Sign in to follow this  
newcastle uni canary

a message to all the fans that left before our last goal

[quote user="morty"][quote user="itstheruddyfuture"][quote user="morty"]I''m happy with my opinion that anyone who doesn''t feel the need to support their team over 90 minutes (and any time added om) is less than a proper supporter.[/quote]

And then you posted this rubbish. And I hadn''t had you down for being a student....[/quote]I guess football is more important to me than it is to you.I left early once, when we were 7-1 down t oColchester, and it was 85 minutes gone, I''m happy to justify that.[/quote]

Well I guess it must be and that it makes you the better fan. I''m glad you are happy.

Personally there is only one thing in my life that is more important than anything else and I wouldn''t make her walk back to the car when she is in agony or insist she injured herself worse in the crush.

Subject over for me unless of course you want to say something more stupid and insulting. However I''d be shocked to tell you the truth.

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"][quote user="morty"][quote user="itstheruddyfuture"][quote user="morty"]I''m happy with my opinion that anyone who doesn''t feel the need to support their team over 90 minutes (and any time added om) is less than a proper supporter.[/quote]

And then you posted this rubbish. And I hadn''t had you down for being a student....[/quote]I guess football is more important to me than it is to you.I left early once, when we were 7-1 down t oColchester, and it was 85 minutes gone, I''m happy to justify that.[/quote]

Well I guess it must be and that it makes you the better fan. I''m glad you are happy.

Personally there is only one thing in my life that is more important than anything else and I wouldn''t make her walk back to the car when she is in agony or insist she injured herself worse in the crush.

Subject over for me unless of course you want to say something more stupid and insulting. However I''d be shocked to tell you the truth.[/quote]Lol, way to get overly massively defensive.I post my own opinions and feelings, and if yours are different then thats up to you. But if you have some kind of reason to leave to leave other than just being a second class fan don''t expect me to be pyschic.

If worried about a ''crush'' then surely leaving 5 mins after the final whistle is more sensible than 5 mins before the human Tsunami which could consume you if you are frail? This argument is balderdash. (added benefit you don''t miss the most excitingt 5 mins of almost all games)

And I post my opinions, it''s a free board isn''t it or are we back into who is a better fan yet again.

No, I don''t expect you to be psychic but then I was responding to an all encompassing "if you left early then don''t come back" when you jumped in.

To be honest I didn''t expect you to be so "generic" in your holding forth.

I don''t owe anyone an explanation really but for you to come out with you''re a better fan than me because nothing is more important in your life than football struck me as stupid, selfish or plain antagonising - please don''t confirm that thats what you meant to be.

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]If worried about a ''crush'' then surely leaving 5 mins after the final whistle is more sensible than 5 mins before the human Tsunami which could consume you if you are frail? This argument is balderdash. (added benefit you don''t miss the most excitingt 5 mins of almost all games)[/quote]

I completely agree that your argument is balderdash.

On this occasion, you don''t know the full circumstances and I''ve said as much as I need to, tbh no-one is owed an explanation why we left early.

My argument is only with the concept that if you happen to be one of the people who left early today you are not welcome back.

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"][quote user="Suffolk exile"]If worried about a ''crush'' then surely leaving 5 mins after the final whistle is more sensible than 5 mins before the human Tsunami which could consume you if you are frail? This argument is balderdash. (added benefit you don''t miss the most excitingt 5 mins of almost all games)[/quote]

I completely agree that your argument is balderdash.

On this occasion, you don''t know the full circumstances and I''ve said as much as I need to, tbh no-one is owed an explanation why we left early.

My argument is only with the concept that if you happen to be one of the people who left early today you are not welcome back.[/quote]You know full well that about 99% of people who leave early do so just because they can''t be arsed to sit in traffic for a bit, or get on a crowded train.These are the people that I''m sure this thread is aimed at.[:)]

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]We had to leave early today, I won''t bother offering you an excuse Uni Boy because you''re not owed one. Hated having to leave early enough without a wally like you sticking your two pennyworth in. Cheers everyone else who was at the game, what a frustrating spectacle with that clown of a ref, when we heard the cheers as we were outside the stadium it was sheer joy and obviously poetic justice.[/quote]

Good post.

Uni Boy et al., will find that people leave their seats in the Jarrold Stand at 90 minutes and watch the rest of the game on the televisions on the concourse. Thus they can avoid the long wait to move down the steps and exit the stand.  

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="ryan1992"]Some people on here (Mustard and Humphrey for example) appear to be very deluded and think that missing 2 minutes from 27 games this season (how many Ive been to) is unthinkable.[/quote]Really?  And where, exactly, did I say that Ryan?  Who said I was referring to you?  Touchy![/quote]

Well, you were talking about everybody who leaves the game 1 minute early isn''t a real supporter, so why would I be an exception?

[/quote]But I didn''t say anything of the sort!  Jesus wept...