Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

Bentley - I don't understand...

If'' we''ve got to pay his wages till the end of the season, why on earth not keep him until then? We might get a few more games out of him.

I can only think that Worthy believes Bentley is actually a negative factor at the club. Maybe his attitude is rubbing off on a few other players, or he is causing friction somehow?

The only reason we''re sending him back is because it cancels the loan.  Even though we are still paying his wages it means we have the possibility of getting two more bodies in.  I think what will happen is we''ll wait until end of January and if we have found two loans send him back and say thanks, and if we''ve only found one (or god forbid NONE!!) then we''ll keep him with the intention of playing him for the last couple of games

It seems now Worthy is modifying his actions by saying that he will float it for 10 days before deciding.

Could be that he is watching the next couple of games results to gage the urgency of getting loan players.

Could also be the injury has been overstated and may be just 2/3 weeks and not 2/3 months.

Don''t mean to sound horrible, but why should we use up room in our treatment room for player who might not ever play for us again this season and that extra cost of our physio spending time with him ?I know it is a harsh view

Unless we wheel out the rumour of Green to Arsenal in the summer with Bents and Pennant + cash coming our way??

[quote]Don''t mean to sound horrible, but why should we use up room in our treatment room for player who might not ever play for us again this season and that extra cost of our physio spending time with him ...[/quote]

Not a harsh view at all Olster.

My own feelings are rather simplistic. Bite the bullet, cough up (if we can afford to!) and get rid of him pronto!.

After all, he''s hardly set Carrow Road alight, has he now?.  

I`ve always felt that Bentley had an attitude problem  ....... like he felt he was " slumming it " by playing for us  !   if we HAVE to pay his wages  then he should be  made to clean the boots  etc  , sitting on his arse  for the rest of the season with  what might turn out to be a spurious " injury " is just taking the p**s  .

Surely there should be a clause in the contract which states that if  a loan player can`t  play  for some reason  then  his wages should be payed by  club who loaned him until  he CAN play ? ........  if I rented a car  I`d expect the bloody thing  to move , if not  I don`t pay the rent until it does .........

I think the trouble was him like a most so called hot shots coming from big clubs on loan

He was always going to struggle to maybe ever live up to the potential and form he needed to deliver every week for us not just moments of class

Arsenal (well ar"e wagger) is a bloody hogger.....

Hes 2nd in the league, with loads of money, millions of internationals and in europe......

and hes making us pay for bently for the rest of the season....... If you ask me, i think that he is worse than Joe Royle!

Thats another for the revenge list!