Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Mirror and People state QPR to fight 15 point deduction

I think the newspapers are trying to make up a story where there isn''t one. They aren''t suggesting that they have any inside information that there will be a big points deduction, just saying IF there is one it will lead to this and that - which we already know.

Headline is QPR''s Possible Appeal could cause playoff chaos.The keyword there is possible. Nothing is certain yet. Another example of a crap paper trying to make news instead of reporting news.

[quote user="Canarino"]I think the newspapers are trying to make up a story where there isn''t one. They aren''t suggesting that they have any inside information that there will be a big points deduction, just saying IF there is one it will lead to this and that - which we already know.[/quote]

The media have been very quiet on this so far, but it wouldn''t surprise me if certain clubs are now starting to make noises in their direction to enhance their own promotion prospects, just as it appears that Dave Jones of Cardiff recently has. While they had an automatic chance they were not bothered, but they must be getting seriously worried about only getting a play-off spot.

Talksport were also discussing this situation this morning and a guest journalist said that he thought there would be no deduction because Faurlin had played a very minor role in QPR''s promotion season......  LOL

You''re right on that paul moy, as it gets nearer to the finish line managers will be looking at how to up the ante - it''s worth a try, I guess. Dave Jones was positively vitriolic about QPR in his own monotonous way after the game yesterday - the result was all about raining on the QPR parade, not about how well his own team have done.

[quote user="Raymond Getard"]For everyone''s sake this should have been sorted months ago.[/quote]

Agreed.

It''s very poor on the fans/clubs involved to leave it so late.

Can''t help feeling that this is just another classic case of the FA waiting to see how many points QPR are ahead, then taking off just enough points to ensure that it does not have any bearing on anything. To do that they would of course have to wait until right near the end of the season! So in that way they can say ''yes, we did punish them'' but given that there are no official guidelines as to how many points to deduct in these situations, no one can take them to task for being too lenient/severe.

[quote user="paul moy"]

The media have been very quiet on this so far, but it wouldn''t surprise me if certain clubs are now starting to make noises in their direction to enhance their own promotion prospects, just as it appears that Dave Jones of Cardiff recently has. While they had an automatic chance they were not bothered, but they must be getting seriously worried about only getting a play-off spot.

Talksport were also discussing this situation this morning and a guest journalist said that he thought there would be no deduction because Faurlin had played a very minor role in QPR''s promotion season......  LOL

[/quote]

---

Paul, two reasons for that, I think. Firstly, QPR are not a Premier League club. They are off the radar. Secondly, there is a murkiness about the charges and what exactly provoked them so no-one seems to be able to say with any certainty what the outcome will be. There was a piece in The Guardian a couple of days ago that might as well not have been written, for all the light it shed on the situation.

As to Raymond''s point about this taking too long, obviously having a decision so close to the end of the season is potentially a nightmare. But the charges were only laid on March 9. To get the tribunal held less than two months later is actually quite quick.

This is the equivalent of a criminal trial in which the defendant has pleaded not guilty to seven serious charges and has to be given time to prepare their defence. Barristers have to be chosen and briefed. Documents have to be checked. Witnesses (presumably includiing ones in Argentina) interviewed. It all takes time, to avoid any claim of a mistrial.

I feel the punishment (if any) will be purely a financial one.......

Bernie Eccles Cake will pull out his cheque book, sign the amount required - and they''ll all disappear off on their well earned summer holiday and lounge on the beaches - dreaming about Premiership games against Manure, Chelski, Tottingharm Hotspuds and the Arse.....And giving those top-sides a good run out in their compact ickle stadium.....

Does anyone actually really think that QPR will be given a points deduction?

QPR aren''t gonna get any more points this season anyway - Colin will ensure they''ll blow up big style!!!!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

---

That depends entirely on which charges - if any - are proved. But if the charge relating to false documentation concerns something serious and is proved then a points deduction is distinctly possible.

QPR''s general defence (as opposed to any specific defence to particular charges) is that they are honest people caught up in a unique situation and tried honestly to put matters right as soon as possible. Deliberately providing false documentation would seriously damage that "honest people" defence.

Any points deduction will deny the Championship, can''t see it being less than 3.  Also can''t see QPR beating Hull and Watford, Leeds maybe.  An opportunity for City to win the title.

deduct them enough points so they can clinch promotion on the last day with a win, then its in the players hands. and enough so we can leap frog them to the title.

