Sign in to follow this  
Good Evening Neil

Could someone help?

Basically, i have sat in the N&P for 10 or so years, as an 18 year old i''m getting a bit fed up of the lack of atmosphere. I started to pay for my season ticket in February i think, but wondered if i am still able to change to the Barclay?

I think you are a few hours too late as Movers and Shakers was this morning. Still worth a call though. Nothing to lose.

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]Basically, i have sat in the N&P for 10 or so years, as an 18 year old i''m getting a bit fed up of the lack of atmosphere. I started to pay for my season ticket in February i think, but wondered if i am still able to change to the Barclay?[/quote]No chance!!I have sat in the Barcely 3 years and want to move back to the E block where I was before. There are no seats left in the lower Barcely as of 5 mins ago. None at all!!

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]Basically, i have sat in the N&P for 10 or so years, as an 18 year old i''m getting a bit fed up of the lack of atmosphere. I started to pay for my season ticket in February i think, but wondered if i am still able to change to the Barclay?
[/quote]

It''s not too bad sitting in the N&P anyway. Always got away games for atmosphere [Y]

"so i guess i shouldn''t complain"

you''ll be the only one in River end who doesn''t !

ps it''s not a pedantic point about the name - the club belongs to it''s supporters not the sponsors

keep it that way

[quote user="City1st"]"so i guess i shouldn''t complain"

ps it''s not a pedantic point about the name - the club belongs to it''s supporters not the sponsors

keep it that way[/quote]So the Barcely is the?? Or is it the Barcely and its just what its called.

Away games will be good [:)] just hope not too many people jump on the bandwagon because we are going to Old Trafford. By the way, do you call the Jarrold, the Jarrold or the South Stand?

What about Snakepit UK Ltd they won''t take too kindly to us calling it ''corner infill twixt those stands of a certain name''

I''m a qualified brain surgeon and it confuses the hell out of me

Regarding N&P, Jarrold Stand etc. Surely if you''ve never known it as anything else why would you call it by its old name. There''s a bit of an "I''ve been a fan considerably longer than" you snobbery about all this.

Yes, there are few and far between us, the old un''s (snobs as say) who can remember when it was the South Stand

Barclay, South Stand, River End and Main Stand, always were when I started going and always will be to me.

[quote user="L4cole"][quote user="City1st"]"so i guess i shouldn''t complain"

keep it that way[/quote]So the Barcely is the?? Or is it the Barcely and its just what its called.[/quote]The Barclay is named after Captain Evelyn Barclay, a former

vice-president of the club, who paid for the cost of roofing the original

stand in 1937. It was an open terrace previous to that.