Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Lambert splits from childhood sweetheart.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/15/norwich-city-boss-paul-lambert-splits-from-his-childhood-sweetheart-wife-of-20-years-115875-23130104/

It''s a real shame he never moved his family down here as the distance was clearly a factor in the split.

Sad news, much be hard maintaining a happy manage when working the hours a football manager does, never mind working over 300 miles away from your family.

Massive respect for someone who, with all that trauma and pressure going on in his private life, and all the focus on NCFC at the end of the season,he always maintained his composure,manners and dignity.

What a top bloke, but tremendously sad for all concerned, it''s awful.

Sorry to hear about this. Hope Paul can use football and Norwich''s Premier League campaign as a way of taking his mind off things.

This is what annoys me about our country and it''s media. THIS IS NOT NEWS ! ! ! It''s personal and has absolutely eff all to do with anybody else other than Paul Lambert, his wife, and their respective families.Not a complaint at the OP, a complaint at the state of our media.

This is what annoys me about our country and it''s media. THIS IS NOT NEWS ! ! ! It''s personal and has absolutely eff all to do with anybody else other than Paul Lambert, his wife, and their respective families.

Totally agree.Let it slide quickly down the page.

This is too personal to be writing about in a newspaper.

I did notice PL wearing his wedding ring at the parade on Tuesday though.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]why didnt he bring his family to Norwich?[/quote]

His wife didn''t want to leave behind all her friends and family and they didn''t want to unsettle the children at school.  This was reported last year when the Celtic managers job came up.      

Sadly, the media will go bonkers now........Archant included no doubt.      

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/15/norwich-city-boss-paul-lambert-splits-from-his-childhood-sweetheart-wife-of-20-years-115875-23130104/                                                

Sympathy to the family. Selfish side of me hopes this doesnt distract lambert, must be hard for him

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]This is what annoys me about our country and it''s media. THIS IS NOT NEWS ! ! ! It''s personal and has absolutely eff all to do with anybody else other than Paul Lambert, his wife, and their respective families.

Totally agree.

Let it slide quickly down the page.
[/quote]

Stop talking sense Cluck,you will get a reputation[Y][;)]

(Sorry to bump)

[quote user="hogesar"]Sympathy to the family. Selfish side of me hopes this doesnt distract lambert, must be hard for him[/quote]

Sadly hogesar, you won''t be alone in your thoughts, quite a few of us will have that flash through our minds at one time or another..

I know I am having those thoughts... I''m not proud of that.It seems to me (apologies for speculating about this) that this was a long time coming. Afterall, he was manager at Colchester and Wycombe before us; and it must be as difficult to get back to Scotland from those two places as it is here.I''m just saying: I don''t think it had anything to do with managing Norwich.

Massive respect to Paul for maintaining his focus and continuing to over perform in his job with all this going on.  I don''t think I could have done that and I am not in the media spotlight everyday, with every single thing I do being analysed by so many.

This is, IMO, very sad news. Norwich City always wants to be seen as a family club and the fans seem to like it being that way too, so it''s such a shame that it hasn''t worked like that for our boss.I also agree that this shouldn''t really be in the public domain.I hope things can be worked out. After all, we want a happy manager !!!

It would be hugely disrespectful for us to speculate on why and what the circumstances were, and also to say what we would have done.

We love this manager and if he decided to leave Norwich because of family reasons, it would make me respect him more, if that''s possible.

Whatever will be, will be.

I remember reading this last summer: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/06/13/celts-hero-paul-lambert-fights-to-save-marriage-to-childhood-sweetheart-86908-22330419/

This is not new news that PL is having difficulties at home. I never trust the mirror.maybe a crap journo putting 2 and 2 toghether to get 5?

It angers me this is is in the papers. The Mirror can go to hell.

Must be hard for him, I remember after scunny game he had to rush off as going back to Scotland for mothers day. He is / was a family man, husband, dad after all and as fans should respect that.

Sorry but promotion to the PL is nothing compared to a solid happy family and I feel for Paul

Gutted for him. All this time the club have been celebrating, but behind the scenes Lambert must of been having a dreadfull time in his personal life. Huge respect for the man, and wouldn''t blame him one bit if he wanted to move back to Scotland to save his family from breaking up...hopefully for selfish reasons though he will see trying to keep Norwich as a good familiar distraction.