Sign in to follow this  
macclesfield  canary

If/when we go up

Jay Bothroyd was capped by England in a recent international.IIRC, this is  the same player who trampled one of our players (Hucks?) at CR in the Prem season, ''05/06 and was very lucky to stay on the pitch.Agree, the goal showed great technique, but he''ll be out of the usual NCFC price range!

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Shane Long and Borini.

And then another ''big'' guy. Maybe Danny Graham.

[/quote]

haha how much would that cost?

Shane Long and Jay Bothroyd are out of contract at the end of the season. Could see us getting Long but think Bothroyd would go to an established Premier League team.

But lets just concentrate on these last three games first [:)]

[quote user="Ben "][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Shane Long and Borini.

[/quote]

Shane Long and Jay Bothroyd are out of contract at the end of the season. Could see us getting Long but think Bothroyd would go to an established Premier League team.

[/quote]

Well both Long and Borini are out of contract, so just a signing on fee. So we''d only be buying Graham.[;)]

How would you say he''d cost £3m? Not that much is it.

[quote user="BN27 Canary"]Jay Bothroyd was capped by England in a recent international.IIRC, this is� the same player who trampled one of our players (Hucks?) at CR in the Prem season, ''05/06 and was very lucky to stay on the pitch.Agree, the goal showed great technique, but he''ll be out of the usual NCFC price range![/quote]

And didnt he get sent off for Blackburn for kicking Craig Fleming?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="Ben "][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Shane Long and Borini.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well both Long and Borini are out of contract, so just a signing on fee. So we''d only be buying Graham.[;)]

How would you say he''d cost £3m? Not that much is it.

[/quote]

Wasn''t awear Borini was out of contract but if so even better [:)] It''s not just the transfer fee though like you said the signing on fee, agent fee and would imagin all of those players would want quite luxurious contracts.

[quote user="Ben "][quote user="Legend Iwan"]Shane Long and Borini.

[/quote]

Wasn''t awear Borini was out of contract but if so even better [:)] It''s not just the transfer fee though like you said the signing on fee, agent fee and would imagin all of those players would want quite luxurious contracts.

[/quote]

Borini is indeed free. All three of those fit the ''Lambert'' transfer needs of young and hungry to prove themselves. Graham has worked his way up the league system, so a move to the Prem would prob be a dream come true. Long is also onlly 24, and certainly won''t be on a huge wage. I reckon they would comand an average promotion team wage.

Borini would probably cost that bit more in wages and signing on fee. But I doubt it would break the bank if we were in the Prem. If Swansea are contemplating getting him, I''m sure we could.

i''d like to see us get Danny Graham, If Reading dont go up maybe shane Long will get itchy feet?It might not be a popular choice but if Blackpool drop i''d make a play for D J Campbell. Scored for Birmingham and the pool in the top flight, misses a load of chances but with the right striker up their with him could well be an assett. I think Lambert could get the best out of him too.

Shane Long will leave Reading if they don''t go up. Otherwise he would of signed another contract, he clearly doesn''t want to be in this league for another season.

I hadn''t thought about DJ. Looking at his stats, he''s only really scored for Pool, but certainly has a decent return. How much do you reckon he''d cost, Jas? 

I''d also look at West Ham. I''m sure there would be a ''fire-sale'' going on if they get relegated.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Shane Long will leave Reading if they don''t go up. Otherwise he would of signed another contract, he clearly doesn''t want to be in this league for another season.

I hadn''t thought about DJ. Looking at his stats, he''s only really scored for Pool, but certainly has a decent return. How much do you reckon he''d cost, Jas? 

I''d also look at West Ham. I''m sure there would be a ''fire-sale'' going on if they get relegated.

[/quote]to be honest i think we could get Campbell for 750k-1 million mark... An unfancied team, relegated and a striker who has proven a few people wrong and might want another shot at the big time. Cant see a bigger club snapping him up and he might not fancy a wolves or West Ham or staying at Blackpool as promotion is never assured... he might not be prolific... but if he grabs say 5 goals a season those 5 goals could make the difference between relegation and staying up.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]to be honest i think we could get Campbell for 750k-1 million mark... An unfancied team, relegated and a striker who has proven a few people wrong and might want another shot at the big time. Cant see a bigger club snapping him up and he might not fancy a wolves or West Ham or staying at Blackpool as promotion is never assured... he might not be prolific... but if he grabs say 5 goals a season those 5 goals could make the difference between relegation and staying up.

[/quote] I think nid prefere a striker thats gonna score more than 5 goals i wonder what thhe chances of lambert looking to germany are????

