Sign in to follow this  
macclesfield  canary

If/when we go up

sorry to dash your hopes of longy free but... http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2081672_shane_long_signs_new_reading_fc_contract

Sorry mate, but that means nothing. In fact, signing just a 1 year extension to 2012 (just 12 months left on his contract) merely protects Reading FC to ensure they receive a fee of some sort.

In fact, Reading will have a decision to make this summer if they don''t go up - either sell, sign another contract or don''t do either and risk losing him for nothing in 2012.

I don''t think option c is realistic as any team in the Championship could not afford to turn down £3/4m bid for someone they could lose in a matter of months.

Cheers RR, but it has already been pointed out.

If you don''t go up I''d also say goodbye to him, as there will be a number of teams bidding.

ye i no mate, if we dont go up he''ll def go for 4 mil plus, as in my opinion, as biased as it is, he''s the best striker outside the prem. i hope he goes to the prem with or without us cos he deserves it. hes worked hard for years and got motm vs uruguay, who hav cavani and frolan playing...

anywy gd luk for last three games hope we can both b in the prem... def u over those welsh twats

i think there are a number of decent young strikers who we could go in for i personally think dj campbell has looked sharp all season and has scored some decent and some vital goals for blackpool and he is quite a physical lad.shane long is an awsome player who i think we could defo atract if we went upto the prem,how about pacheo could we get him on loan again? or maybe sturridge on loan who would be an awsome signing for us!

[quote user="Hutcherby46"]i think there are a number of decent young strikers who we could go in for i personally think dj campbell has looked sharp all season and has scored some decent and some vital goals for blackpool and he is quite a physical lad.shane long is an awsome player who i think we could defo atract if we went upto the prem,how about pacheo could we get him on loan again? or maybe sturridge on loan who would be an awsome signing for us!
[/quote]

As in the guy who will be fighting for a starting position in Chelsea''s line-up come next season?

RR, cheers. I would wish you good luck, however, I would really like to get a chance of seeing Long in a City shirt. [;)]

If Wolves go down then Elokobi is a great shout.

Lambert will probably make one ''marquee'' signing upfront and then 5 or 6 good hard-working championship players..would be my guess.