Sign in to follow this  
Reykjavik Canary

Official transfer idea thread summer 2011.

Goalkeeper:Robert Green - He might be relegated with West Ham and would probably want to stay in the Prem. Questionmarks over wages.Fraser Forster - He was class in League 1 and has performed well for Celtic this year. Could be good but maybe to pricey for us.David Ospina - Young Colombian keeper. Plays for Nice in the French Ligue 1 but is maybe too young.Nicolas Douchez - Currently conceded fewest goals in Ligue 1, 28 goals in 33 games is pretty good.Diego Benaglio - He is the Swiss national team stopper and at Wolfsburg who are pretty low right now. Might fancy a chance in the Prem.

Defenders:Hendry Tomas - Wiggan defender pretty good piece of business.Stephane Grichting - One of those tough Swiss central defenders. 32 years old though.

Mario Eggiman - Another Swiss tough defender. Good name too. Eggman - Eggiman

Midfielders:Aron Gunnarsson - CovCity ox in the midfield. Young and hungry.

Jimmy Kebe - My championship player of the season is amazing for Reading on the wing.

Strikers:Garra Dembéle - 34 goals in 32 league appearences for Levski Sofia in

Bulgaria. I''ve watched some of those games and he is a class or two

above the bulgarian league. He is currently top scorer with 2x goals the

number 2 has !!!!!

Kolbeinn Sigþórsson - Icelander heavily hunted by Ajax in the close

season who are reportedly offering 2 million euro. AZ Alkmaar top scorer

this season.Georgie Welcome - Played at the WC and has a perfect name. I would welcome him.m

did we really need another thread, my god it''s been a week and there must be 30 threads all on the same topic

Quite impressed with your knowledge though, Naurudude. some good states on some of the players I would never have considered.

[quote user="Ben "]

[quote user="The ſhroud of Turin"]And the Watford striker whose name escapes me this second[/quote]

Danny Graham?

[/quote]Yep him, imo well worth a punt.

[quote user="Paul"]did we really need another thread, my god it''s been a week and there must be 30 threads all on the same topic[/quote]Ah yes, but this is the OFFICIAL thread!!! [*-)]

How about Marvin Sordell, probably wouldn''t be good enough to start, but has bags of potential (only 20) and of all the players in the Championship who scored more than 8 goals this season, he had the highest accuracy.

[quote user="scrappy33"]Jimmy Kebe, very good player. Can we have Shane Long too. Lets hope reading stay down.[/quote]

I''ve only seen Kebe play once, but it was when he destroyed Leicester a few weeks ago with his pace and skill on the break. I''d rather we sign him than Elliott Bennett if Brighton want 2.5m for somebody unproven above League 1, although Kebe may be injury prone as I''m not sure he''s played since that game.  

would be great to get Forster back but are Newcastle interested in selling? I reckon £5m is a fair price for him but Celtic may offer more.

I don''t think Green would be a good choice for us, he''s never really recovered his confidence since the World Cup and West Ham will probably want a lot for him.

I agree that we need defenders badly, assuming Drury may/may not be playing next season with us we''ll need at least 2 more as cover. Midfiled I reckon we are OK and a couple more strikers to rotate with Holty and Jackon would be good.

I''m sure Lambert will find a ''diamond'' in the Blue Square or L1/L2 who will knock in 20+ goals for us next season!

I''d like us to be looking at the following:

Fraser Forster, Joe Lewis, Bobby Hassell, Inigo Calderon, Ashley Williams, James McCarthy, Elliott Bennett, Ricky Lambert, Steve Morison, Henri Lansbury, Dani Pacheco, Danny Graham.

[quote user="Canary Call Special Needs Admin"]

I''d like us to be looking at the following:

Fraser Forster, Joe Lewis, Bobby Hassell, Inigo Calderon, Ashley Williams, James McCarthy, Elliott Bennett, Ricky Lambert, Steve Morison, Henri Lansbury, Dani Pacheco, Danny Graham.

[/quote]

Agree with a lot of these as do most people I think. Not bothered about Joe Lewis though. Ashley Williams would be awesome but they may still go up and we''ve got Leon coming back for next season hopefully - competition is needed in CB position though and he looks a beast. McCarthy looks good and is young too. Steve Morison would be good competition for Holty and Danny Graham could be great too or even Sordell. Definitely love to see Henri and Dani back!

