Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

Reading or Swansea

To be honest I think I''d prefer having another crack at Reading after the farce that was the away game!

I think Long will move on regardless of what league they''re in and would struggle to find a quality replacement to keep them in the prem.

Plus I''d rather raid Swansea for the likes of Williams - Sinclair - Dyer - Borini (yes i know he''s on loan from chelski before I get ripped apart) which would be easier with them in the championship

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Swansea is a long, long way from Norwich! Reading would be a lot easier for the away fixture...[/quote]

This answer for me[Y]

There will be no easy games in the Premier but Swansea is a pig of a trip and I still don''t really get why we should have to travel to another country for an English League fixture.

reading !!!!! no welsh thank you. swansea are good at home but s??t anywhere else .

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Swansea is a long, long way from Norwich! Reading would be a lot easier for the away fixture...[/quote]

This answer for me[Y]

There will be no easy games in the Premier but Swansea is a pig of a trip and I still don''t really get why we should have to travel to another country for an English League fixture.

[/quote]

Completely sympathise with this, my gut tells me though that we will finish above Swansea but Reading will be more difficult.

So based completely on my gut, I want Swansea as staying up for another season to get the finances sorted is all that matters for me. (Of course I do know this is all based on assumption)

Swansea, because the media would make a big thing about them being welsh, so would take the pressure away from us. Plus i''m a Shane Long fan.

[quote user="Ben "]I really would love to see Long and Kebe at Norwich but can''t really see Long joining us. But I would prefer to see Reading go up instead of  Swansea.[/quote]Same here, English teams in English league please...

I am with scrappy. Don''t care about this english league stuff. Totally agree that there would be a stigma about Swansea all season. I can see us finishing above them and that is what I want next season to be above 3 teams.

Reading on the other hand, I think would spend quite a bit and be more of a threat next season than Swansea.

As I have mentioned before WBA sneaked through under the radar by coming up with the seasiders and the toon army (who believe they have a right in the prem). That is why with Swansea it would be better. Otherwise with two back to back promotions we will be the team that will get alot of attention if reading come up.

Long unfortunately is unlikley to come here and yes Swansea have players I would like to see here. But I would rather Swansea came up.

Reading.Its closer.They are English and this is the English premier League.I want us to get Shane Long.Pretty good reasons I reckon!

I think Swansea. Hopefully that will mean we put in bids for Long and Kebe. Both would improve our side.

I would take some satisfaction if it was Reading, purely because of the way Swansea always celebrate prematurely i.e. after they beat us and after they beat Forest on Monday night.

So I take it all of you who want Swansea promoted don''t have a problem with them answering to the Welsh FA and not the English FA?

I''d imagine if Swansea go up they''ll be forced to move to the FA''s jurisdiction. The FA actually care what big teams say and so as soon as one of them kicks up a fuss something will be done.

But I''d prefer Reading to go up, don''t really want any of their players Long is too much like Jackson and isn''t Kebe quite injury prone? (also I reckon E.Bennett would be better value for money on the RW).

We should really look at getting Borini in, out of contract and wants away from Chelsea and I''m sure would rather join us in the Prem than Swansea in the Champ.

[quote user="city4eva"]Reading, its an English league[/quote]

FC Vaduz play yo-yo around in the Swiss top two tiers despite being from Liechtenstein.

I would like fucking Swansea to win that play-off finale at Wembley.

And to the guys saying that Wales is another country than England is like saying that California is another country than Arizona.

[quote user="NauruDude"][quote user="city4eva"]Reading, its an English league[/quote]

FC Vaduz play yo-yo around in the Swiss top two tiers despite being from Liechtenstein.

I would like fucking Swansea to win that play-off finale at Wembley.

And to the guys saying that Wales is another country than England is like saying that California is another country than Arizona.[/quote]I have nothing against them being Welsh but IMO if they play in the English Leagues they should answer to the English FA.

Swansea for me, purely as I''ve managed to miss the trip to the Liberty the two times City have played there (bestman at a wedding, ironically in Swansea and on holiday in Australia more recently).  Also got good friends who are Swansea fans (hence the bestman links to south Wales).As for the Welsh v English FA issue, this has already been addressed and both Cardiff and Swansea will answer to the English FA from next season: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/06/fa-faw-cardiff-swansea

On a personal note it''s -- Reading.   Just down the road (M4) from me, it would be my closest match to go to.On a general football note it''s --- Reading. Not too keen on the fans (70''s attitude) and it''s a Welsh team in the English League.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]As for the Welsh v English FA issue, this has already been addressed and both Cardiff and Swansea will answer to the English FA from next season: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/06/fa-faw-cardiff-swansea[/quote][quote user="guardian.co.uk"]Welsh clubs will break with more than a century of football tradition from next season and submit to cross-border regulation by the Football Association. Cardiff City and Swansea City have historically been dealt with by the FA of Wales, which has different regulations and disciplinary processes to its English counterpart. This is despite both clubs playing in English competitions.

A spokesman for the FAW told Digger: "All matters where the penalty can include sporting sanctions will be dealt with by the [English] FA, including doping and off-the-field issues." How this will take shape is currently the subject of ongoing discussion but Digger hears from another source that one possible outcome is for a representative of the FAW to sit in on any FA disciplinary panel involving a Welsh club.

The news of reform emerges after Digger exposed the FA''s inability to sanction Cardiff City under third-party rules even if it is proved that the chairman of another football club has held a material influence over their transfer affairs. The Football League is currently investigating an arrangement Cardiff hold with an offshore entity, Player Finance Fund, that may be connected to the former Coventry City chairman, Ray Ranson. Cardiff deny the arrangement constituted third-party influence.[/quote]I hadn''t seen that article before Matt and I can''t find anything about it anywhere else as I have a few reservations on what is in the above article: "All matters where the penalty can include sporting sanctions will be

dealt with by the [English] FA, including doping and off-the-field

issues."

That says to me that normal everyday decisions like player suspensions etc will still be dealt with by the FAW"One possible outcome is for a representative of the FAW to sit in on any FA disciplinary panel involving a Welsh club"

Why? If they are under the English FA there is no need for a representative from the FAW to be present.

Would prefer Reading but can''t see Swansea getting beat on a pitch as big as Wembley - that said look at my stats on the Pups league and it''s a definate Reading win [<:o)]