Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

On the day that we play Pompey away

Will have to get to the pub earlier then. [IMG]http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/6.gif[/IMG]

I''m hoping before those games kick off that we will be four clear in 2nd, so we don''t have to win at Portsmouth. That would be amazing.

this "could" work in out favour, if the cardiff match finishes and they are either behind us or level, we will know that we don''t neccessarily have to go all out for a win. If on the other hand Cardiff have won and overtaken us, theres going be quite some pressure on us at Portsmouth!

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]What a pointless post[/quote]Correct.Why did you feel the need to make it?

More importantly, if results go our way, we could be promoted before that game. All it would take would be Cardiff losing/drawing to Preston and us winning on Monday to put real pressure on them going into that Middlesborough game.

I will be at Heathrow airport that day on my way back to work.We could get promoted and I won''t even know![:(]

If both results go as expected tomorrow there is every chance we will go into the Portsmouth game trailing Cardiff by 2 points , now that will be pressure.

[quote user="Ncfc"]If both results go as expected tomorrow there is every chance we will go into the Portsmouth game trailing Cardiff by 2 points , now that will be pressure.
[/quote]

I presume you mean 3 results, as Cardiff play Middlesbrough earlier on May 2nd. Admittedly, if we defeat Derby and Cardiff win both theirs then yes, there will be a lot of pressure on us, However, by then Portsmouth might have lost interest with the last couple of games and Lambert will certainly have the boys prepared. I''m sure we''ll be fine. But the Portsmouth game is the one I''m most nervous about.

[quote user="Ncfc"]If both results go as expected tomorrow[/quote]We fall foul of this every week- this is the Championship.Anything can happen tomorrow, and anything can happen next Monday. We just have to do our job by winning our games, and then hope Cardiff balls things up if we do too. We can''t really be thinking of getting promotion against/before the Pompey match.Also, take note of how many times second place has changed hands recently. When was the last time anyone held it for more than a fortnight? We can''t get ahead of ourselves here.

I think we have shown that we can hold our nerve.The Forest game could have been potentially troublesome, but we played with style and confidence. Same can be said about the Ipswich game, anything can happen in a local derby, and there wasn''t a hint of nerves there.Its in our own hands.

Derby held QPR to a frustrating 0-0 draw at Loftus Road earlier in the week...why do I get the impression everyone thinks we will beat them tomorrow?

[quote user="Largey"]Derby held QPR to a frustrating 0-0 draw at Loftus Road earlier in the week...why do I get the impression everyone thinks we will beat them tomorrow?[/quote]The main reason that happened is that Tarbaat was marked out of the game, and he is their only creative influence. If a similar job is done On Hoolahan then we have the creativity of Pacheco and / or the midfield power of Crofts / Lansbury. We aren''t just a one trick pony.

[quote user="Largey"]Derby held QPR to a frustrating 0-0 draw at Loftus Road earlier in the week...why do I get the impression everyone thinks we will beat them tomorrow?[/quote]

Because as we saw yesterday - as well as our match against QPR - and Derby''s game, if you keep Taarabt out of the match QPR have little to offer going forwards. Savage had a great game last week and the difference is we have different outlets now, not just one player. I''m not saying we will walk it, but surely you would consider us as teh favourites in the match?

Yes I would consider us favourites - but there''s no room for complacency especially at this time of the season, as this league is clearly unpredictable.

Derby have nothing to play for, which could make them dangerous as the pressure is off.

And don''t forget our recent ''last day of the season hoodoo''!

[quote user="Largey"]Yes I would consider us favourites - but there''s no room for complacency especially at this time of the season, as this league is clearly unpredictable. Derby have nothing to play for, which could make them dangerous as the pressure is off. And don''t forget our recent ''last day of the season hoodoo''![/quote]

That would make sense for Coventry however, this isn''t the last game. [;)]

I agree wholeheartedly concerning complacency, but as I said I doubt it will be a walkover. I certainly back us to win it, though. My only concern with tomorrow is our fans getting nervy if we are not winning within 20mins, and the lack of pressure on Derby from their own fans (at home the supporters haven''t exactly been getting behind the team) and so easier for them playing away. Thos two combined could be our undoing, hwoever, hopefully it won''t come to that.

Yes I meant for the Coventry game...but I think the general feeling on here is that we will win both home games quite comfortably. If football was played on paper, then yes we would, but it isn''t, and we have to do our jobs as fans to support the team throughout the 90 and excuse the team if it takes them 89 minutes to score.

Tough, very tough, but possible! Cardiff probably feel they deserve it this year after a near miss...let''s spoil their party this year!