Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="zemas tendon"]I Nearly whipped my fleece blanket off my legs when we scored winning goal[/quote]

Only ''Nearly?'' - steady on old chap!

That sounds ever-so-much like my sex life with Mrs Mustard. In fact we have sex nearly every night; ''nearly'' on Monday, ''nearly'' on Tuesday, ''nearly'' on Wednesday...

(Old Bob Monkhouse gag).

[quote user="DAN-OTBC"]Fair play to the n&p today, they were singing and helping the atmosphere!

[/quote]

The N&P and the City Stand were superb today, they started chants and support when the Barclay had a rest - we should eb proud of all of the stands today, the support was epic! 

Another marvellous contribution from OP.

I always read your posts with great interest and admiration. Carry on like this with your well constructed prose and you will getting Ricardo''s pussy purring let alone the great man himself.

The South stand is pretty much happy clappy haven these days, so any noise would be a bonus. Surprised at the River End who seemed to be able to throw out a bit of support today. I suspect there were a few non regulars in there to ''disturb the peace''. Wonder if when N&P are taken over by the Yorkshire Building Society the happy clappies will refer to it as the Yorksire Stand, rather than by it''s proper name the River End. I think that some of the ''silence'''' was due to the knowledge that our season probably hung on this game.

Yep, every game in the grand scheme of things is important. The two points at Reading we dropped would now see us as good as up. But back then and with recent games there was the understanding that we could claw our way back as we did after Swansea. There is not the games to do that now. A draw today, with Cardiff winning could have seen Cardiff ahead of us by 4 points before the Pompey game. That probably explained some of the quieter periods. Absolute nerves and heart in the mouth tension. Had we come this far to stumble so close to the finishing line ? Kicking off at Pompey knowing that we had to win to have any hope of finishing 2nd, and draw to have any mathematically hope, was not where any of us wanted to be.

As it is it''s still in our hands. We could even clinch it at Pompey were Cardiff to lose at home to Boro''. My ideal scenario would be a draw for the taffs and a win for us so that we are as good as up and the confirmation of that promotion would be at Carrow Road on the last game. But then what do I know, I had us nailed on for 83 points (in Feb) ? Think we will have more.

Whilst there have been seasons that have seen us rise to new heights. First time in the top flight, first win at Wembley, first European venture - even beating the mighty Man Utd in the cup (with Best, Law and Charlton) this has to be possibly one of the most exciting, magically and far ken memorable season sI have witnessed since regularly clambering into the back of the River End in the 60''s (I did pay my 6d to be transfered into the South Stand and then onto the Barclay)

Just hope the old tickers lasts it out until we go up - automatically. I don''t think it will see out the playoffs, it''s on borrowed time as it is after today.

"since regularly clambering into the back of the River End in the 60''s (I did pay my 6d to be transfered into the South Stand and then onto the Barclay)"

City1st - I too was one of the clamberers into the River End, where I usually stayed having worked my way down towards the goal. Often got a good soaking, but Kevin Keelan was usually up for some banter, particularly when the conditions were bad.

ND

cheapskate !

what was wrong with giving the club 6d ?

some folk,

any wonder the club is nearly £20m in debt