Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Cody McDonald

With all respect I have asked Simeon Jackson to proove me wrong for the majority of the year.Now  I can say how much I love humble pie.Hats off Jacko, top notch. And I think he really finally actually has "found his level"  he doesnt look scared any more and was fantastic again for us.7 in 3.... congrats !

He needed a goal, yes, but he hung in there and has improved his all round game during the 6 months he has been on the bench. Full credit to the lad

He has always been quality, it is just that the majority of our fans were far too quick to stick the knife in.

Shame a few more can''t simply hold their hand up like you NEXUS and admit that they called it wrong.  Hats off to you mate!!!

I was so pleased to hear the d, d, d, d, de dah Simeon Jackson chant ring around Portman Road after the final whistle on Thursday evening and was loving it as the chants took off in the Snakepit yesterday.  It is such a shame that this kind of support was not offered to Simeon after he crashed in a few goals early in the season (including his brace at Bristol City).  Why has it taken so long for the corwd to get behind him???

[quote user="Smudger"]

He has always been quality, it is just that the majority of our fans were far too quick to stick the knife in.

Shame a few more can''t simply hold their hand up like you NEXUS and admit that they called it wrong.  Hats off to you mate!!!

I was so pleased to hear the d, d, d, d, de dah Simeon Jackson chant ring around Portman Road after the final whistle on Thursday evening and was loving it as the chants took off in the Snakepit yesterday.  It is such a shame that this kind of support was not offered to Simeon after he crashed in a few goals early in the season (including his brace at Bristol City).  Why has it taken so long for the corwd to get behind him???

[/quote]

How is Smudger?  You have been keeping your head down.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]How is Smudger?  You have been keeping your head down.

[/quote]Sounds awfully rude given he has a new girlfriend........

[:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Will we see the same turn around from your man McNamee ?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]How is Smudger?  You have been keeping your head down.

[/quote]Sounds awfully rude given he has a new girlfriend........

[:D]

[/quote]

lol ! [y]

Whoever this new girl is, she''s definitely good for him! He seems like such a nice chap now. I remember the days when he was the Cluck of this message board. Unfortunately, there''s precious little time left for Cluck, nor any women willing to take that job on!

Out of interest IF we were to finish 3rd, does anybody know if we get Cody back for the play-offs or would Gillingham keep him for their potential play-offs?I am not suggesting we would need him or use him as the current strikers are doing a fine job, just curious.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]
The Peterborough United chairman has said today that they''re interested in signing him. After the CMS shenanigans with him and motormouth Barry Fry I confidently expect that will be one signing that''ll never happen.......

[/quote]

Tell them the sale price, get them to make an offer, think about it for a bit and then ask for a lot more. Perhaps not, that wouldn''t be ethical would it?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

The Peterborough United chairman has said today that they''re interested in signing him. After the CMS shenanigans with him and motormouth Barry Fry I confidently expect that will be one signing that''ll never happen.......

[/quote]

Tell them the sale price, get them to make an offer, think about it for a bit and then ask for a lot more. Perhaps not, that wouldn''t be ethical would it?

[/quote]

Got to be worth £10.000.000 to them no £15.000.000 I changed my mind.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]With all respect I have asked Simeon Jackson to proove me wrong for the majority of the year.

Now  I can say how much I love humble pie.
Hats off Jacko, top notch. And I think he really finally actually has "found his level"  he doesnt look scared any more and was fantastic again for us.
7 in 3.... congrats !
[/quote]

Same here Nexus.  Jackson showed his quality in some games - Bristol City and Reading (A) being two that spring to mind - but not others.  Since hes had a decent run in the side he''s actually grown as a player and I will openly admit that whereas I was previously undecided I now think SJ is a great signing for us

Its not unlike a certain R Martin - hammered a lot of last season, in with a chance of winning the Barry Butler this.....

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

....and then say that we wouldnt sell even if they offered us 20m.....

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

....and then say that we wouldnt sell even if they offered us 20m.....

[/quote]

....and just as an extra thought - why dont we offer them Cody in exchange for CMS plus a couple of million cash (from them to us)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]With all respect I have asked Simeon Jackson to proove me wrong for the majority of the year.Now  I can say how much I love humble pie.Hats off Jacko, top notch. And I think he really finally actually has "found his level"  he doesnt look scared any more and was fantastic again for us.7 in 3.... congrats ![/quote]Simeon applied his traded at the same level as Cody is now! I think cody will cut it at championship level as Someon is!

I think that Cody will cut it in the Champ too. Hopefully we will be in the Prem, he will sign for a decent side and have a decent career in this league. I have always thought it is always better having a hungry player from the non league scene and watch them do well.