Sign in to follow this  
ziggy

season tickets

[quote user="Stan Ley"]Hairy Canary. I''ve been watching this lot since 1972 so your comments re waiting to see whether we got promoted are a long way off the mark. As you rightly point out, the product HAS changed & the prices have gone up. It''s the timing that I disagree with. If you renew your ticket next January when Norwich are in 14th position & then in May we sadly got relegated the product will of course change again. Will the club refund those that have paid? Surely you would deserve a refund because of this change!![/quote]

Do some work before you go on leave!

[quote user="Stan Ley"]Hairy Canary. I''ve been watching this lot since 1972 so your comments re waiting to see whether we got promoted are a long way off the mark. As you rightly point out, the product HAS changed & the prices have gone up. It''s the timing that I disagree with. If you renew your ticket next January when Norwich are in 14th position & then in May we sadly got relegated the product will of course change again. Will the club refund those that have paid? Surely you would deserve a refund because of this change!![/quote]

Its more (as said before) supply and demand.  There are a 1000 people on the waiting list - if you dont want the seat someone else will quite happily have it for a higher price.  Likewise if you were selling a product (say Norwich Promotion mugs) and you were selling them at £3 - only to find that you were selling quicker than you could buy them in - would you carry on selling at £3 or raise to £5?

If we go down, presumably demand will be less - because there will be no Hammers fans wanting to watch Prem football at a cheap (comparative) price.  Therefore price could go down if there are surplus tickets - however if there are still people waiting then they probably wont lower the prices

Understand totally that you want to wait until you have the money/its closer to the season in question/whatever.  However by leaving it to the final deadline you do leave it open to said market forces.  Its the gamble you take - the only other option the club have is to force people to renew by - say - February and anyone not renewing by then loses their seat....and I think that would generate far more moans than charging a few extra pounds