Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Derby

Somebody is going to die from a heart attack at Carrow Road soon and the way things are going it could very well be Ricardo. As we strolled home from the match in a complete daze I could hear my son saying as if from inside a long tunnel, "How do they keep doing that"? There was no answer from Ricardo because he was still trying to work out how a rent in the spacetime continium had transfered him from a universe of darkness to one of sweetness and light.It seems a long time since Thursday and if you are anything like Ricardo you will have had little sleep with all sorts of score and points scenarios going through your mind. The big danger was overconfidence and it was there in spades today from both the crowd and the team. City kicked off into the sun and quickly won a corner as the 26k crowd bayed for an early nerve settler. It didn''t come and as the game settled down chances were by no means coming thick and fast. Jackson had a couple of efforts, one over and one well saved by the keeper. Derby made it plain that they were not there just to make up the numbers and it was soon obvious that it was going to be a hard old grind. There were a few very close offside calls which frustrated the fans and team alike and Mr Haines seemed happy to give every decision to the defence when it came to 50/50''s. Derby were restricted to long range efforts but City were hardly battering the door down at the other end. With a goaless half staring them in the face City won a throw level with the 18 yard line on the left. Holt cleverly found Tierney in space and his quick cross was met full square as Jackson outjumped his marker and put City in front. From here on it should be plain sailing we all thought.Derby came out full of running as the second period opened and although City almost made it two play quickly switched back and Davies outjumped everyone to guide the ball past Ruddy for the leveller. It was soon apparent that Whitbread was not 100% and as City tried to sub him Derby were bizzarely allowed to carry on and win a freekick in a dangerous position. It came to naught but angered the crowd. There was plenty of gamesmanship on show as Derby, orchestrated by Robbie Savage pulled out all the tricks. However City were quickly back in front when Jackson finished off a delightful move involving Holt and Surman by curling an 18 yarder over the Derby keeper.Back to plain sailing we all thought but again it was not to be because within 3 minutes Derby had levelled again when Bueno cracked a low 20 yarder into the bottom corner. It got a bit disjointed for a while, Lansbury came on for Fox and almost put City ahead with a cracking drive that the keeper did brilliantly to turn round the post. Substitue Edwards went close with a header as City pushed forward roared on by the crowd but time and again Derby broke things up as the clock ticked remorselessly down. It was end to end stuff with Derby sensing that they had a chance to nick it but nobody seemed able to make a clear chance. Bogey man Savage was finally booked and was subbed just before the end but milked the boo''s as he slowly strolled off. Five minutes added was signalled and the crowd roared for one last effort. The Derby keeper expertly clutched a cross from what seemed like the last effort but within seconds Jackson had a goalbound effort deflected for a corner. This was really OK Corral time now. Ricardo saw Lansburys corner fly across and Martin put it back in the mix but then the whole world seemed to errupt as the ball was bundled in. Jackson it was but Ricardo was doing a jig down the steps and trying to stuff his heart back down his throat and block his ears to the million decibel roar that nearly ruptured his eardrums. How do they do it? How do they do it? How do they do it?. Buggered if I know but I''m definitely getting blatthered tonight.I know its not logical but after all we''ve been through this season I don''t see how its possible that we will fail at the final hurdle. Its gonna be shear guts and will to win that will take the prize and we know thats something that we don''t lack. Snowy doesn''t seem worried at all so why should Ricardo?

''to the million decibel roar''

You''re not joking there Ricardo. I don''t think I''ve ever experienced it so loud at Carra Rud....A suitable finale to the similar OTBC!

You''ve just gotta love Lambert and this team. I''ve never known a Norwich side like it .....best I''ve witnessed

I''ve been reading this board for sometime and your match reports are always a highlight.

Today I am proud to say that I was there to experience every single moment that you have described and I couldn''t have summed it up any better myself.

Many very well earned Peronis for you tonight sir.

A great report, as always, Ricardo. How do they do it? I don''t know but the whole team seems to believe that they can do it. And it seems as if Snowy believes too . . .

Great as always Ricardo[Y]

That roar beat the one last season when we won 1:0 over Leeds, also loved the celbration from the team, just such a togetherness with all the players including the loanees....its just destiny this season that we got up...ya dont score 12 injury time goals for no reason[:D]

Now so looking forward to nxt monday on sky and then Cov at home...got my hotel booked for the night WHEN we win promotion that day i will be having a tipple or 10293829384839483930949[;)]

The roar was so loud I think because Derby and the ref had wound the crowd up so much, it was the most satisfying win in a long time.

I have to admit I flicked a few V signs at the away supporters (who had done nothing wrong) simply because Derby were so riling.

Cracking report as always Richardo, If I had a pound for every time i''ve said, ''there''s no injury time winner today chaps''and been proven wrong,  i''d have just enough for a pint at the St Giles house Hotel Norwich (nearly) bleedin rip off.....!Great last goal commentary from the radio Norfolk boys if you can find it too.

[quote user="Chrisr"]Cracking report as always Richardo, If I had a pound for every time i''ve said, ''there''s no injury time winner today chaps''and been proven wrong,  i''d have just enough for a pint at the St Giles house Hotel Norwich (nearly) bleedin rip off.....!Great last goal commentary from the radio Norfolk boys if you can find it too. [/quote]You should stroll down to the Workshop on Earlham Rd Chris. Peroni on tap £3.50 a pint. Italian amber nectar as smooth as kissing Sophia Lorens thighs.Ahh Heaven.

You''d hate it at the local Italian bar here in Sheff Ricardo - £5 a pint for Peroni at Nonna''s - rip-off and why we don''t drink there.  Sounds a bit like St Giles.

[quote user="shefcanary"]You''d hate it at the local Italian bar here in Sheff Ricardo - £5 a pint for Peroni at Nonna''s - rip-off and why we don''t drink there.  Sounds a bit like St Giles.[/quote]

A fiver!!!!! they''re avin a larf mate.The Workshop is a nice little bar just round the corner from mine. I will be sitting in there studying the league tables tomorrow lunchtime if anyone would like to buy me a celebratory pint.

It was Lansbury''s shot that led to the corner not Jackson.  Pedantic yes I know but you''ve got to love Lansbury''s passion after he got his regular booking thought we might score a winner, did leave it just a little late.  

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="shefcanary"]You''d hate it at the local Italian bar here in Sheff Ricardo - £5 a pint for Peroni at Nonna''s - rip-off and why we don''t drink there.  Sounds a bit like St Giles.
[/quote]

A fiver!!!!! they''re avin a larf mate.

The Workshop is a nice little bar just round the corner from mine. I will be sitting in there studying the league tables tomorrow lunchtime if anyone would like to buy me a celebratory pint.
[/quote]

I''d love to buy you one Ricardo. Don''t think I can make tomorrow though. Great report. Great day. Great club and great fans[Y]

You could still get a Pompey ticket you know. That double is still possible[Y]