dear Aaron reminded me that he actually plays for us! Does anyone really see much of a role for him next season? Could he be moved on in the summer?

In reality I didn''t think he was good enough for the Championship, never mind the Prem!Either a cheap offload to a CCC/L1 club, or maybe a season long loan, but the first team...no way.

Whilst his goal at Leicester was crucial, I don''t believe Wilbraham really made the grade at Championship level.

If Worthington was still manager, AW would probably be given a chance at Premier League level, but I think Lambert must see that he was struggling last season.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Whilst his goal at Leicester was crucial, I don''t believe Wilbraham really made the grade at Championship level.

If Worthington was still manager, AW would probably be given a chance at Premier League level, but I think Lambert must see that he was struggling last season.[/quote]

Which begs the question as to why he was signed in the first place....

For me the article shows that someone certainly thinks he has a future here.

He was fantastic this season, did exactly what Lambert wanted him to do. I think he will go to a Championship Club that are looking for that sort of hold the ball up, knock it on type of player. Maybe Derby or Coventry...

Another forgotten man is Leon Barnett and that is testament to Zak Whitbread. But unlike Aaron, I can see Leon playing a big part in the premier league for us.

He did what we needed at the time. He took some knocks for the team and he chipped in with his goal at Leicester. Clearly a popular team man. I think if we are serious about next year though he has to be moved on. As others have said I thought the championship was a bridge too far for the guy let alone the Premiership. But firstly we need to get someone in to replace him before making any rash decisions. Last time around keeping Iwan on for another season was definitely not the answer. But it would have certainly been a better solution than playing Gary Doherty up front for a decent chunk of the season.

Hes in his last year of his contract so highly unlikely to go a season long loan.  He done ok for us in the end, he caused problems for defenders, he got a couple of assists and finally notched at Leicester.  When he scored that goal, you could see how the whole team were pleased for him. 

I dont think he''ll be used very much if he stays, and personally, i dont think hes up to prem football, but i think Lambert may keep him at least til January and give him a few games.