Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Latest Lambert rumour courtesy of The Sun...

This isn''t news, it''s common sense. Quite why posters on here are calling it "b******s" is beyond me unless they can''t read."

That''s why it''s bollox, as it''s posting up the blindingly obvious with the usual underlying subtext that there is more - as with the sh!te about QPR.

Lambert signed a new contract in June (as did McNally) last year that would have reflected the clubs promotion to the Championship. It is most likely the same will happen as we are now in the Premier League.

Curiously the suns stunning revelation concerning interest from other clubs was err.................... stated by Bowkett ""There''s been a lot of speculation linking him to other clubs and that''s understandable as he is an excellent young manager with a competent and motivated coaching team backing him up. at the time June 2010. the sun is famed for printing stories long after they have done the rounds elsewhere but a year ! That''s some going, even by them.

However the sh!te doesn''''t end there. It further warbles Lambert "has been offered a £1.6million-a-year deal" Which to anyone is specific" - whereas a few lines later adds "any new contract would be the same length".

So the sun produces more meaningless guesswork cobbled together with a pretty picture (to cover the absence of any real news or content) to over excite the terminally dim. you couldn''t make it up could you, unless you are working there and then it is a contractual obligation.

[quote user="City1st"]This isn''t news, it''s common sense. Quite why posters on here are calling it "b******s" is beyond me unless they can''t read."

That''s why it''s bollox, as it''s posting up the blindingly obvious with the usual underlying subtext that there is more - as with the sh!te about QPR.

Lambert signed a new contract in June (as did McNally) last year that would have reflected the clubs promotion to the Championship. It is most likely the same will happen as we are now in the Premier League.

Curiously the suns stunning revelation concerning interest from other clubs was err.................... stated by Bowkett ""There''s been a lot of speculation linking him to other clubs and that''s understandable as he is an excellent young manager with a competent and motivated coaching team backing him up. at the time June 2010. the sun is famed for printing stories long after they have done the rounds elsewhere but a year ! That''s some going, even by them.

However the sh!te doesn''''t end there. It further warbles Lambert "has been offered a £1.6million-a-year deal" Which to anyone is specific" - whereas a few lines later adds "any new contract would be the same length".

So the sun produces more meaningless guesswork cobbled together with a pretty picture (to cover the absence of any real news or content) to over excite the terminally dim. you couldn''t make it up could you, unless you are working there and then it is a contractual obligation.[/quote]

I don''t think I''ve seen anyone get quite so worked up about ''articles'' from The Sun posted to promote a bit of banter amongst fellow Canaries, nothing more nothing less, but that said, thanks for the info about when Lambert and McNally''s signed new contracts as I couldn''t remember off the top of my head (especially this morning before I''d had my rusks).

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Pay the man... end of story."

They are. Do you think he''s been here for free the past 2 years...? Or maybe that he got paid...? hahahaha!

"Sky is blue... end of story."[/quote]That was so funny I almost woke up....

Remarkably I don''t see too much wrong with this article.

Firstly I think our board should be worried about loosing Lambert and not because I think he''s going to leave us in the immediate future. The problem is who would replace him if he does go? Getting a manager of the same quality would be nigh on impossible. If I was a fan of an established Prem team and our manager got sacked in October I Lambert would be near the top of my list especially if I was a Bolton, Everton or Sunderland fan who would possibly see themselves as the next step up before he moves on to bigger and better things.

As for the contract I would imagine if a figure of £1.6 million is close to being correct it would include a hefty bonus for avoiding relegation. Even if it didn''t who of us can argue that Lambert shouldn''t be the highhest paid member of the coaching and playing staff.

Yes it is The Sun and yes they do normally produce rubbish however this article while pointless isn''t as bad as many others.

Davo

"I don''t think I''ve seen anyone get quite so worked up ..."

whoooooooooooooosh !

ps maybe you need to get out a bit more lad,

why not nip over to the Square and Compass and have a jar, nice walk along Priests Lane (way)

---

Leaving aside this particular story, which seems innocuous enough in a stating the bleeding obvious way, fans - and the club - are going to have to stay or become relaxed[H] about this kind of stuff. It goes with the Premier League territory. There will be much, more more. There is a reason it''s called the silly season.

after some peoples mass hysteria over the frankly ridiculous Burnley Situation early in the year (suprised we didnt have an increase in self harm cases) i refuse to beleive any story linking Lambert with anyone.

Warnock is quitting QPR,Mcleish will leave brum to take over QPR and a certain Peter Grant to take up the brum job. Lambert will be at norwich still. You heard it here first.

