Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Gutted but needs must

Just posting on the New Kit thread and thought i''d post it seperately to see what response i get, I''ve got an XL Asics 89-92 home top (shoulder stripes) in almost perfect condition,i''m thinking of selling it,how much do you reckon i''d get for it?,seen them go for silly money, previously on e-bay one i was watching went for £160 and that was in used condition,recently got rid of a few old shirts and memorabilia but as the title says needs must.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

£40 bloody hell!! Never seen any of the retro shirts go for that price,well done on that bargain,i always seemed to pay over the odds for my stuff.

depends if its the home or away shirt?I have the white one and it cost me £100 and its in mint conditionthe home shirt is less valued can get it for between 40-50 quid

Yeah its a cliche but ''its only worth what someone will pay for it''

Especially on Ebay, theres one on a classic kit website for £150 and its been there forever, probably still is there.

Ive seen them go £35-40 but also seen them go for just less than a ton. Never seen one go for more than £100.

The XL in 1982 is probably a Medium/Large these days. So that is a good selling point, if any one sees XL, they''ll think ''damn thats too big''

Ive wanted one of these shirts forever and been outbid a couple of times, however I do think your £160 is very ambitious.

Also the thing with ebay is that it could go to a shirt collector that wants to buy valuable shirts and sell them on, rather than a City fan.

So in conclusion, sell it to me for a bargain price!

My advice would be to just place a reserve on it so you don''t feel you are getting completely fleeced. I think £40 is a pretty fair start. I got a 93/94 shirt with Goss''s name and number on the back. It also had UEFA Cup stuff on it. Absolute steal for £50 I reckon. Now signed by the great man, framed and hanging proudly on my wall.

I think i''ve decided to keep it,it''s just such a nice kit and i think i''d regret it,my mate offered me £80 for it and i just can''t bring myself to say yes,oh well have to sell something else.

Wife for sale.£100 ono, used lots of times, and has tendency to annoy.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]I really want the home Asics shirt but the ones I see on ebay always go for stupid money.[/quote]

It''s so nice,i had the home and away in small which got thrown out by mistake,yes i said it, thrown out!!!(Bloody Mother) I then got and XL one a few years back for, well lets just say a silly price,i hope our new kit is as nice as the old Asics classic.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]I really want the home Asics shirt but the ones I see on ebay always go for stupid money.[/quote]

It''s so nice,i had the home and away in small which got thrown out by mistake,yes i said it, thrown out!!!(Bloody Mother) I then got and XL one a few years back for, well lets just say a silly price,i hope our new kit is as nice as the old Asics classic.

[/quote]

Thrown out?! I would have been fuming! The away one too, which is extremely rare (am I right in saying the first team never wore this?) and is the one I''d prefer to be honest but I love the home kit too, it''s from when I started supporting NCFC and it is a timeless classic. I was bidding on one a while back and thought I had it in the bag but somebody came in with a ridiculous bid towards the end :(

I''m going to dig out my home Asics shirt now then and flog it.Also got a long sleeved Hummel Poll & Withey from 83/84 I think.....

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Thrown out?! I would have been fuming! The away one too, which is extremely rare (am I right in saying the first team never wore this?) and is the one I''d prefer to be honest but I love the home kit too, it''s from when I started supporting NCFC and it is a timeless classic. I was bidding on one a while back and thought I had it in the bag but somebody came in with a ridiculous bid towards the end :(

[/quote]

Yup my mum had a clear out some years back and rather than check with me,she chucked them,god why didn''t i take them when i moved out!?! I was furious with her for a week or two! I think your correct that the team never used the white one and it is rather rare and if you find one you''ll have to pay over £100 for it,i missed out on a white one a few months back it was at £75 then in the last few minutes doubled in price.

I''ve had all the shirts since the 1970/72 one, the only one I have kept is the away (white) Milk Cup Winners, I don''t stand a hope in hell of getting into it now though.