Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Is this our best ever season?

If we finish the job off And win promotion I''m going to make a bold statement and say this has been the best season in the history of ncfc, even eclipse our uefa cup run, finishing third in the prem and winning the league in 2004. In my 20+ years of supporting Norwich I''ve never known anything like it. It''s been sensational stuff - full of drama, late winners galore and a record trouncing of Ipswich. I literally cannot get enough of city.

Yep...For drama yes.....in my 40+ years it''s unbelieveable....simply unbelieveable

[quote user="CDMullins"]Is it really better than coming 3rd in the premier League?[/quote]

TBH for drama it takes some beating but i doubt we will ever eclipse 3rd place in the Premier League in my life time.

Give Lambert the tools for the job if he gets us up and anything appears possible though.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Is it really better than coming 3rd in the premier League?[/quote]yes.because we were just promoted last year and the odds of us going on to do it again were slim, to say the least.because we''ve been pulling out last minute winners so often.  the level of excitement has been unmatched in prior years.because football, much more so than the early 90s, is driven by money....and we''re doing this while essentially on a shoestring.because we have a group of players that have a point to prove and dont know how to give up and show us that drive EVERY week.i''ve supported the club since 1979.  and today was the first time i''ve had tears of joy when jackson completed his hat-trick.its just too amazing.  this is a year to remember for decades to come.

For me, it wouldn''t quite be the best season ever, but still bloody good. 1992-93, 93-94, and 2003-04 are my three favourite seasons.

It depends how you want to define "best".Overall Achievement - It was ''92-''93, no argument. Even ''93-''94 must be considered 2nd best amongst the seasons where we finished 4th & 5th in the top league (err, ''89 & ''87). 1985''s milk Cup win must also be considered but we were relegated then.Against Expectation - Well, ''92-''93 we were favourites to be relegated, so that may too be the best season. I think that ''03-''04 AND, if we do go up, this season would be quite exceptional.

[quote user="nycanary"][quote user="CDMullins"]Is it really better than coming 3rd in the premier League?[/quote]yes.because we were just promoted last year and the odds of us going on to do it again were slim, to say the least.because we''ve been pulling out last minute winners so often.  the level of excitement has been unmatched in prior years.because football, much more so than the early 90s, is driven by money....and we''re doing this while essentially on a shoestring.because we have a group of players that have a point to prove and dont know how to give up and show us that drive EVERY week.i''ve supported the club since 1979.  and today was the first time i''ve had tears of joy when jackson completed his hat-trick.its just too amazing.  this is a year to remember for decades to come.[/quote]

Not sure I agree with any of that 92-93 Was the start of football becoming driven by money and im fairly sure we came 3rd, on a shoestring budget.

The season we finished 3rd in the Top Division we were favourites to be relegated, we qualified for Europe and in the same calender year beat Bayern Munich in their back garden!

Yes this this as been fantastic, but lets not forget were not over the line yet and even if we do finish 2nd. It wont be our best ever season, not in my opinion.

For me it has to rival both the 1990''s 3rd place Premiership finish and the 1958-59 FA Cup run for pretty-much totally unexpected drama.

Let''s hope we don''t fall in the final stretch this time.

OTBC