[quote user="City1st"]"I don''t think I''ve seen anyone get quite so worked up about ''articles'' from The Sun posted to promote a bit of banter amongst fellow Canaries..."

whoooooooooooooosh !

[/quote]

And had you have not chopped my now restored sentance in half when quoting.... Whooooosh indeed ;)

The Comp and Square''ass? A truly awful boozer - Not as loved in these parts as you may think.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Warnock is quitting QPR,Mcleish will leave brum to take over QPR and a certain Peter Grant to take up the brum job. Lambert will be at norwich still. You heard it here first.[/quote]

I read that in the N O T W, Not really though, lol 

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Warnock is quitting QPR,Mcleish will leave brum to take over QPR and a certain Peter Grant to take up the brum job. Lambert will be at norwich still. You heard it here first.[/quote]

I read that in the N O T W, Not really though, lol 

[/quote]

Warnock has already signed up with QPR for next season.

"Not as loved in these parts as you may think"

I know, though it''s well beloved by people who have offspring called Harry and Oliver, who have usually got a delightful little place just up the road, "we come down most weekends y''know"

[quote user="City1st"]"Not as loved in these parts as you may think"

I know, though it''s well beloved by people who have offspring called Harry and Oliver, who have usually got a delightful little place just up the road, "we come down most weekends y''know"[/quote]

That is very much the case, and very much why most avoid the yuppy sardine tin - I''m impressed with your knowledge of the area. Cluck is another poster on here that also knows Purbeck well... Small world.

Worked down there somewhile back and often stay over with friends when at ''nearby'' away games.

The best I''m likely to get now is Reading but that is a fair old hike - which is usually what we do. Walked pretty much most of it over the years. Very hard to explain when walking along the coast at North Norfolk. Nuts in May (Mike Leigh) is the best I can usually offer.

You are in a cracking part of the world - if you have to be outside of our fine county.

I can''t see how any manager would leave a club that had just won promotion to the Premiership to join one that had just got relegated to the Championship. West Ham are also going to lose their best players and I think they''ve said that relegation is going to cost them £40m.

Well.......if and when our current manager decides to ''up-sticks''.....We may as well also be prepared for the departure of his loyal assistant and the majority of his present back-room staff - who will most likely also depart and join him......Followed closely, by a few quality members of our playing squad.....

....And, I certainly wouldn''t discount an essential member and element of our success, who''s shrewd dealings in appointing our magnificent manager, was but one, of many of his decisions that have brought good fortune to NCFC.... may alas, also depart for pastures new...in pursuit of a fresh challenge.....  

Fact of football life.....

I do hope contingency plans are in place......just in case.....? 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Well.......if and when our current manager decides to ''up-sticks''.....We may as well also be prepared for the departure of his loyal assistant and the majority of his present back-room staff - who will most likely also depart and join him......Followed closely, by a few quality members of our playing squad.....

....And, I certainly wouldn''t discount an essential member and element of our success, who''s shrewd dealings in appointing our magnificent manager, was but one, of many of his decisions that have brought good fortune to NCFC.... may alas, also depart for pastures new...in pursuit of a fresh challenge.....  

Fact of football life.....

I do hope contingency plans are in place......just in case.....? 

[/quote]

Oh they are Mello..............Bryan Gunn.[:S]

/http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Norwich-boss-Paul-Lambert-is-the-shock-name-on-West-Ham-hit-list-to-be-their-new-manager-but-Chris-Hughton-remains-bookies-favourite-article737843.html

And now the Mirror are in on it. Great.

From the DM this morning -

"West Ham have been alerted to the strained relationship between Warnock and QPR''s owners and may consider him to succeed the sacked Avram Grant, should they fail to entice Paul Lambert from Norwich.

Lambert is the favourite, with a longer shelf life than Warnock but with similar credentials for returning them to the Premier League and establishing a firm foothold there.

But should he stay at newly promoted Norwich, Warnock would at least bring a track record for taking teams up".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1388540/QPR-poised-axe-manager-Neil-Warnock.html

Of course clubs are going to be trying to get hold of Lambert. Who wouldn''t want him at their club?!

It was also on Sky Sports News this morning that West Ham are after Lambert or O''Neill.  Can''t see O''Neill wanting to manage at Championship level and why would Lambert want to step back in the Championship when he has Premiership football at his feet?

I think and really hope that he stays with us for at least a season. Right now, I wouldn''t want to be playing under any other manager.

OTBC