Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

So It Is Three Games To Go And Ours To Lose.

Great result for us. And Cardiff looked tired at the end. I can''t see them relishing Preston on Monday.

I''m still hoping for promotion at portsmouth like in 1975. Getting carried away? You bet! But that''s what fans do!! Lambert will keep the players feet on the ground.

cardiffs last match is away to burnley, can''t see them getting much there, so as long as we keep our heads and play as we can.......!!!!!!!

Indeed, so good to be in control of our own destiny.However to help things, a perfect weeked for us now would be wins for Burnley and Preston, thereby making 2 of Cardiff''s last 3 more tricky and for Portsmouth to effectively end Swansea''s auto promotion hopes. I''m just being greedy aren''t I ?[:D]

Hull will be certainly up for it against QPR on Monday......Hull have got Boro at home today and if they beat Boro, they will be in with a shout to make the top six......Poor....poor.....Leeds.

there''s "just" 3 mid-lower table teams who are already on their holidays standing between us and the Premiership..........................we really cant blame anyone or anything if we dont do it from here!?!

Bro used to sing "Happiness happiness,is friday night on the ....."

It aint ITS BEATING THE .......5.1 AND 4.1 :):):) I cant stop :):):):)

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]there''s "just" 3 mid-lower table teams who are already on their holidays standing between us and the Premiership..........................we really cant blame anyone or anything if we dont do it from here!?![/quote]

You can''t go around saying things like that! It just adds pressure! I''m a nervous wreck as it is.

but, it is the truth of the matter now. 3 wins and its ours, any less and its nippy bums time.I truely believe we can do it, but, theres a twist or two left yet

Swansea draw today leaves them out of the chase Reading drawing yesterday leaves them 4 points adrift, burnley 3 wins on the trot... The gods are shining on us today! Come on Preston let''s see a late push for safety!!!! Promotion at Portsmouth sounds to good to be true

Its nice to know that potentially if results go are way we might not even have to worry about the result on the last day of the season. Preston will put up a fight against Cardiff and hopefully with a result against Millwall tonight it will give them a real incentive of survival and so will be gunning it against a Cardiff team that had to play 90 minutes in the hottest part of the day.As for Norwich, the momentum and spirt from beating Ipswich has put us in a very strong position. Jackson and Surman are hitting the best form of their time in a yellow shirt and with 2 winable home games ahead, it really is our to loose. Cardiff likely to drops points against at least 1 of their last 3 means that we could get away with 2 wins and a draw, though I cant see any reason why we cant beat all 3!

If we win on Monday and a wilting Cardiff (after todays heat) lose, then we''ll only need 1 more win to guarantee promotion

It''s not inconceivable is it?

Just 2 more wins for us should be enough for the 2nd spot, Cardiff won''t win all three IMO, funny old game we go from being worried about Leeds then Forest then Reading and now Cardiff, al in the space of about 4 weeks!!!

Roll on Monday OTBC

[quote user="Green shorts"]Just 2 more wins for us should be enough for the 2nd spot, Cardiff won''t win all three IMO, funny old game we go from being worried about Leeds then Forest then Reading and now Cardiff, al in the space of about 4 weeks!!!

Roll on Monday OTBC[/quote]5 weeks ago some people were touting Leicester and Burnley for auto. Its there for whoever wants to take it and Cardiff proved today that they don''t have the nerve.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Green shorts"]Just 2 more wins for us should be enough for the 2nd spot, Cardiff won''t win all three IMO, funny old game we go from being worried about Leeds then Forest then Reading and now Cardiff, al in the space of about 4 weeks!!!

Roll on Monday OTBC[/quote]5 weeks ago some people were touting Leicester and Burnley for auto. Its there for whoever wants to take it and Cardiff proved today that they don''t have the nerve.[/quote]I dont think you can say Cardiff have not got the nerve , they were unlucky against the league leaders , its still all to play for and one slip up now will probably be the end for either side .

We''re in one hell of a position now.That said I don''t think both Norwich and Cardiff will win all their remaining three games but as long as we match whatever Cardiff do we''re pretty much guaranteed second spot. Before today I didn''t think Cardiff would win all four of theirs and they''ve gone and slipped up at the first hurdleOf course we could both suffer a total collapse allowing Reading or even more unlikely Swansea to nick second so we could, in theory, finish as low as fourth.With the way this Norwich team is playing  right now I somehow think that won''t happen.....

I know it''s a cliche but the only game that really matters at the moment is Derby on Monday. As far that game is concerned we should benefit from having had 4 days rest and Derby only two. I''m going for a comfortable win.

The last game of the season is always totally unpredictable so I''m just hoping that by continuing to heap pressure on Cardiff they will crack. It''s only a matter of time before they do.

we were in a stronger position prior to the Swansea game. It is brilliant that we have got ourselves back into a position whereby it is in our hands lets not blow it at the death, we must make both home games in particular count

Message to OP....its 3 games to go and its ours to WIN!!!

It reminded me of footballers who come on camera and say "its down to us" when they are in a relegation fight.

Sorry to be pedantic OP but let us use the language Paul Lambert would use. We are playing great.....no talk of losing ......how about looking forward to playing at Anfield, the Emirates......

Otbc

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Green shorts"]Just 2 more wins for us should be enough for the 2nd spot, Cardiff won''t win all three IMO, funny old game we go from being worried about Leeds then Forest then Reading and now Cardiff, al in the space of about 4 weeks!!!

Roll on Monday OTBC[/quote]5 weeks ago some people were touting Leicester and Burnley for auto. Its there for whoever wants to take it and Cardiff proved today that they don''t have the nerve.[/quote]I dont think you can say Cardiff have not got the nerve , they were unlucky against the league leaders , its still all to play for and one slip up now will probably be the end for either side .[/quote]I didn''t think they were unlucky. It was a hard fought game but Cardiff blew up after 70 minutes. There was very little possesion football just long punts to try and get Bellars and Boothroyd in. Once they had equalised QPR looked odds on to snatch it and very nearly did.

Ricardo, normally I agree with pretty much everything you put on here. And admittedly Cardiff went off the boil in last 15, however, if it wasn''t for Paddy Kenny (best keeper in this league atm) making that save in the dying minutes, then Cardiff would have certainly scored and won. I don''t think QPR ''looked odds on to snatch it'', if anything they decided to go backs against the wall and thump anything near their penalty area as far as possible.