Sign in to follow this  
Wesbian

Portsmouth Away

Hello all,Just wondering if anyone who is going to the Pompey game is planning on watching the Cardiff vs Middlesbrough game in a pub in Portsmouth prior to our match? I know absolutely nothing about the geography of Portsmouth or Fratton Park myself, but is anyone from the Portsmouth area aware of anywhere we could go or where abouts the away pub is?

Would do but not able to but not able to get there till about 7 so might have to invest in a portable radio for the train!

hi from pompey canary anyone up a drink many pubs around ground nearest is the sheppards crook in goldsmith avenue 5 mins from away end also away fans are welcome also pubs in fratton road

wetherspoons etc if you fancy meeting the mad pompey fan john westwood he drinks in the newcombe arms of fratton road away fans are welcome

I hear The Good Companion is usually the away pub? Isn''t too far from the ground i don''t think! That''s where we''re heading anyway :) Just hope there''s quite a few canaries about the place :D

Cheers, pompey yellow

getting off at Fratton so looking for a nearby pub with the Cardiff game and is also away fan friendly/tolerant

Team FM will have two pussy wagons full of magnets and females made from unusual magnetic materials in Portsmouth on time to watch the Cardiff v Middlesborough match in a pub somewhere.Unsure of which pubs we will be visiting as yet though!

I reckon we should go for The Good Companion. It''s relatively close to the away end and i was told it''s usually the away pub anyway, which would mean that most local Canaries would probably head there too. I just don''t want to look crazy going nuts if there''s only a couple of us in there and Cardiff concede a goal...