Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Lambert splits from childhood sweetheart.

None of our business. You can blame the tabloids all you like but nobody forces fans to start threads about our managers private life.

Really saddened to hear this. The man has behaved with unbelievable dignity and professionalism towards Norwich in the circumstances. I only hope we (as in the supporters, media and the club) can do likewise for him in this situation.

This is not news, just an infringement on someones personal business !Wish the papers would just leave people alone :(

Ha! Only Morty... [;)]

Sad news, obviously, but as others have said its none of our business.

From a completely selfish point of view, I know from recent experience how these things can distract and depress you, whether its intentional or not. But Lambert, I feel, is a stronger character than I and I suspect he''ll cope as well as he can.

That''s pretty much all I''d like to say no the matter and I hope this thread drops down as soon as people have got used to the news (its only natural to comment, given the circumstances, I just hope its not still here in 2 weeks'' time).

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]why didnt he bring his family to Norwich?[/quote]

His wife didn''t want to leave behind all her friends and family and they didn''t want to unsettle the children at school.  This was reported last year when the Celtic managers job came up.      

Sadly, the media will go bonkers now........Archant included no doubt.      

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/15/norwich-city-boss-paul-lambert-splits-from-his-childhood-sweetheart-wife-of-20-years-115875-23130104/                                                

[/quote]Archant are far from perfect Wiz but they''re a class apart from the Mirror Group rags.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]why didnt he bring his family to Norwich?[/quote]

His wife didn''t want to leave behind all her friends and family and they didn''t want to unsettle the children at school.  This was reported last year when the Celtic managers job came up.      

Sadly, the media will go bonkers now........Archant included no doubt.      

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/15/norwich-city-boss-paul-lambert-splits-from-his-childhood-sweetheart-wife-of-20-years-115875-23130104/                                                

[/quote]

Archant are far from perfect Wiz but they''re a class apart from the Mirror Group rags.

[/quote]

To their credit, Archant, so far, have printed nothing.

This thread needs to end now mods.......please.

Whilst of course this is sad news, marriages break up every day. You deal with it and move on, which I''m sure he will.

Yes Morty, there are enough people in the inner circle with numerous matrimonial miles on the clock to rack up a cricket score aren''t there??? [;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]This thread needs to end now mods.......please.

[/quote]Erm.....didn''t you START this thread on another site wiz? [:O][:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]This thread needs to end now mods.......please.

[/quote]Erm.....didn''t you START this thread on another site wiz? [:O][:D]

[/quote]

---

Priceless (Wiz starting a thread elsewhere) assuming it is true. But in defence of the Mirror, this - although very sad - is a valid story because of the reason (stressed by the paper) for the break-up.  If there were only personal reasons for the split that wouldn''t be news, but the specific connection between the professional and the personal (which was certainly mentioned on this board as a possible factor when Burnley wanted him) makes it so.

And far from showing Lambert in a bad light this story and this thread should only evoke sympathy. It should also bring home to fans (and I include myself) that we often forget the human element.

Many people in football are driven individuals (it is what makes them successful) but there can be a cost. Lambert is in part the brilliant manager he is because of tough career choices - leaving Scotland and going to Germany, managing in England rather than Scotland, for example. We have greatly benefited from those decisions; Lambert and his family have suffered.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]None of our business. You can blame the tabloids all you like but nobody forces fans to start threads about our managers private life.
[/quote]

Agreed