Sign in to follow this  

Agreed, good save but I think the guy was flagged offside? Although Ruddy wasn''t to know.

After their second goal, the horrible moaner who sits in front of us started shouting abuse right at Ruddy, telling him that he was crap and should be replaced, so we took him on and pointed out that Ruddy has been fantastic for us. He looked at us in amazement, like he couldn''t believe anyone would think Ruddy is a first-class keeper. I don''t understand how anyone could criticise Ruddy''s performances, he is a brilliant keeper and we are very lucky to have him.

I should add that the horrible moaner shouts abuse at the team all the time, unless they are actually kicking the ball forward. He thinks any other type of passing play is "messing about". I can''t see how he enjoys anything about any game he attends. Perhaps he really wants to shout at his wife and he can''t.

[quote user="Clint"]Agreed, good save but I think the guy was flagged offside? Although Ruddy wasn''t to know.[/quote]Didn''t see the offside, but great save nevertheless! Thought he had another really good game!

[quote user="Back after the break"]Derby''s second was down to some slack defending. Definitely not Ruddy''s fault - powerful shot from the edge of the box, bottom corner - keeper no chance.[/quote]

While i agree it was not Ruddy''s fault, i''m not sure where you were sitting, because it was by no means a powerful shot, i believe Ruddy saw it late and could not get across quick enough.

The goalscorer was surrounded by Canary defenders who did not close him down quick enough. Hard well placed shot came thro a ruck of players and Ruddy saw it late.

Not seen anyone mention it but I thought his distribution was 1st class today, in particular a chipped pass to Russell Martin in the 1st half that set us away down the right. Makes a pleasant change to have a keeper who is so comfortable with the ball at his feet, and very important to the way we play.

His opposite number also made a world class save from an Edwards header in the second half - convinced me it wasn''t going to be our day...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]It was the least Ruddy could do; he must have got his angles wrong to allow Derby''s second goal past him![/quote]

---

Not sure about the second goal but positionally he was all at sea for the first. He doesn''t get himself in the right position initially (he is too far to his left) and ends up moving towards his left-hand post as the header loops lazily towards the right-hand corner. Whether he could have saved the header is another matter but he gave himself no chance at all.

He is a decent shot-stopper (although not as good as Forster or Green or Andy Marshall) but positionally poor.