Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Are we to expect an announcement this week...

...with regards to players we will be releasing??

I would have thought Lambert and team would let them enjoy Vegas etc first, then break the news to them when they get back.

You would think that the players being released would have some idea by now i.e. Mat Gill, Tudor-Jones etc.

After giving Francomb another year recently yes I''d expect Lambert also had meetings with other players out of contract.

I''d expect Askou and Tudur Jones to be certainties to leave. Gill is a strange one as he''s always done ok when he''s come on (and in his loan spells too) and he is a great character and really popular with all the squad. I''m not saying we should keep him on for banter but he may stick around a bit longer until we have got someone else coming in for certain.

[quote user="jeagle"]

I''d expect Askou and Tudur Jones to be certainties to leave. Gill is a strange one as he''s always done ok when he''s come on (and in his loan spells too) and he is a great character and really popular with all the squad. [/quote]

Football wise Gill has done no better than Askou or OTJ but perhaps because of his character they might think it''s worth him sticking around if he''s happy to go without first team football.

"...with regards to players we will be releasing??"

Unless their contract is up we can''t ''release'' them. If their contract is up this season (June) then technically after that date they are no longer ''our'' player as we don''t hold their registration. I believe Gill and Askou fall into that category. As there ha benn no news of new contracts offered i expect both to move elsewhere.

I suspect that at least a couple of others will be told taht they will not figure in Lamberts plans/squad so will be encouraged to find another club - with City paying up all/part of their contract.

ie they are on say £5k a week at Norwich and are offered 3 yeras at £3l a week elsewhere. Norwich would pay mup the £2k a week for the remaining contract (approx figures)

If pushed I would add Cody, Adeyami, Tudor Jones, MacNameeplus Smith & Hughes -both already gone? I should imagine that Lambert has already informed those who are not staying/wanted.