Sign in to follow this  
festagingermon

Public appology

I think i owe this to simeon jackson, i was a doubter of his and had been on here earlier in the season saying we maybe should of sold him in january, shows what i know lol, he has been superb of late and i for one appologise for being so judgemental before he got a run of games, he has certainly proved me to be wrong!

I always felt that if SJ was given the right ball at the right time he would be lethal. Building a team takes time but the fact that he has been either sub or playing tells you that in training he must be sharp the only thing lacking was self confidence when it mattered. That little barrier is now over, onward and upward......

HRH

Ironically, Chris Martin''s ''injury'' may well prove to have been a blessing in disguise.  Had Martin not got injured, Jackson probably wouldn''t have got his chance or as much of a chance and would possibly not have found the form he has and we may well now have been sitting on a similar points total as Swansea & Reading instead of being in the driving seat on second.

Too right. Looks the perfect foil for Holt. Always thought he''d come good if given a good run and got a goal for his confidence. Glad he''s using both feet to finish too because that''s the one thing I thought he lacked. Ip5wich fans were getting their knickers in a right twist over how he terrorised their back 4

Wasn''t it bizarre how he stepped on to the pitch against Scunny looking like a different player. Bristling with confidence and likely to score (as he did 3 times) ... he''s not looked back since.

Whyever didn''t Jacko do it before I wonder?

In his early matches I just couldn''t fathom what he was; a striker who couldn''t score or a makeshift midfielder who ran around a lot but couldn''t really tackle nor find a pass. Why had Lambert spent Â£600k when many of us were not witnessing much of an end product?

Pie, humble and all that; let''s hope he continues because he''s looking pretty sharp right now!

I''ve always backed Jackson - anybody with an ounce of football knowledge could see that he has tremendous ability . His technique, pace & movement are exceptional - he was always going to come good. Too many fans expect "perfect" players, despite struggling to score his workrate was excellent and he was able to help create space for Holt & others, unfortunately this went unnoticed to the majority of supporters.

May have been Steve Claridge who said the other night (you know last Thursday when that small town down south were humiliated on their own pitch) that Jackson was more of a goal-poacher when at Gillingham. He''s obviously had to adapt his game and style to suit us...although thinking about it, his goals against Scunny, Watford and 1p5swich were more poacher like. Perhaps we''ve adapted for him?