Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Avram Grant Sacked

Well Robert Green letting in a tame shot to hand Wigan the win probably dropped his price a bit. Not sure Green would be my 1st choice. I''d take Forster over Green any day of the week. We do need a 2nd keeper. Bring one in and let the best man win.

I also think they should have kept Zola.  He wasn''t doing anything special but I don''t think he could have done much more with what he had.

I think we should put in a cheeky bid for Hitzlesberger (sp) [:P]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Well Robert Green letting in a tame shot to hand Wigan the win probably dropped his price a bit. Not sure Green would be my 1st choice. I''d take Forster over Green any day of the week. We do need a 2nd keeper. Bring one in and let the best man win.[/quote]Green once said "I''d rather stick needles in my eyes than play for Norwich"I have a packet here now if indeed he''d like to back that up.....

Please go and find actual video footage of him saying that, without anything else. WHY WHY WHY would a person who was here for 10 years say that?

[quote user="Depraved"]
Green once said "I''d rather stick needles in my eyes than play for Norwich"

I have a packet here now if indeed he''d like to back that up.....
[/quote]

greeno would have never said that, hes still got friends up here (including one mutual friend, we all went to CNS) and watches norwich matches when he is able to.

Love Greeno. But he has the whiff of failure about him since the WC. Having said that no doubt Lambo could sort him out. Rather have Forster giving Ruddy competion.

West Ham board lack so much class. Always talking in newspapers to boost their egos. Everything that''s wrong with West Ham, is right with us.

Sad day for Football when a great passing side and club like West Ham go down. (have some Hammers Fans as close freinds and they are very apssionate about the team and club). From what I remember they were down the last time we went up!

I have always like Robert Green and felt sorry for his World Cup nightmare.

What now for Greeno? Surely he won''t want to stay at the Hammers, the Championship is nowhere to be trying to get back in the England fold.

Personaly I think the Gunners should get him, if not then who?

Norwich? a sweet return, or is Rudd good enough for the Prem? Would Greeno think Norwich is a backward step?

Will be an interesting few weeks.

Cheers All.

For me, Green''s not the keeper he was when he was here and I''d rather not have him in the sticks for us.

Ruddy''s had a cracking season for us following a shaky start, and deserves his chance in the Prem for what he''s done. Wouldn''t be surprised if we do bring another keeper in though.

not sure if you mean Rudd with Green being our backup/ 2nd keeper fighting for a place? - wont happen, wage will be to high for that and other clubs will want him

If (and I guess you did) mean Ruddy, then I would have to say that I think Ruddy IS good enough, we got promoted with him in goal, he''s proved his worth, a sub keeper with more experience may be required but thats up to Lambert, imo we have our number 1 sorted.

Never mind whether Green thinks Norwich would be a backward step, I think it would be a backward step for Norwich. We already have our first-choice keeper who has been so reliable and has played a huge part in our promotion, and he should be the one to have the chance to face the top teams.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Just seen a howler from him for the 3rd, coupled to his gaff for England, and some people wanna ditch Ruddy for him.[/quote]Green is low on confidence after the WC howler. If PL sees a reason to get him in, I will be happy that he comes if PL wants him, then I have no doubt PL will win his confidence over. PL is (i think) one of the best managers in making players believe in their ability (Fox, Crofts, Holt were all nobodies before he took them).So, if Green comes then I''ll be happy b''cause I know it''s PL''s decision and vice versa. Stop slating every possible player which is mentioned as a rumour. Then Greenos canary connection doesnt ruin anything.

Green has played solidly for 7 straight seasons in the Premier League. He kept West Ham in the game today.

[quote user="Largey"]Green has played solidly for 7 straight seasons in the Premier League. He kept West Ham in the game today.[/quote]Well said. Green has been fantastic in the premiership and has played a massive part in keeping West Ham in the league for this long. Im not saying id want him back, Ruddy has had a great season and deserves his chance, but to dismiss Green so easily is foolish. Also the suggestion in another post, of ten players not to sign, that we should sign Gilks over Green was simply hilarious.

[quote user="Largey"]Green has played solidly for 7 straight seasons in the Premier League. He kept West Ham in the game today.[/quote]Kept them in the game? More like lost them a point.

Grant is pretty awful when there is actual coaching to be done. He was OK at Chelsea where the senior players were deciding the team and tactics but he''s now got two teams relegated in two seasons. I''d gladly take Ba off their hands but I suspect he''s out of our price range.

What a load of garbage, like you have any idea what was really going on behind the scenes at Chelsea!

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="Largey"]Green has played solidly for 7 straight seasons in the Premier League. He kept West Ham in the game today.[/quote]Kept them in the game? More like lost them a point.[/quote]He kept them in the game by making other saves. DUDE. Do people think that the only shots that go on target are the ones that the keeper fails to save?

Robert Green is a very good goalkeeper. But I think he is in a similiar situation to the one that Paul Robinson found himself in a few years prior to this. He makes one high profile error playing for England and things have pretty much snowballed from there due to everyone jumping on any mistakes he makes. Robinson moved to Blackburn where Sam Allardyce and his backroom team built up his confidence once again and he looks a class act once more.

It would be great to sign him as then we would be able to get some money from the sell on clause

I''ve got to say; I don''t think he''s any better than John Ruddy. Yes, I agree his form for West Ham has generally been good, but I do also think he could have done far better for Wigan''s third yesterday. For the wages and the transfer fee he would potentially command, I''d rather pick up a reasonableish freebie who''d be happy to sit on the bench behind Ruddy and put the resources into more pressing areas, like the defence.