Sign in to follow this  
ziggy

season tickets

i just renewed my daughters under 21 ticket and it had gone up from the price in the magazine because of promotion ? is this right cos i didnt know ?

Yes, there were some complaints last week that they''d hiked up the prices upon promotion without any warning even though the final renewal deadline isn''t until tomorrow. Very disappointing from the club.

Everyone has had loads of time to renew them so I wonder why leave it until now?If you''d renewed before the 1st deadline you wouldn''t have to worry about price increases.You''d also have saved some dosh even if the prices hadn''t just gone up due to promotion.

"Everyone has had loads of time to renew them so I wonder why leave it until now?"Barclaystand, I think you''re missing the point here. The fact is that the club provided a brochure back in December clearly stating prices for renewals between that time and May 14th.Everybody has different circumstances & can choose the time they wish to renew. Personally I had no desire to pay for a seat in December/January that I wouldn''t be sitting in until mid August. I was well aware that by leaving it until early May that I would be paying a little bit more but I was happy to accept that.The real point here is that the club having secured promotion on 2nd May decided to withdraw the pricing structure for the remaining few season ticket holders who had not renewed. Increased prices were introduced on 6th May, just 8 days before the final deadline for existing season ticket holders. Would it not have been more sensible to increase prices from 15th May instead?The attitude by the club here is, in my opinion, somewhat "penny pinching". These increases may have brought in an additional £20,000 or so from the remaining season ticket holders but I think goodwill has been lost.I respect your right to renew your ticket for 2012/13 at an early date as long as you respect mine to renew whenever I choose. I wonder if the club will be reducing prices of tickets next May if the worst should happen & the side get relegated? We both know the answer to this but the same principle should apply surely!!

We''ve gone up a league get real the prices are bound to go up. I have no problem paying an extra £10 a month or whatever it is to watch Man u and Chelsea at home rather than Scunthorpe and the likes.

At the bottom of page 12 of that brochure it states" Norwich City Football Club reserves the right to amend any published season ticket price".No dates or reasons are given in the event of them deciding to do so.

Stated during commentary yesterday (so could be accurate, could be total rubbish) on Sky that the Arsenal have put prices up by 6.5%.

You wouldn''t want to be paying their prices even before their increase let alone watching the s***e they play.

Puts it in perspective maybe.

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]Stated during commentary yesterday (so could be accurate, could be total rubbish) on Sky that the Arsenal have put prices up by 6.5%. You wouldn''t want to be paying their prices even before their increase let alone watching the s***e they play. Puts it in perspective maybe.[/quote]

Yeah I believe that figure is to be correct as yesterday Arsenal fans were chanting "6%, you''re having a laugh!"

Glad I renewed my under 21 season ticket in January, next years renewal will be for an adult''s season ticket though..I better start saving!...By the way, next season when we are in the Prem. and the club releases season ticket prices - are they likely to hike them up on the basis that we are in the Premiership for the moment, or for the first season at least - try and lay off big increases untill the club has consolidated in the Prem. as opposed to making fans pay Premiership prices for possible Championship football?

[quote user="alysha"]just out of interest how much did the season ticket go up by?[/quote]

A further £60 as I understand it.  Barclay Lower = £525.

Re next years ST, who knows, but if we are doing OK I would expect a big hike, after all we have a new stand to pay for!

[quote user="Ren"]

[quote user="alysha"]just out of interest how much did the season ticket go up by?[/quote]

Re next years ST, who knows, but if we are doing OK I would expect a big hike, after all we have a new stand to pay for!

[/quote]Ouch!! Glad I did mine in Jan!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]At the bottom of page 12 of that brochure it states" Norwich City Football Club reserves the right to amend any published season ticket price".No dates or reasons are given in the event of them deciding to do so.[/quote]

So they haven''t duped anyone, then.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]At the bottom of page 12 of that brochure it states" Norwich City Football Club reserves the right to amend any published season ticket price".No dates or reasons are given in the event of them deciding to do so.[/quote]

So they haven''t duped anyone, then.

[/quote]

---

I don''t think anyone is suggesting the club have duped supporters exactly, but in the past, from memory, when there has been a doubt over which division we would be in for the next season the club has published alternative figures.

Certainly that happend when we got relegated, because there was the rebate that Foulger then invited fans not to claim. As far as I can see this time the club didn''t warn fans that prices might go up instantly (ie before that May 14th deadline) if we were promoted, even though by the time the prices were published promotion was obviously a possibility. It was not something totally unforeseen

Given that, I think it was a fair assumption that the published prices would stay the same until May 15th at least.

[quote user="L4cole"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]Ouch!! Glad I did mine in Jan![/quote]Ouch?? You''re having a laugh? Bargain in my opinion. £525 for 19 games in what is one of the top 3 leagues in the world = £27.63 per game!I would love a season ticket, but at the moment location and family/work committments prevent me from having one.Still, I''ll sniff out the "casual" tickets until I can justify a season ticket, but I''m damn sure in a couple of years I''ll be looking at £750+

I only had to pay £173 to renew my under 21 ticket - now that is a bargain!

