Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Forthcoming Results That Could Help Our Cause

Above all else, of course, we know we want Burnley highly motivated in their final game at home to Cardiff. This means Burnley will, at the very least, have to keep pace with Forest on Saturday. Burnley will need to get something at Leeds while hoping that Forest drops points at home to Scunthorpe ( highly unlikely ). This coming Saturday I will be rooting for Crystal Palace to lose by a few at Hull and Sheffied United to win by a few at home to Barnsley. This keeps alive the possibility that Crystal Palace could face relegation when they play their last match at home against Forest and will be playing to avoid that fate. If this scenario should play out the tension at Turf Moor in the final game will be highly charged.

P.S: Of course, we all know that if results close the deal for us on Monday all of the above is redundant. Additionally, If QPR slips up at Watford along with a Norwich win at Portsmouth I expect Ricardo will be a little wiser ( despite his age ) before he makes premature statements in the future about a front runner being home and hosed. There is no such thing in football ( and particularly in this division ) until the fat lady sings. 

Think there''s more chance of Watford beating QPR than Boro beating Cardiff but you never know with Boro. Definitely want Burnley to beat Leeds - that is a big one. Obviously as long as we win it won''t matter, but if they beat Leeds at the weekend it will be a great bonus for the last day certainly. Let''s hope the coming week or so goes how last week did where near enough all results went our way!

I really think it''s possible Boro will nick a win against the sheep lovers - it then won''t matter what Burnley do against them as we will be promoted at Fratton Park!!

QPR are home and hosed and have been all season. Come on you Orns and Loiners.

I can''t see Boro winning at Cardiff, I can see them nicking a point though and at the end of the day that might just be enough.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Above all else, of course, we know we want Burnley highly motivated in their final game at home to Cardiff. This means Burnley will, at the very least, have to keep pace with Forest on Saturday. Burnley will need to get something at Leeds while hoping that Forest drops points at home to Scunthorpe ( highly unlikely ). This coming Saturday I will be rooting for Crystal Palace to lose by a few at Hull and Sheffied United to win by a few at home to Barnsley. This keeps alive the possibility that Crystal Palace could face relegation when they play their last match at home against Forest and will be playing to avoid that fate. If this scenario should play out the tension at Turf Moor in the final game will be highly charged.

P.S: Of course, we all know that if results close the deal for us on Monday all of the above is redundant. Additionally, If QPR slips up at Watford along with a Norwich win at Portsmouth I expect Ricardo will be a little wiser ( despite his age ) before he makes premature statements in the future about a front runner being home and hosed. There is no such thing in football ( and particularly in this division ) until the fat lady sings. 

[/quote]Not really Yankee, QPR might have come back to the field but for all intents and purposes they are promoted. They will finish first or second. A 13 goal turnaround in Cardiffs favour is not going to happen.Its Cardiff we have to stay in front of.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Let me give you a little bump, Yankee.[/quote]

Thank you Rudolph. There are many occasions recently where I felt I should have done the same for you. It''s so difficult to get a nibble sometimes. Either we have lost our touch or should possibly take up fishing.

From the front page:

---------

''The Canaries could now technically still overhaul Rangers for the title if the leaders were to lose their last two games against Middlesbrough and Burnley. And QPR could even miss out on automatic promotion if the FA choose to dock them points for their rule infringement.''

---------

They really need to get their facts right..... LOL

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Not really Yankee, QPR might have come back to the field but for all intents and purposes they are promoted. They will finish first or second. A 13 goal turnaround in Cardiffs favour is not going to happen.

Its Cardiff we have to stay in front of.
[/quote]

Ricardo, this sounds like an amendment on your part compared to your input to Smudger six weeks ago:

"No Smudge, they have been home and hosed for a long time.

Only a deduction can deprive them of the title."

Your original input may still turn out to be correct, however, it will only take the result of next game to go the way of Norwich coupled with a QPR loss and the title will hinge on the last game of the season. I say may because we should know the ruling on the charges against QPR at that point.