Sign in to follow this  
Mtv

Can anyone tell me this.....

I fully expect to get dogs abuse for what I am about to ask, from a ''section'' of the warriors that post on here here goes...

When I was travel down on the train to 1p5wich, after a great day in the City with a whole host of City fans, They singing and chanting carried on, on the train going down there, nothing it seemed could dampen the spirit of the boys and men who were in the same carriage as me.

Well that was untill some of them decided to do a ''conga'' down the train. Down one way they went singing and dancing and then on there way back they came through our carriage and onto the next one. However this one had ''the boys'' in it, you know the ones, they watch green street every prematch and shop oin sports direct. Never ever wear colours, Na thats way to much for ''the boys''.

That lot soon dampened the spirit. Why though? Who are they trying to intimidate? Who''s side are they on? Never saw any of them defending the father and son who stood up to the binners? Those two proudly wore their shirts (as do I?)

It seems very strange to me that a group (a very small group) of people think in a very strange way that they are the only supporters that count, when thousands upon thousand of City supporters proudly wear their clubs shirts and travel all over the country to support their team at a huge finacial cost to themselves only to get sneared upon by a bunch of people who firmly live in the 1970''s without the fear of the violence that was prevelent then.

What is that all about?

[quote user="merson_dim"]a grown man in a replica shirt is embarrassing in fairness.[/quote]So is someone who tries to be ''ard from behind the safety of his keyboard........ [8-)]Twunt.....

"a grown man in a replica shirt is embarrassing in fairness"

So is a grown man supposed to wear a ''fila'' top and a burberry cap?

I wasnt so much making a statement as asking the question!

[quote user="merson_dim"]a grown man in a replica shirt is embarrassing in fairness.[/quote]Why? If they look good, and are comfy, and show your support, I don''t see any down side in wearing one?

[quote user="merson_dim"]a grown man in a replica shirt is embarrassing in fairness.[/quote]

I am one of those grown men, and to be quite honest i don''t give a rats ar*e whether you think it is embrassing or not, that is your problem not mine, i wear my colours with pride. Next you will be telling me i should not be singing either.

Just because you don''t wear the replica shirt, doesn''t mean you''re a hooligan intent on causing trouble.....

"Someone sneered at you! Really! I wonder why?"

Instead of trying to be a smartarse, why dont you tell me why?

No ''big slob'' I didnt mean to say that, it was just this group of ''people'' who just wanted to give the impression that they are the ''chosen ones'' and everyone else are occks!

[quote user="yellowarmy"][quote user="merson_dim"]a grown man in a replica shirt is embarrassing in fairness.[/quote]

I am one of those grown men, and to be quite honest i don''t give a rats ar*e whether you think it is embrassing or not, that is your problem not mine, i wear my colours with pride. Next you will be telling me i should not be singing either.[/quote]That goes for me as well, I''m 48 and always wear my shirt to a match, if you don''t like it tough.

Always one whinging (unt not seen no posts for a while mtv. At least u finally found somthing to moan about. So in all of this what did "the boys" do to you??? F.A so keep your nose out and let people enjoy it in there own way and from what I saw/read it wasn''t our set of "BOYS" causing trouble u pedantic little pri(k.

No I think you will find he''s finally thought of something he can whinge about to over shadow the hard work of the team that night. If you can''t see that then fair enough, but shouldn''t you be getting ready for your brothers wedding next friday lol

It seems to me that some people like to respond by attacking rather than debating.

In answer these ''boys'' did nothing to me but did tell the lads who were singing to ''f off'' and told others who were walking through they were c***s.

So it was ''only verbal'' abuse but it was enough to worry some of the younger boys there.

And when you think that they were all on the ''same side'' I think it is a little bit sad.

Now as for the abuse from you, I have been on here because , in general its t wats like you that make me glad I dont come on here. AND the reason I posted this on here is just because T wats like you are on here and perhaps can answer the question I asked as it is to do with idiots just like you!

[quote user="macclesfield canary"]No I think you will find he''s finally thought of something he can whinge about to over shadow the hard work of the team that night. If you can''t see that then fair enough, but shouldn''t you be getting ready for your brothers wedding next friday lol[/quote]Like what you did there, so very very funny. [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/S11.gif[/IMG]

So you didn''t think to come on and post any possitives just the negatives then. So really I suppose the forums better off without you then maybe you could try the samaritans for your upsets in future then and pop back when u are in a more "positive" mood once they have helped you with your issues of depression. also if bullys pick on you, you should go tell the teacher or someone else who gives a FU(K

[quote user="mtv"]Was that a joke? hmm[/quote]Prince Harry/Prince William... Hilarious joke I must add.

