Sign in to follow this  
unique

I know we should only be looking forward, but.......

....is there a tiny part of anyone else out there who would love to see the EDP or the Pink''un interviewing a Croft, a Russell, a Clingan or a Bell, who all went off for ''bigger and better'' things, on their take on Norwich''s current position?

I would even like to read an interview with Roeder or Gunn to see what part they feel they played in the reincarnation of NCFC...........

Perhaps the Pinkun or EDP24 could run a competition for fans to guess what other word (apart from ''off) was used by the above when contacted for an interview about how well we are doing without them.

How did Lee Croft win player of the season anyway? Looking at the list of past winners in Monday''s match-day programme his name stuck out like a sore thumb.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]How did Lee Croft win player of the season anyway? Looking at the list of past winners in Monday''s match-day programme his name stuck out like a sore thumb.[/quote]I agree - he was absolutely terrible. Who else deserved it more, though? Lita was the only good player that year - and he was only on loan for about 14 games? Errrr, Drury? errrrr, god that team was bloody awful!

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]How did Lee Croft win player of the season anyway? Looking at the list of past winners in Monday''s match-day programme his name stuck out like a sore thumb.[/quote]Yeah, that was a shocker!I think I may have voted Clingan.

[quote user="Barnett is King"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]How did Lee Croft win player of the season anyway? Looking at the list of past winners in Monday''s match-day programme his name stuck out like a sore thumb.[/quote]I agree - he was absolutely terrible. Who else deserved it more, though? Lita was the only good player that year - and he was only on loan for about 14 games? Errrr, Drury? errrrr, god that team was bloody awful![/quote]Clingan, easily. He looked a very good player, and in no way deserved to be in a team that got relegated- just a shame that everyone else in the squad did.Croft had an advantage though in that he won about three Player of the Month awards whereas I think Clingam may have only won one, and some of the votes are carried over.[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Have to confess to a brief thought on Monday about how glad I was that Roeder signed Wes.[/quote]Even Hitler probably did something nice once upon a time. Maybe...

Hitler done a lot of good for the german market he stopped their inflation on basic products like milk and bread. Made the deutchmark worth more. But he got too greedy and wanted to take on the world.

[quote user="smiley"]Hitler done a lot of good for the german market he stopped their inflation on basic products like milk and bread. Made the deutchmark worth more. But he got too greedy and wanted to take on the world.[/quote]And he created the Volkswagon Beetle.A stroke of genius.

The (hyper) inflation in Germany happened over 10 years before Hitler came to power. I doubt he made the Deutchmark worth more either, as it was not introduced until 1948 when Hitler had been dead for a number of years.

Neither did he create the VW Beetle. That was done by Ferdinand Porche with ideas ''borrowed'' from Hans Ledwinka of the Czech car manufactorers Tatra.

However in his defence Hitler was one of Germanys best loved Elvis impersonators (a bit ahead of his time some have said).

[quote user="City1st"]The (hyper) inflation in Germany happened over 10 years before Hitler came to power. I doubt he made the Deutchmark worth more either, as it was not introduced until 1948 when Hitler had been dead for a number of years.

Neither did he create the VW Beetle. That was done by Ferdinand Porche with ideas ''borrowed'' from Hans Ledwinka of the Czech car manufactorers Tatra.

However in his defence Hitler was one of Germanys best loved Elvis impersonators (a bit ahead of his time some have said).[/quote]Oh dear........ [:|]  Did I really think Hitler sketched it on the back of a fag packet first? I can Google too when it''s worth bothering.

I said on another thread that I think the only really good player to sign for us after Worthy until we were relegated was Wes. I think you guys over rate Clingan a bit. He looks good on the ball but, like the rest of our midfield at that time, left our defence exposed and regularly lost his man. The Doc was probably the best that year. But he wouldn''t get near our team now.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I said on another thread that I think the only really good player to sign for us after Worthy until we were relegated was Wes. I think you guys over rate Clingan a bit. He looks good on the ball but, like the rest of our midfield at that time, left our defence exposed and regularly lost his man. The Doc was probably the best that year. But he wouldn''t get near our team now.

[/quote]Clingan spent far too much time scoffing cakes in Starbucks..... i used to meet my good lady in there for a coffee on lunch beaks and Clinkers would be in there all the time with his lady friend....

Great post. I''d love to see Lee Croft interviewed. He would bite his own arm off for a deal at Norwich now. We had the best of him (what little there was) and now he''s playing at a lower level.

I''ll never forget how he sat on the panel of the Open Day forum after our relegation as if he was too big for this club, constantly refusing to say whether he was signing a new deal or not. He bloody would now.