Sign in to follow this  
srfab1

earnshaw

with forest looking like they are going out off the playoffs who would have earnshaw back?

I can bet you at least 5 replies will be calling him Earnmore and dis-loyal....

If we were half the price we bought/sold him for then yes.

[quote user="srfab1"]with forest looking like they are going out off the playoffs who would have earnshaw back?[/quote]We don''t want " has beens".Would much rather have McGugan.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="srfab1"]with forest looking like they are going out off the playoffs who would have earnshaw back?[/quote]We don''t want " has beens".Would much rather have McGugan.[/quote]Having said that, the little man goes and scores a crackerjack.Oh well, I can''t always be right.

He''d still do a good job for us.  We''re gonna need quality in the prem, Oli Johnson and Wilbraham aren''t likely to be up to it, and who knows about Jacko, though hes earnt a crack at it, lets remember that Jacko went around 25 games without a goal before this purple patch.  We need another 2 decent strikers who have scored regularly in the Champ and if poss the prem.  Earnie would be good to have as competition for Jacko and hes out of contract this summer.  Personally we could do a lot worse...

WAY, players leave and join clubs all the time.

He was brought in and sold by different managers, who says Roeder didn''t want him here?

Some players might be happier to move around than others, treating it more like a normal job (which it is to them, why should pay and location be any less important to a footballer than it is for a lawyer?). Some are more dedicated, but can you really blame Earnshaw being sold? It wasn''t as if he forced his way out of the club.....

[quote user="jed exodous"]He''d still do a good job for us.  We''re gonna need quality in the prem, Oli Johnson and Wilbraham aren''t likely to be up to it, and who knows about Jacko, though hes earnt a crack at it, lets remember that Jacko went around 25 games without a goal before this purple patch.  We need another 2 decent strikers who have scored regularly in the Champ and if poss the prem.  Earnie would be good to have as competition for Jacko and hes out of contract this summer.  Personally we could do a lot worse...[/quote]

I think we can do a little better personally.

He''s not been prolific in the Championship has he?  Id sooner have Long or Graham.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]WAY, players leave and join clubs all the time.

He was brought in and sold by different managers, who says Roeder didn''t want him here?

Some players might be happier to move around than others, treating it more like a normal job (which it is to them, why should pay and location be any less important to a footballer than it is for a lawyer?). Some are more dedicated, but can you really blame Earnshaw being sold? It wasn''t as if he forced his way out of the club.....[/quote]Earnshaw is a bit of a mercenary, but to everyone who slates him, he scored some important goals for us, and it''s hardly his fault that Doomcaster and Worthy let him negotiate a clause in his contract so he could be sold for £3.5m.

Wasn''t there some sort of clause written into his contract, meaning we had to sell him if the right offer came in? Forgotten the details.Anyway, I''m beginning to think he could be very useful, a la Kevin Phillips type player.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]WAY, players leave and join clubs all the time. He was brought in and sold by different managers, who says Roeder didn''t want him here? Some players might be happier to move around than others, treating it more like a normal job (which it is to them, why should pay and location be any less important to a footballer than it is for a lawyer?). Some are more dedicated, but can you really blame Earnshaw being sold? It wasn''t as if he forced his way out of the club.....[/quote]

I don''t remember him kicking and screaming about wanting to stay either

[quote user="Gingerpele"]WAY, players leave and join clubs all the time.

Some players might be happier to move around than others, treating it more like a normal job (which it is to them, why should pay and location be any less important to a footballer than it is for a lawyer?). Some are more dedicated, but can you really blame Earnshaw being sold? It wasn''t as if he forced his way out of the club.....[/quote]

I think you will find he wanted a move.

[quote user="The Young Ones"][quote user="Gingerpele"]WAY, players leave and join clubs all the time. He was brought in and sold by different managers, who says Roeder didn''t want him here? Some players might be happier to move around than others, treating it more like a normal job (which it is to them, why should pay and location be any less important to a footballer than it is for a lawyer?). Some are more dedicated, but can you really blame Earnshaw being sold? It wasn''t as if he forced his way out of the club.....[/quote]

I think you will find he wanted a move.
[/quote]

That''s what I thought.

Earnmore activated a minimum fee release clause in his contract because he didn''t want to stay.  In any case he is too old and injury prone.

No, scored a great goal tonight, but most Forest fans have said he has been quite poor this season and are not much concerned that his contract has not yet been renewed; add that to the fact that our team is built on a good work ethos, which I believe Earnshaw lacks and is not really a team player. Just my opinion. *awaits abuse*

I''d never have any players that have been here and left back whatever the circumstances of their departure, it''s never the same second time around. Now we actually have some money we could afford any striker in the Championship if we wanted them, Earnshaw would still do a job in the Championship but now we are in the prem we should be setting our sights higher.

Be good if someone could find a link to these stories.  Cant remember too much about his leaving, just remember one morning i went to work we had him, 10 hours later i come home and hes gone, we have 2.5 million and Jamie lad...

So, Earnie on a free, give Cody a chance or £3 million or so on Danny Graham or £4 - £6 million on Shane Long or Nicky Maynard...