Jarrold - £5 million for Newcastle''s 3rd choice keeper? Less than half of this I would have thought.

I''d like to see us go for Tom Cleverly of Wigan if they come down. Also Matty Phillips at Blackpool (who may have been with Lambert at Wycombe?) if they come down.

Lower league wise I''d be looking at possibly making a move for Mcgugan at Forest too, although I''m not sure of his personality, as I don''t really know enough about him.

Striker wise you would have to say one of either Long, Graham or maybe even Maynard would be the most realistic (i.e £2m-£3m price tag and should fit within our wage structure).

We will need defensive cover and this is the area that I think PL will look for some Premiership experience, a ''leader at the back'' type player. Although if he does go to the lower leagues I think Ryan Bennett at Peterborough matches the young, hungry specifics that PL looks for, I think hes had a good season for them too.

Ryan Bennett is an excellent shout! Highly rated, young and hungry

[quote user="jeagle"]I''d like to see us go for Tom Cleverly of Wigan if they come down.

Also Matty Phillips at Blackpool (who may have been with Lambert at Wycombe?) if they come down.  [/quote]

Would probably have to see what Sir Alex has to say on Cleverley first tbh.

Matty Phillips does look like a very good prospect though.

Wouldnt it be ironic if Antonio Valencia signed for Valencia, David Villa signed for Aston Villa and Danny Shittu signed for Ipswich Town

I would like to see sam Vokes back to be Holt''s standby and possible successor.

One player who has impressed me this season and really makes things happen is Marvin Emnes.  If Swansea had kept him we might be looking at the playoffs now.   Conversely, if Sansea had kept him then Middlesborough might not have beaten Cardiff.

Lol @ Sideshow Tim!! I think we''d do well to get back the players we had on loan. Vokes, Henri and Dani P.Plus, i''ve already posted that i think we should go in hard for Adam Lallana - he is the only guy out there as far as i can see who could step in to Wes'' boots. We know how much we miss him when he''s out of the side so we really need someone who can mitigate this. Lallana is already quality but think what Lambert could do with him given what he has done with Wes.Add some cover for RMart plus Kebe (an excellent should and someone PL rates) and i''d be happy with that.

With my brother being a Watford fan, I have had a fair few trips to Vicarage Road and I would definitely love to see Danny Graham or Scott Loach at Carrow Road

Tom Cleverly - from what I saw from when he was on loan there last season would add that Premier League quality to the midfield, especially if Lansbury can''t return.

What about Borini or McGugan depending which of their teams don''t win the playoffs? Some of their goals have been phenomenal, both would have that hunger that Lambert is always on about too!

Wayne Bridge? could be amongst those sold by Man City in the summer and if West Ham go down i reckon we''d have a shot but depends largely on his wages i guess. 

Reo Coker. Looks to be on the verge of leaving Villa on a free (so far as I can see). Has prem experience and is 26 nearly 27 so not too old.

That would be a good signing for the midfield if you ask me.

I realise how contentious the idea of ''blogging'' can be on this forum; nevertheless i''ve spent awhile articulating a pretentious shopping list for the summer.If you''ve got the time it''s a long read, so i''d suggest preparing with a cup of tea at hand before sitting down and giving it the one over...http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/blogs/canary_amongst_seagulls/archive/2011/05/10/2528190.aspx

You beat me to it, John. Was planning on doing one over the weekend.[:''(] [;)]

A very good list, think it covers all players in the Championsip and we would certainly do well with 4 or 5 of them to boost our chances. There are a few others from Scotland, the Prem and Europe that I might add.

Well worth a read - especially having them all in one place.

Thanks for the kind words Iwan - especially when said through such gritted teeth. [;)] [Y]By all means i haven''t covered it all, and i''d certainly expect City fans here, and everywhere, to have their imaginations run wild as the transfer window progresses.Think of it as a ''starter''; i''d hate to see my thorough, all encompassing research and succinct (stop laughing) ability to interpret the market put an end to all the speculation that makes the close season the joy it is. [:)]

Good post John. Top class!!!I''ve been thinking for quite a long time that scouting system should be changed a lot. Only have scouts in the clubs home country, and then contact supporters in other countries to scout the players in their respective top divisions. They could then email the club if the believe they''ve found someone class. This ought to save money on scouting a lot while increasing the scouting range of the club.The money that will be saved on scouting can then be used to increase the youth program from Norwich and make it similar to Villarreals.