[quote user="macclesfield canary"]

I think nid prefere a striker thats gonna score more than 5 goals [/quote]so would Chelsea!

Long, Berroni, Pacheco on a season long and I''d even hold onto McDonald to see if he could have an impact.

errm just to put it out there, shane long isnt out of contract at the end of the season

www.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/reading/9162436.stm

[quote user="Dani Peacock"]errm just to put it out there, shane long isnt out of contract at the end of the season

www.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/reading/9162436.stm[/quote]Ahh didnt realise this, however with a year left its likely that we would have a decent bid accepted. The summer of the last year of a players contract is always the last oppitunity for a club to make a half decent amount on a player, it might be a case of Reading wanting to cash in if Long makes it apparent he is willing to hang around.

Bit left-field and not a striker but a very lambert signing. What about jonathan greening? I believe he will be on a free in the summer, he is a leader, has been in and around the lower levels of the premier league and will have a bit to prove having not quite made it at fulham

[quote user="macclesfield canary"]No not c.m.s pleaseee id prefere someone whos at least a quality championship player[/quote]league 1 players AT NORWICH(previously).....R.Martin,Zak Whitbread,A.Crofts,G.holt(league 2)s.Jackson,D.Fox, just to name a few....they havnt done to bad for us have they[;)]

It dependant on the players attitude aswell as ability...CMS is a total pain in the A r s e for defenders and imho would score goals in our team.

Bennet is a league 1 player(atm) but again i think he would fit in very nicely here at C R[Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="macclesfield canary"]No not c.m.s pleaseee id prefere someone whos at least a quality championship player[/quote]league 1 players AT NORWICH(previously).....R.Martin,Zak Whitbread,A.Crofts,G.holt(league 2)s.Jackson,D.Fox, just to name a few....they havnt done to bad for us have they[;)]

It dependant on the players attitude aswell as ability...CMS is a total pain in the A r s e for defenders and imho would score goals in our team.

Bennet is a league 1 player(atm) but again i think he would fit in very nicely here at C R[Y]

[/quote] I understand what your saying but personnally id prefere someone from championship at least i think league1 to prem is u huge step up

[quote user="macclesfield canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote] I understand what your saying but personnally id prefere someone from championship at least i think league1 to prem is u huge step up[/quote]Yeah ity is a VERY big step, i just dont think we have the ££££s to go spend £4-£5mil + on the top 4-5 champ players(if there clubs let them go)

I think Lambert will again shop in the lower league and lower end on champ...saying that he hasnt bought in a bad 1 as yet[:)] in lambert i trust.

Absolutly amazing if we win our last 3 games we are in the prem...seems so distant from how i was feeling 18-20 months ago

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="macclesfield canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote] I understand what your saying but personnally id prefere someone from championship at least i think league1 to prem is u huge step up[/quote]Yeah ity is a VERY big step, i just dont think we have the ££££s to go spend £4-£5mil + on the top 4-5 champ players(if there clubs let them go)

I think Lambert will again shop in the lower league and lower end on champ...saying that he hasnt bought in a bad 1 as yet[:)] in lambert i trust.

Absolutly amazing if we win our last 3 games we are in the prem...seems so distant from how i was feeling 18-20 months ago

[/quote] Very true the mans a genius i certainly wouldnt moan at any player he bought. what do u think the chances of him looking to germany for a striker??

[quote user="macclesfield canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="macclesfield canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote] Very true the mans a genius i certainly wouldnt moan at any player he bought. what do u think the chances of him looking to germany for a striker??[/quote]Im sure he said he would only buy english based players(i may be wrong) if anyone can spot talent its that man and he knows the German league, also has a few contacts out there still[Y]  Defo exciting time to be a Naarich fan[:D] onwards and upwards..lookinf forward to cheering the lads on tomorrow and also lucky enough to get tickets for last game....could be a BIG 1 [;)]

My thoughts are that we definitely need:

- Another tall burly striker in case Holt is injured.

- A skilful striker to compete with Jackson (Pacheco season loan or McCail Smith)

- A right winger (Bennett if/when promoted)

- Solid defensive holding midfielder who can pass well.

- A young emerging centre back and an experienced centre back.

- A right back to compete with Russell Martin

Also we should try to loan Cody to a championship side for a good period next season, depending how he performs at the higher level we can either sell him or bring him back into contention.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]At the moment IF we go up!

IF we do it in the next couple of weeks then I''ll be happry to give my opinions on who to sign![/quote] no harm in having a bit of opptimism and also after qpr were the next most likely team to go up so i dont think its tempting fate to think about these things really