Personally, i cant see Lambert going for him, but i do beleive he''d do a good job here, like he did before.  Perhaps he did encourage the move, but i dont remember him leaving under a cloud, more a case of us needing some cash to cover the parachute payments.  Wasn''t Peter Grant in charge when Earnie left?

[quote user="kdncfc"] but now we are in the prem we should be setting our sights higher.
[/quote]

quotes like this should always be followed by reasonable suggestions as to players they want...

Yes, we probably could afford any player from the championship we wanted, but we''re probably gonna need 7 or 8 players so chucking all our cash at one position isn''t shrewd. 

Hes not had a great season, but hes still got something about him.  If i could be bothered, i''d like to check all these Jackson fans as well, just to see what they were saying about him in November, December, Jan and Feb, it seems that after his late flurry of goals, nobody ever had a bad word to say about him...

[quote user="jed exodous"]

Be good if someone could find a link to these stories.  Cant remember too much about his leaving, just remember one morning i went to work we had him, 10 hours later i come home and hes gone, we have 2.5 million and Jamie lad...

So, Earnie on a free, give Cody a chance or £3 million or so on Danny Graham or £4 - £6 million on Shane Long or Nicky Maynard...

Personally, i cant see Lambert going for him, but i do beleive he''d do a good job here, like he did before.  Perhaps he did encourage the move, but i dont remember him leaving under a cloud, more a case of us needing some cash to cover the parachute payments.  Wasn''t Peter Grant in charge when Earnie left?

[/quote]

I seem to remember he spoke to Billy Davis while he was away on International duty and told him How much it would Cost Derby to get him from Norwich, Derby only played him a couple of times from start and not many more from the bench, A move it appears to have come back and Haunted him,   

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[/quote]

I seem to remember he spoke to Billy Davis while he was away on International duty and told him How much it would Cost Derby to get him from Norwich, Derby only played him a couple of times from start and not many more from the bench, A move it appears to have come back and Haunted him,   

[/quote]

You were there then?  With him and Billy?  On internation duty? yeah?

Yeah i bet he has nightmares over a 3.5 million pound move, followed a year later by a 2.5 million pound move. 

In all seriousness, the truth probably isn''t available to us supporters.  I cant remember all the stories and articles about Earnie and his move at the time, some of it may well have been him, but remember we had Doncaster at the helm, no more parachute payments (i think) and very few other sellable assetts.  Off the field, things were looking very bleak, and the move happened to suit both parties at the time.  We got a bit of cash and the previous season top scorer, then the likes of Brellier and Strihavka, and Earnie moved on.

[quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="kdncfc"] but now we are in the prem we should be setting our sights higher.[/quote]

quotes like this should always be followed by reasonable suggestions as to players they want...

Yes, we probably could afford any player from the championship we wanted, but we''re probably gonna need 7 or 8 players so chucking all our cash at one position isn''t shrewd. 

Hes not had a great season, but hes still got something about him.  If i could be bothered, i''d like to check all these Jackson fans as well, just to see what they were saying about him in November, December, Jan and Feb, it seems that after his late flurry of goals, nobody ever had a bad word to say about him...

[/quote] Shane Long for a start, Nicky Maynard would be a decent call although I don''t think he''s worth 5 million quid. Both have time to improve and would potentially have a decent resale value.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="kdncfc"] but now we are in the prem we should be setting our sights higher.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Shane Long for a start, Nicky Maynard would be a decent call although I don''t think he''s worth 5 million quid. Both have time to improve and would potentially have a decent resale value.
[/quote]

10/10 for originality...  Fans have seriously gotta wake up if you think we have £5 million to spaff on 1 player in our first season back in the top flight...  Or would you rather that, followed then by £1 million spent on another 6 or 7 players?

Shane Long would be good, but i really cant see it happening and Maynard?  Not at those figures.  I really dont see the hype surrounding Maynard, hes not done anything special for Bristol City and against us on TV a few months back he didnt look anything special at all imo...

[quote user="jed exodous"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="kdncfc"] but now we are in the prem we should be setting our sights higher.[/quote]

[/quote] Shane Long for a start, Nicky Maynard would be a decent call although I don''t think he''s worth 5 million quid. Both have time to improve and would potentially have a decent resale value.[/quote]

10/10 for originality...  Fans have seriously gotta wake up if you think we have £5 million to spaff on 1 player in our first season back in the top flight...  Or would you rather that, followed then by £1 million spent on another 6 or 7 players?

Shane Long would be good, but i really cant see it happening and Maynard?  Not at those figures.  I really dont see the hype surrounding Maynard, hes not done anything special for Bristol City and against us on TV a few months back he didnt look anything special at all imo...

[/quote]I wouldn''t be surprised if we did spend between 3 and 5 million quid on one player during the summer'' Bowkett stated that all the forty million tv money would be avaliable for the playing budget and even though around half of that is likely to be taken up by wages I would have thought there will be around 15 million quid to spend on transfer fees if Lambert so wishes.