Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

So what are people actually expecting from next season?

There is a world of difference from wanting us to finish in a position next year and where people expect us to finish.I expect us to finish bottom 6 if I''m honest and maybe 17th. That would suit me down to the ground... where I want us to finish is completely different and unrealistic [;)]What about you? Where do you EXPECT us to finish?

If its as open and tight as it is this year, then i think we can get a bit higher than most will expect. 11th place for me.

Survival, but not by much.I actually hope we have a crap start. I think there''d be a much better chance of staying up if we get knocked back & then learn, rather than having a brilliant start until other teams discover our weaknesses, then losses pile up & confidence goes. As we know, Lambert''s teams have the strength of character to surmount early setbacks!

I think this year we could have easily beat the following teams,West HamWiganWolvesBlackburnBlackpoolSunderland

...........and could matched the following,

VillaNewcastleWBABoltonStokeFulhamOn that basis about 10th to 13th Obviously we are to strenghten as well as the other teams so i would say at best about 12th

If we''re not in a Champions League spot by Christmas I''ll be calling for Lambert''s head.

Seriously though, I''d take 17th right now if I was offered it but wouldn''t be shocked if we are towards mid table.

I think with our style of play were gonna do a bit of a Blackpool next season.

We''ll start the season flying out of the blocks but gradually other teams will suss out our plans and play to our strengths accordingly...but I think PL will have another plan and get us playing to a differing style, so i''m gonna stick my neck out and say that i think that we will finish mid-table and win a place in the Europa League the season after due to our great disciplinary record!!!

Ever the optimist!

Did you know, without Bent''s goals, Villa would have been relegated... (of course someone else could have scored in his place)

West Ham have said relegation will cost them £40 million... Well Villa spent £20 million on Bent, worth it?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Did you know, without Bent''s goals, Villa would have been relegated... (of course someone else could have scored in his place)

West Ham have said relegation will cost them £40 million... Well Villa spent £20 million on Bent, worth it?[/quote]It was reported at the time.  If signing Bent kept them up it would''ve been bargain of the season.

Anywhere between 6th and 12th realistically for me. I think Lamberts diamond formation will catch a few of the mid to lower table sides out, much like it did this season.

I expect we will go on some horrific run at some point of the season and have pundits like Hanson make prophetic predictions on how early we''ll get relegated, only to bounce back because of some impossible away victory at a place like Stamford Bridge or The Emirates and survive by the skin of our teeth.

I want us to win the thing. But that isn''t going to happen, even if I swallow the entirety of that packet of baking soda I found in the back of the fridge that went out of date circa 1993.

I do believe we will survive as long as we don''t lose Lambert - from what we''ve achieved with him in charge it''s clear the players are totally committed to him. However, due to the lack of Premiership experience in our side if we do stay up I reckon it will be by no more than 5 points.

If you offered me "in with a chance of satying up on the last day" I''d take it.

Champions. If not then a public hanging at Carrow Road of Lambert, Culverhouse, Karsa & McNally. One from each of the floodlights![;)]

I am expecting a far better start than last time when we left ourselves with too much to do at the end of the season.Realistically we can expect a hard season with a scrap for every point. My gut feeling is that we will survive by no more than 3 or 4 points. That probably means about 14th-16th.

This is a question that should be asked at the beginning of August when we know what players have been signed, as things stand at the moment we may just about have enough about us to survive but if we add some pace and a bit of quality we could easily finish mid table.

At this moment in time im not expecting anything, shall see which players come in and which go, actually start the season would be a good start lol

If last season is anything to go by, I am expecting the unexpected!

Although prediction wise, I think we''ll have a bumpy ride initially, but still play well. Probably have to fend off bids for the likes of Wes and Holt around transfer windows.

Ultimately I think we''ll scrape survival. Maybe be safe with 1 game to go or something. I don''t think we''ll go down without a huge fight.

I''m expecting a padded seat, a complimentary beverage....(and biccies) at half-time.....Oh, and a matchday program....and a large plasma TV in the lounge....

Until the squad is known in August?.....I can''t possibly comment on what I expect from next season.....

I''m expecting Paul Lambert to continually tell us that he is concentrating on keeping us in the Premier League. Round about May 2012 I expect him to start saying "It''s a miracle".

I''m not expecting anything or going to predict a finishing position until the end of pre season; until once the team has trained over the summer and some have departed / new teamates have joined the squad. But like this season, I expect it to be a tough race that will go to the last few games of the season to decide who stays up and who goes down.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]16th place, a good start but once the diamond gets sussed out we''ll need a plan B.[/quote]That''ll be half time then

I dont think i can expect the team to do anything other than bottom 3.  We''ve had a cracking run for the last 2 years and we''re 2 years ahead of where the board were expecting.  I expect us to give 100% every game and to try and play football and have a go at teams, as long as we invest in some assetts and build a squad capable of bouncing back at the first attempt thats about all we can ask for from these players and coaching staff this time around.  They owe us nothing and deserve all the credit and praise they have been receiving.  We''re just such an unknown quantity because of our lack of players who''ve played in the prem, but that could work in our favour, but because of that, and until we know who we''ve signed, i cant expect too much. 

Now, i HOPE we can finish 17th or above, and i think we''ve got half a chance, the first 6 -10 games have proven cruical for promoted teams.  Look at Blackpool, Burnley, WBA and Hull.  They alll had cracking starts to the season which have been the platform for them to survive their first season back in the premier league.  We need points on the board asap.