Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Away allocations next season

Here are the list of maximum away allocations we will be given next season, I have only listed the teams guaranteed to be in the Prem next season.Arsenal - 3,000Aston Villa -  3,000Bolton Wanderers - 5,000Chelsea - 3,000Everton - 3,000Fulham - 3,000Liverpool - 2,000Manchester City - 3,000Manchester United - 3,000Newcastle United - 3,000Queens Park Rangers - 2,500Stoke City - 2,800Sunderland - 3,000Tottenham Hotspur - 2,900West Bromwich Albion - 3,000What

does everyone think of these allocations? I personally thought they

would be quite a bit higher than this and I can see my away trips being

limited next season, not due to money, but because of not being able to

get tickets! Do you think all of them will be sold out? All ballots? (If

so, i''m fcuked!).

Please delete the other thread Pete [:$]

As a football club you can''t give away fans too many tickets as this will reduce the amount that the home team can sell.

Bolton suprises me, and it looks like I have my work cut out for liverpool and tottenham tickets!

I sadly wont have any trouble gaining tickets for any away game due to me and a friend both buying away season tickets so :) :) :) :) :) o ya i forgot i have a home season ticket as well so watch out teams im going to every game

For me West Brom is looking good, but I would prefer Stoke to be a couple of thousand more. I''m off to Derby Uni in Septemeber, So hopefully Wolves, Aston Villa and Birmingham will all be up with us next season, as they will be nearest to me. I don''t have enough stubs as I''ve only been to 6 away games, but hopefully they won''t all go to allocation!  

Why are Bolton offering a lot more tickets than anyone else? I thought you had to offer something like 15% of your capacity to the away team, or is that just in the cups?

These allocations listed on the website i would suggest are not written in tablets of stone as there seems to be a large input of information provided by fans as opposed to being provided by the clubs themselves.Our very own crafty canary pops up on the Norwich City page.Bearing in mind the dodgey information posted in the past on this messageboard concerning ballots and away ticket sales surrounding Norwich City i would rather wait for "official" notification via our own ticket office about what we get.

Largey - the 15% rule is only in the cups. The league rule is 10% or 3,000, whichever is smaller.

Bolton will offer more because they rarely if ever sell out to home fans.

Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal etc, on the other hand, will always sell out, so would have no reason to offer more to away fans.

It depends in some cases, you would think newcastle or stoke someone like that could increase the allocation if needed. Bolton is such a massive allocation as they never ever fill out their ground and I know there not safe yet gurantee you Blackburn will give you a massive allocation if needed and probably the same for Wigan

[quote user="Largey"]Why are Bolton offering a lot more tickets than anyone else? I thought you had to offer something like 15% of your capacity to the away team, or is that just in the cups?[/quote]Because Bolton never fill their ground, even when they were reaching the latter stages of the UEFA cup a few years back they couldn''t force a sell out. On average I would say the away allocations in the Championship is far bigger than that in the Premiership, I think Leeds have averaged around 4000 to 5000 for away games this season something that wouldn''t be possible in the Premiership.

I can''t see us selling out every game like every one thinks but obviously if you want tickets don''t hang around.  The only major grounds I really, really want to go to are Arsenal and Liverpool but it looks like it could be a ballot for them if these allocations are correct.

Yes, we''ll get 3k for Liverpool if desired - just checked ticket news on Spurs'' website for their game at Anfield tomorrow and their allocation was 2,948

[quote user="kick it off"]Foam finger - Im at Derby Uni, going into my third year - add me on facebook - Tomasz Matador-Blazak - I''ll be doing all the same away trips too.[/quote]Can you ask your girlfriend if she can get me Abbi Comrie''s number?

In reality, once you have taken us away season ticket holders off the allocation then for most games there will be circa 2000 away tickets for most grounds. This should be enough except for the big trips like Arsenal, Spurs, Man U etc.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]Remember the prices will be a considerable amount more than Championship - which could put a lot of supporters off![/quote]

Yes, agreed about the increased prices.

My daughter and I attended quite a few away games last season. The average ticket price for both of us was around £35. From memory Coventry and Derby were two of the more expensive and Millwall and Portsmouth the cheaper ones.

God knows what it will be next season; I’m expecting the cost to be a minimum of £60 for both of us.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]Remember the prices will be a considerable amount more than Championship - which could put a lot of supporters off![/quote]

Spot on !!   I resent paying over 50 quid for a ticket so will go to very few, especially when most matches will be streamed on the internet anyway. 

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Yes, agreed about the increased prices.

My daughter and I attended quite a few away games last season. The average ticket price for both of us was around £35. From memory Coventry and Derby were two of the more expensive and Millwall and Portsmouth the cheaper ones.

God knows what it will be next season; I’m expecting the cost to be a minimum of £60 for both of us.

[/quote]Prices for adult tickets for all the championship games 2010-2011 is below.Most expensive was Portaloo Road, followed by Derby then Reading. Preston had some special offer on and was a bargain £5!

Barnsley £26.00
Burnley £26.00
Bristol City £25.00
Cardiff City £26.00
Coventry City £25.50
Crystal Palace £25.00
Derby County £28.00
Doncaster Rovers £25.00
Hull City £23.00
Ipswich Scum Town £33.00
Leeds United £25.00
Leicester City £26.00
Middlesbrough £26.00
Millwall £22.00
Nottingham Forest £26.00
Portsmouth £20.00
Preston North End £5.00
Queens Park Rangers £25.00
Reading £27.00
Scunthorpe United £24.00
Sheffield United £24.50
Swansea City £25.00
Watford £25.00

I''m not looking forward to seeing how much more expensive the Prem is going to be but I''m curious to see who''s the most espensive and the cheapest.

Don''t forget most Premier League teams will have us as a lowest category fixture, so don''t expect to pay OTT prices at places like Blackburn, Bolton, Sunderland etc. Chelsea will be the dearest, they charge a minimum of £47 for an adult this season!

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/ExtraInformation/0,,10268~2263053,00.html

Ipwich wasn''t too bad for us. We were in the family area so it was £28 + £8 so around average away game costs. We didn''t go to Preston as I had promised the family an away day to Alton Towers so missed out on their bargain deal.

This is a bit of a stupid question, but is it actually possible to get an ''Away Season Ticket'' anymore? I''ve looked all over the club website and I can''t find any information about it, although I''m sure we always did offer them.

At least I think we did...