From my point of view is, if they have broken the same rules as any previous club they should have the same punishment .Yes the footballing authorities have a lot to answer by delaying the inquest surely this should have been sorted out weeks ago. But at the end of the day if they have broken the rules they should be punished with out bias, points deduction is the real deterent as fines to some clubs isnt due to the wealth of the owners .All we need to do is win our last  3 games and it isnt going to affect us OTBC

[quote user="Liam"]Can''t help feeling that this is just another classic case of the FA waiting to see how many points QPR are ahead, then taking off just enough points to ensure that it does not have any bearing on anything. To do that they would of course have to wait until right near the end of the season! So in that way they can say ''yes, we did punish them'' but given that there are no official guidelines as to how many points to deduct in these situations, no one can take them to task for being too lenient/severe.[/quote] the thing is, if they are found guilty they will have to give them a significant punishment as this will be setting the precedent in the football league so that any club in the future will face the same standard of punishment. if they get away with a fine and a slap on the wrist then it is open season for clubs to cheat in the future knowing they will get just the same.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Liam"]Can''t help feeling that this is just another classic case of the FA waiting to see how many points QPR are ahead, then taking off just enough points to ensure that it does not have any bearing on anything. To do that they would of course have to wait until right near the end of the season! So in that way they can say ''yes, we did punish them'' but given that there are no official guidelines as to how many points to deduct in these situations, no one can take them to task for being too lenient/severe.[/quote] the thing is, if they are found guilty they will have to give them a significant punishment as this will be setting the precedent in the football league so that any club in the future will face the same standard of punishment. if they get away with a fine and a slap on the wrist then it is open season for clubs to cheat in the future knowing they will get just the same.[/quote] I agree if they let one club get away with it then whats to stop every club doing the punishments should be set in stone so every club knows u break the rules then u get punished

Still think that their punishment (if any) will be a financial one......

Bernie''s probably already filling his expensive fountain pen to sign the cheque......

Wonder what the situation would have been like if QPR had won yesterday......Try wrestlin'' that trophy away from Colin an'' Bernie if you''d have dared.....

I dont think the will get deducted points but what ever the out come really does effect us massivly! If they do get points taken off them then we could win the league if they get a massive fine like west ham that could take a massive chunk out of their budget for players next season when we both could be fightin off relegation! I donth think qpr have a strong team most of them are old and past it and they will struggle more than us next season!

I do not want to win the Championship because of a points deduction. I am perfectly happy to go up as 2nd. QPR has been the top team in the division this year. I am happy to be 2nd to them just as long as we go up.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I hope they don''t get points deducted. They deserve a massive fine, but it would be so harsh if they were deducted points.[/quote]

Not sure on this one, I was all for points deduction when it first came to light but now things have changed, I''m not sure the FA will consider the QPR fans they never do Ask Luton but if its fine to deduct points from Luton and Hereford and the other team who''s name escapes me then If I were a QPR I would now be getting a bit on the nervous side,

This bit in these news papers could as already been pointed out could be a load of waffel but it could also be set to disrupt QPR and throw a spanner in the works un settle the players, we all know how good the media are like for digging up dirt just as England go into the World cup, see how well we did ? But if they do get a points deduction that will probably send shock waves through london and ending up with mass riots.     

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Disgusting if that does happen!

They have been the 2nd best side this year and deserve to go up with us![/quote]But the club tried to cheat the system, right? QPR have been accused of fraudulent behavior and if I understand you correctly, you''re saying "that''s okay, the team have played great football and all should be forgiven"?Hell no......Hit them and hit them hard.All NCFC must focus on is playing well enough to avoid the fallout and staying clear of the play-offs.Then we can sit back and watch from a distance the debacle that is the FA in action.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I feel the punishment (if any) will be purely a financial one.......

[/quote]If found guilty, then yes, I fully expect it will be a substantial points deduction.

[quote user="Never Blue"]If they were deducted points could it be that they start on a minus next season ?[/quote]If points are deducted it will be from this season.The only reason Luton started on minus points was that they had already been relegated.

2 papers well known for their bulls hit trying to fill pages!

If QPR go up with is almost certain it would be a joke to then take it away from them at this late stage.

Surely if the authorities were going to hit them hard with a big points deduction they''d of already done it!

I reakon the worst QPR will get is having their Championship title taken away from them together with a big fine!