="Stan Ley"]"Everyone has had loads of time to renew them so I wonder why leave it until now?"Barclaystand, I think you''re missing the point here. The fact is that the club provided a brochure back in December clearly stating prices for renewals between that time and May 14th.Everybody has different circumstances & can choose the time they wish to renew. Personally I had no desire to pay for a seat in December/January that I wouldn''t be sitting in until mid August. I was well aware that by leaving it until early May that I would be paying a little bit more but I was happy to accept that.The real point here is that the club having secured promotion on 2nd May decided to withdraw the pricing structure for the remaining few season ticket holders who had not renewed. Increased prices were introduced on 6th May, just 8 days before the final deadline for existing season ticket holders. Would it not have been more sensible to increase prices from 15th May instead?The attitude by the club here is, in my opinion, somewhat "penny pinching". These increases may have brought in an additional £20,000 or so from the remaining season ticket holders but I think goodwill has been lost.I respect your right to renew your ticket for 2012/13 at an early date as long as you respect mine to renew whenever I choose. I wonder if the club will be reducing prices of tickets next May if the worst should happen & the side get relegated? We both know the answer to this but the same principle should apply surely!!

Free Country and all that but why the h ell pay more for something which you could of gotten cheaper????

Thats like seeing a car in a sale that you can buy there and then but you decide to wait until after the sale when the price will go up!

Strange atitude but then again its your choice and more money for Paul Lamberts transfer fund!

I''d of thought most fans would of realised that with Mcnasty in charge you have to take advantage of every chance you can to save money cause sure as he ll, Mcnasty won''t miss a trick to squeeze notes out of us (all for the good of the club of course)!

Glad I''m not a casual cause they are going to be expensive!

Grantroederdisaster writes:"Thats like seeing a car in a sale that you can buy there and then but

you decide to wait until after the sale when the price will go up!"I hear what your saying, but the point I''m making is that you would usually know the finishing date of the car sale!! I presumed the "car sale" at Carrow Road would finish on 14th May but was clearly wrong.Crying [:''(]Anyway, hopefully your comments re my money going to Lambert''s transfer fund are right & we get some quality additions to the squad. My extra 50 quid will help a little.

perhaps an elitist comment......but will say it anyway

Why on earth did you wait so long on a renewel ?? You have had litterally months to update.....I have no sympathy to be fair, as we are premier I expect them to hike their prices, if you didnt then frankly your stupid !! sorry :(

Auto renewed my 3 in Jan, cheapest price to renew and with 12 months interest free payments too. As said before there really is no reason to wait, unless you weren''t going to bother if they didn''t get promoted! You made your choice and now you''ve got to pay the price for waiting, bigger fool you!

[quote user="barclaystand"]Everyone has had loads of time to renew them so I wonder why leave it until now?If you''d renewed before the 1st deadline you wouldn''t have to worry about price increases.You''d also have saved some dosh even if the prices hadn''t just gone up due to promotion.[/quote]I don''t think the problem is the hike in prices per se; I think it can only be expected that you''d pay premium prices for Premiership football. I think the problem is the lack of warning.

I believe the club has called this the "Plastic fan premium" and it was to punish anyone who waited to see what division we were going to be in before renewing their ticket.[;)]

[quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]Stated during commentary yesterday (so could be accurate, could be total rubbish) on Sky that the Arsenal have put prices up by 6.5%. You wouldn''t want to be paying their prices even before their increase let alone watching the s***e they play. Puts it in perspective maybe.[/quote]

Yeah I believe that figure is to be correct as yesterday Arsenal fans were chanting "6%, you''re having a laugh!"

[/quote]

Well, at least any City fan who wants a first time trip to The Emirates and doesn''t get a ballot ticket shouldn''t have too much trouble getting into the home seats then.After all we are only '' little ol'' Norwich.......

"the Googler" Ah at last somebody understands the point i''m making. I''ts not the extra 50 quid that bothers me, it''s the policy.

Seems pretty obvious to most of us I think.

The club has reasonably deduced that anyone who has left it this late to decide whether to renew or not has been waiting to see if we are playing premiership football or not. You seem to be having a moan that you wanted to wait to confirm our promotion first and then expected to buy the ticket at Championship prices. The club in the meantime activated its clause allowing a price increase because the product on sale has now changed considerably and hence a price rise is justified.

The rest of us had already pinned our colours to the mask and have reeped the benefit of that leap of faith.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

Seems pretty obvious to most of us I think.

The club has reasonably deduced that anyone who has left it this late to decide whether to renew or not has been waiting to see if we are playing premiership football or not. You seem to be having a moan that you wanted to wait to confirm our promotion first and then expected to buy the ticket at Championship prices. The club in the meantime activated its clause allowing a price increase because the product on sale has now changed considerably and hence a price rise is justified.

The rest of us had already pinned our colours to the mask and have reeped the benefit of that leap of faith.

[/quote]

*Mast.

Sorry Hairy to be so anal but the saying comes from the days of the British Navy when they made their boats out of wood. To nail one''s colours (or "pin them") to the mast has also come to mean a stating of one''s beliefs openly but originally derives from when in battle a ship surrendered lowering it''s flag. If you nailed your colours to the mast you had no intention of surrendering, you were totally loyal to your side.  

All i know is about £36 goes outta my account per month to the club and my seat is there until I ring them and tell them I don''t want it.

Not sure how many games i''ll make next season though as i''m moving from my Carphone Store near Debenhams to a new "Wireless" store in Chapelfield.

Hairy Canary. I''ve been watching this lot since 1972 so your comments re waiting to see whether we got promoted are a long way off the mark. As you rightly point out, the product HAS changed & the prices have gone up. It''s the timing that I disagree with. If you renew your ticket next January when Norwich are in 14th position & then in May we sadly got relegated the product will of course change again. Will the club refund those that have paid? Surely you would deserve a refund because of this change!!