Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Did anyone bet on City from the start?

Was just curious to see if anyone placed a bet on City getting promoted this season at the start of the season?

Not saying we are up or anything like that just wondered if anyone was confident (or mad) enough to put some money on us at the start of the season? and see if anyone might be in line for some money if we do go up?

Can anyone remember what our odds were at the start?

Smugly, yes, I did. Corals offered me 9/4 on City finishing in top 6, 13/2 on finishing top 3, and 10/1 on finishing as top scorers, so I put some on all three.

In mitigation, I seriously thought that Top 3 was a very long shot. But I had this nagging feeling that, despite many other Nowich fans not seeing it, Lambert really is the new Martin O''Neill, and maybe even better.

I did! After winning money from Norwich winning league one, I decided in invest in them again.

I placed a double on Norwich to finish top 6 and for Southampton to win league one at odds of 10/1. I backed that up with Norwich promotion at 5/1. Looks like I''ve missed out on the double otherwise I would''ve bagged myself a nice half grand!

I made quite a few pennies last season from backing Norwich to win when we went one goal down on more than one occasion. I don''t know why I didn''t do the same this season though. Bit silly of me ain''t it?

yep - corals were offering 14/1, promoted

have to admit I also did a double with us going up and the paupers going down

seeing the state of both clubs the odds certainly made it worth a punt

lower odds and I would not have bet, however confident I was

Yes I put £10 on us to go up with Bet365, cant remember the odds but I win £40 or £50 if we do. Last year was better, I put £20 on us winning league 1 and £20 on us just going up and got £230 back. I''m not usually a betting man these are the only bets I''ve done in several years but I''ve had a good feeling this team was capable

Well, 1st Wiz has predicted a top 2 finish since the start of the season, I do hope he is right for once and if true, I will be the first to congratulate him and send him a beer.

Yep, i bet my Wife that we would go up this year and if we do she owes me big time [;)][:D],christ i hope we do it!!! Oh, also had a £20 on us to go up at 12/1,so i might just have a big smile on my face come the end of the season.

[quote user="Ben "]I always bet against Norwich. That way it''s a win win situation [:D][/quote]I don''t go that far, but you can guarantee that if I had money on us getting promoted then we''d be playing Championship football next season...In all honesty, the odds would have had to have been very long for me to have been tempted last summer. I thought we''d have done very well to sneak into the play offs, and I was one of those who questioned whether back to back promotions would even have been desirable (better to consolidate the team''s development blah blah blah). I''m glad to admit that I underestimated both the strength of the team and, most importantly, PL''s ability to continually transform the team into really high-achievers and bring in new faces without disrupting the harmony (indeed he''s done the opposite, it seems). Even if it all goes t1ts up in the next few weeks, or even if we get promoted and then struggle next season, I now know that PL and the entire squad deserve massive praise for the way they have transformed the club over the past two seasons, and I hope we can continue to build on that. Went a bit off topic there, but never mind...