Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Russell Martin in Scotland squad

[quote user="shefcanary"]

I see acouple of problems here:

1. Russell has probably been out of training for over a week already, and how shall we say it, participating in off-season frivolity;

2. Ain''t he going to miss the Vegas trip now?

Great news though and good luck. 

[/quote]He came back from Vegas early. He did a live phone interview on SSN earlier - said he was then travelling back to Norwich to search for his birth certificate, as there is still some paperwork to sort out before he''s eligible to play.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Puts the  posters moaning that he was a bad signing at League One level (you know who you are!) into some sort of perspective.

[/quote]

---

But surely Martin being picked for Scotland[:$][:''(][:$] backs up their argument...[;)][:D][;)]

[/quote]

Speaking as someone whose great aunt once touched a haggis at the local butchers I consider myself at least half Scottish and must take you to task over your absurdly racist slur. SEE YOU PAL!!!![;)][8o|][:D]

[/quote]

---

Beau, given what they say about Glaswegians ("If they like you they let you live.") I''d say your response was pretty restrained...[;)]

As for Martin I just feel it is significant that although he qualifies (through a complicated series of liaisons[U] involving various great-grandparents and fifth cousins four times removed)  for such world powers as Armenia (62nd in the Fifa rankings), Gabon (59th), Belarus (53rd) and that rising star, Burkina Faso (42nd), none of them has deemed him worthy of selection.

Scotland, in 66th place, is the best he can do, evidently.[:(]

"As for Martin I just feel it is significant that although he qualifies (through a complicated series of liaisonsBroken Heart [U]

involving various great-grandparents and fifth cousins four times

removed)  for such world powers as Armenia (62nd in the Fifa rankings),

Gabon (59th), Belarus (53rd) and that rising star, Burkina Faso (42nd),

none of them has deemed him worthy of selection."This is either a joke, or a very serious piece of research [:)]It''s a joke.  Isn''t it.  Go on. Tell me it''s a joke.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"As for Martin I just feel it is significant that although he qualifies (through a complicated series of liaisonsBroken Heart [U] involving various great-grandparents and fifth cousins four times removed)  for such world powers as Armenia (62nd in the Fifa rankings), Gabon (59th), Belarus (53rd) and that rising star, Burkina Faso (42nd), none of them has deemed him worthy of selection."

This is either a joke, or a very serious piece of research [:)]

It''s a joke.  Isn''t it.  Go on. Tell me it''s a joke.
[/quote]

---

But, blah, I''m noted for my very serious research rather than my jokes![;)][:O][;)]

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=128&newsCategoryID=6&newsID=7799Here, The scottish manager is speaking about Martin''s call up

Well done Martin, pleased for him, although tainted by the fact that it is for those dirty Scottish b.astards.

Well done Russell Martin. Almost makes up for you not winning POTS[:''(] Thought I better have a new avatar to celebrate the news[;)]

Good news for Russell and all that... I just get the feeling that if he waits a while, he might be good enough for an England call-up one day. If he does play in the squad he might come to regret it.By the way take a look at this (http://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=242273). It takes a look at if Russell should wait a while before going and playing for Scotland. It''s quite good (although I am bias, I did write it)

Good news for Russell and all that... I just get the feeling that if he waits a while, he might be good enough for an England call-up one day. If he does play in the squad he might come to regret it.By the way take a look at this (http://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=242273). It takes a look at if Russell should wait a while before going and playing for Scotland. It''s quite good (although I am bias, I did write it)