To the OP, a scarfer will always be a scarfer and do all the things that scarfers love to do, it’s not wrong of course but it really isn’t for everyone.

I’ll freely admit I don’t wear colours, never have done as it’s really not my cup of tea but neither does it mean I have a strange desire to squeeze myself into a Fila tracksuit, perish the thought

As for doing the conga I suppose if you were doing your thing around a group of casuals you probably did come across as extremely irritating, its their day out to 1p5wich as well don’t forget

We all have our own ways of supporting the Yellas and some of our non-colour wearing types have been going home and away a very long time as well, the lack of face paint and wig doesn’t make them bad supporters.

Still lets not let such minor issues detract from a night that I will remember until the day I die.

is your problem against the people who sneered at you or just generally people (like myself) who don''t wear replica football shirts to matches? The fact that they sneered at you could have just been because they were nursing early hangovers, this doesn''t justify it but it could be why they were miserable), it doesn''t automatically make them some soccer direct shopping (I saw no one dressed like this) green street hooligan wannabe, even a grumpy old man would have sneered at you just because he''s a grumpy old man

I usually were clothes that will allow me to go out after the games and give me entry to places as well as avoid any possible trouble. I do have replica shirts, they are just used for my own football training, not match days.

Should probably add that I would never criticise anyone (grown man or not) for wearing city colours and replica shirts, in fact its great to look across at a sea of yellow, but that works both ways, you wear what you want, ill do the same, and together we''ll get behind the team

Bury, I agree with all of that, and fully understand what you are saying. Firstly I wasnt doing the conga (that would be worth youtubing ) It was some lads who were in the same carriage as me.

Ofcourse it is every fans day and every fans should be allowed to enjoy it how they want. But that was my point really, the ''Shirts'' were given abuse for doingjust that. And the younger fans felt intimidated by their own fans, and thats quite sad.

As for the football, well it was right up there with the one of the best footballing days of my life.

As for the other guy, you aint worth a decent reply mate!

Thorpe, sorry didnt see your reply before I posted last one...again, it wasnt me but more some lads in the same carriage as me.

But I agree in general with everything you have said other than these ''casuals'' werent hung over more showing distain for their fellow supporters.

Fair enough, I had an interesting one on the way back as it goes. 

Unsurprisingly I got split up from the lads I went to the game with as we were all very keen to ‘shake hands on derby day’ on the way back to the station and pretty much got the last train back.

Anyway there was some nimrod that although not wearing colours did have a pair of flip flops and white vest type garment on, nice, really really nice

Anyway this turkey decided to keep turning the lights off on the carriage next-door, funny once perhaps and I suppose it would have been funny to my five year old son a second time but on and on he went.

Amazingly nobody took him to task as I suspect we were all in far to good a mood to let such a berk spoil such an epic night out but as we pulled into Diss he decided to ask if I was Ipswich in disguise, no colours on you see.

In all honestly on any other night I would hapilly had a good go at him but given the enormity of the night what the hell, he still had sandals and a white vest on so it was off to find some food and beer in Diss

We are all Yellas but by god in some cases that really is the only common denominator

no worries mtv, in that case yeah im with you, wasnt sure originally if you were getting at people who didn''t wear colours but yeah ive got no time for people who behave like that to our own supporters, cant understand why anyone would have any reason to be miserable after a 5-1 thrashing of Ipswich but I guess you get these people everywhere.

Actually had a hangover myself on the train home but Im only disappointed the conga didn''t reach the carriage I was in, nothing was stopping me after that game! ... well, maybe the police and horses did a few times ;)

FAO macclesfield canary (i take it you are the same one featured in the paper the other day, if not there are at least two in your town!)

i was in the same carriage as MTV (i do not know him before you start chirping off that i am defending a friend). these lads were only enjoying themselves while being delayed on the train, conga - singing - whatever to pass the time. the boys in the next carriage are all known and are what you would call ''risk fans'' and are known to the old bill. there reaction to some guys who had a few beers and dancing in the aisles was over the top and MTV has the right to discuss on here without the likes of you claiming he is whinging.

i CANNOT believe where we are and after thursday norwich fans still bicker like this, do one thing for me both MTV and MAC Canary - look at the table and remember we are 2nd - is arguing really worth it??

OTBC