Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Watford Could Hold The Key

Watford are an unpredictable side with goals in them. They play on a poor surface that inhibits sides who like to pass the ball.

QPR are having a nervous breakdown - led by their bi-polar manager - and showed on Easter Monday just how tense they are by not only letting Hull back in the game but also celebrating a Championship - not a promotion - a Championship that was not theirs.

On top of all that they have no way of knowing what the FA will decide and therefore cannot know whether their celebrations and aspirations are going to be all in vain.

They have the pressure of being heavily financed so carry an additional burden Norwich simply do not have.

If Watford beat QPR, irrespective of what Cardiff do psychologically PL can get his players to look forwards and not back; that is to say they can go into the Portsmouth game with the carrot dangling that if they win then the last game will see them in a race for the Championship itself which will reward their manager with ''Manager of the Season'' and for a side that runs through brick walls for him I suggest this would really fire the players up.

So, Malky and his Watford side hold the key for me. I hope the Hornets can beat the Hoops so we can call them the W-hoops! The pressure in the Leeds came would be immense for QPR and there is nothing more an out of the play-offs and bitter Leeds team and fanbase would like than to have a major say in what happens to a Warnock team.

QPR are 5 points ahead of us with superior goal difference so basically we need them to lose both games and us win both.  We can hope and I am confident of winning our two remaining games but I''m finding it very hard to see QPR not getting at least a point.

Nice to be looking up though instead of looking down worryingly at Cardiff.

The only way we can catch QPR is to win both of our games and we would be promoted anyway!!Winning the title isnt important to me just to get to the promised land would be a massive achievement. At least if we finished in 2nd place we wouldn''t have to worry or be involved in the possible QPR point deduction saga.

"At least if we finished in 2nd place we wouldn''t have to worry or be involved in the possible QPR point deduction saga."

So if we finished in 2nd place and QPR then were deducted 10 points we would remain in 2nd place ?

[quote user="City1st"]"At least if we finished in 2nd place we wouldn''t have to worry or be involved in the possible QPR point deduction saga."

So if we finished in 2nd place and QPR then were deducted 10 points we would remain in 2nd place ?[/quote]well obviously the Welsh FA would award Cardiff the points they dropped against qpr making them champions instead of us.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Watford are an unpredictable side with goals in them. They play on a poor surface that inhibits sides who like to pass the ball.

QPR are having a nervous breakdown - led by their bi-polar manager - and showed on Easter Monday just how tense they are by not only letting Hull back in the game but also celebrating a Championship - not a promotion - a Championship that was not theirs.

On top of all that they have no way of knowing what the FA will decide and therefore cannot know whether their celebrations and aspirations are going to be all in vain.

They have the pressure of being heavily financed so carry an additional burden Norwich simply do not have.

If Watford beat QPR, irrespective of what Cardiff do psychologically PL can get his players to look forwards and not back; that is to say they can go into the Portsmouth game with the carrot dangling that if they win then the last game will see them in a race for the Championship itself which will reward their manager with ''Manager of the Season'' and for a side that runs through brick walls for him I suggest this would really fire the players up.

So, Malky and his Watford side hold the key for me. I hope the Hornets can beat the Hoops so we can call them the W-hoops! The pressure in the Leeds came would be immense for QPR and there is nothing more an out of the play-offs and bitter Leeds team and fanbase would like than to have a major say in what happens to a Warnock team.[/quote]

Nice one Rude Old - Reckon you''re right, and I have this funny feeling that QPR are going to implode in the last 2 games, let''s face it they''re already cracking - that''s plain for everyone to see. The stage is set for Big Malk to do us a favour on as you say a poor surface.... Weekend can''t come fast enough for me!.