Sign in to follow this  
unique

Chicken counting....

Delia was adamant that she didn''t want to ''count chickens'', but it is almost impossible to contemplate anything other than a Norwich City win against Derby tomorrow afternoon.....

Norwich played Thursday night....Derby played in the considerable heat of Saturday afternoon....and frequently back-pedalling. The Norwich City players are playing with a supreme confidence, a high level of fitness, and a goal threat from a good number of players.

Norwich have undoubtedly the coolest, shrewdest,most tactically astute manager in the Championship, with a desire to win only matched by the players themselves. A coaching staff that are providing excellent support to the manager.

Everything stands in Norwich''s favour for a win tomorrow - this isn''t a case of over-confidence...just being realistic.It almost seems wrong to feel like this....but I guess we''ve only got Paul Lambert and the players to blame for this,,,,,,,,,,

You are right but there is a part of my heart that fears that this would only make the pain even greater!

one thing the players wont be is over confident or complacent. Lambert wont allow it.Derby wont roll over and Die like Ipswich did and its in Nigel Cloughs best interests to finish the season strongly if he still wants to be there next season so Derby will see us a feather in their caps.The fans mustn''t get on the players backs and heap pressure on them if it doesn''t go our way early on. I think we will win and what Cardiff do is what Cardiff do. we cant change their result so we should only worry about Derby and giving it our best shot.

I agree with Jas.  They did well at QPR last week and will try to do to us what they did to them - so we need to be patient and realise that just because we stuck five past Ipswich doesn''t mean we just have to turn up to win tomorrow.  We are, of course, more than capable of winning, we just need to approach it with the right attitude and respect.

To be honest if we can''t beat Derby convincingly perhaps we don''t deserve to go up.  We are supremely confident and with good reason.  QPR are looking shaky and not playing the best.  Derby capitulated against Burnley, Ward sent off.  Provided we get an early goal, we seem to be scoring 1st half nowadays this should be a stroll.  I''ll take an extra time winner, Derby will be wilting late on in the game.

"Provided we get an early goal..."

That is a big provided!

There has to be the fear that they will put 10 behind the ball and get a fluke of set piece with their first attack in the 92nd minute. How many times have we seen it?

I know I shouldn''t think this way ... you are right Pete!

We are right not to ''count our chickens''. Reading look to have a very

straight forward run in, our record is not good when expectations are

high - ref Preston, Doncaster & Palace!

Of course Norwich are red hot favourites for tomorrow but the team still has to produce the goods from 3pm till the final whistle to win. Its certainly not a case of turning up and we''ll win!

Remember ManU at home in 2005 when they Walked on the pitch expecting a stroll and came unstuck big time!

Look at this season and how many easy wins have we had? -

3 Scum Home and away, and Scunny at home!

This wasn''t just a stupid post in retrospect, we never seem to make things easy, only 4 matches have been strolls, ipswich x2, Bristol C away and Scunthorpe out of 22 victories. If it wasn''t for last 10 minutes scoring we would be 14th

You cannot count chickens unless Cardiff lose vs Middlesborough. We are 1 point clear and were 1 point down at 4.56 today. That''s the facts, we are favourites but we may have to beat Portsmouth which won''t be easy.