Sign in to follow this  
dhickl

Silly season is starting

I hate seeing Lambert''s name constantly linked with other clubs, but I suppose it comes with the territory, whilst we are successful as a club - our manager will be in high demand

Whilst Martin O''Neill is out of a job there is a nice "buffer zone" so to speak.

Lambert is the obvious choice to link to Everton, very similar to Moyes and picking up a good young manager from the lower leagues (for now) is also very Everton. Would seem a bit silly though to sack Moyes and then replace him with Lambert, a like for like with a manager who is less experienced (although might moan less about lack of funds).

Apparently yeah, My Source who works at the club tells me we are signing some injured Rubbish player because he was out shopping and saw someone in a suit so it must have been a footballer as only footballers wear suits!The bloke had long hair so he must Be Italian! My source wouldnt lie to me but i cant name him as he doesnt exist!

Nothing to silly about this link , Lambert is going to attract clubs like Everton and Villa, all the more reason we need to get promotion this season because if we are still in the Championship theres a very good chance Lambert wont be .

"It''s almost summer, and so time for all the rumours to start...

By simpletons like you

This kind of witless drivel is there all season

What it REALLY almost is .... is promotion for us.

Shame this forum gets some good reasoned threads on one of the most exciting times in the clubs history pushed down through twaddle such as op.

My Dad and I were discussing whether we could keep hold of him the other day and if so for how long.

I''m personally not sure whether we could in the face of an Everton or similar club, but my Dad reckons we could be Lambert''s project team, the one where he makes a name for himself, like Leics were for O''Neill (should have been us, nice one Chase) and thinks he could be here for several years.... thoughts?

[quote user="kick it off"]My Dad and I were discussing whether we could keep hold of him the other day and if so for how long. I''m personally not sure whether we could in the face of an Everton or similar club, but my Dad reckons we could be Lambert''s project team, the one where he makes a name for himself, like Leics were for O''Neill (should have been us, nice one Chase) and thinks he could be here for several years.... thoughts?[/quote]

Lambert would be a fool to turn down any large offers for him as soon as they come, something which he obviously knows looking at his progress from Wycobme to Norwich.

All it would take is one bad season with Norwich and his reputation would be destroyed, best to take on the big job when offered rather than missing out and regreting it for ever more. It could all backfire a la Walker at Everton, but he would get a healthy pay out and I''m sure another Championship team would take him on in no time.

[quote user="kick it off"]My Dad and I were discussing whether we could keep hold of him the other day and if so for how long.

I''m personally not sure whether we could in the face of an Everton or similar club, but my Dad reckons we could be Lambert''s project team, the one where he makes a name for himself, like Leics were for O''Neill (should have been us, nice one Chase) and thinks he could be here for several years.... thoughts?[/quote]I sort of agree with this. I think Lambert has found a club where he is settled and really enjoying his time. His is given a lot of responsibility over transfers and the squad, unlike a lot of premiership teams, and i think he thrives with this level of responsibility. I am extremely confident he will be here for a good few years yet, even if we are not promoted this season. I beleive his time with City will end if and once we have been in the prem for a couple of years and he has built up some premiership experience, then if we get relegated a big club may come calling, or they may come calling once Lambert establishes us as a prem side with a few years experience in the top flight.I don''t see Lambert leaving us untill he has had a chance with city in the premiership, even if he fails first go around i think he is the type of character who will have a season trying to get us straight back up and if that happens then another go at the top flight.however, if we start having money issues and can''t supply Lambert with the funds to compete competitively in the prem then he will be more willing to move to a top club.It seems almost certain that one day Lambert will be too big for the club and will have to move on to a top team. We must remember though he is still young with a young family, he won''t make any rash moves about moving jobs. Hopefully he will do a grant holt and move his family down south, which would give everyone some reassurance he will be here for a long time. I believe he wont do this though, not because he thinks he will leave the club, just because of the insecurities there are with any managers position in this day and age. He could get us promoted then we could come straight back down and you never know whether people will start calling for his head then and the board look to freshen up

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="kick it off"]My Dad and I were discussing whether we could keep hold of him the other day and if so for how long. I''m personally not sure whether we could in the face of an Everton or similar club, but my Dad reckons we could be Lambert''s project team, the one where he makes a name for himself, like Leics were for O''Neill (should have been us, nice one Chase) and thinks he could be here for several years.... thoughts?[/quote]

Lambert would be a fool to turn down any large offers for him as soon as they come, something which he obviously knows looking at his progress from Wycobme to Norwich.

All it would take is one bad season with Norwich and his reputation would be destroyed, best to take on the big job when offered rather than missing out and regreting it for ever more. It could all backfire a la Walker at Everton, but he would get a healthy pay out and I''m sure another Championship team would take him on in no time.

[/quote]he has already built a name for himself in every league bar the prem. I dont see him being a dead cert for any prem job offers just because of the huge risk taking in a manager with no premiership experience and not a great knwoledge of the prem transfer market

Everton is a bit of a poisoned chalice as Moyes has done so well there in general and unless some investment comes in they aren''t going to have the money to do well.  The history of the club is the only attraction that might turn Lambert''s head.

Villa are another proposition altogether though as they are under-achieveing and have some money to spend, especially if players like Young get sold for  few quid.  There is the potential to make the team in his own image - the question is, is Lambo enough of a name for Villa and their fans who probably don''t follow much football outside the Premier League and would view him - wrongly of course - as a backward step?

The sad truth is that sooner or later he is going to go, all we can do is hope to get the best out of him for as long as possible so he leaves us in a great position.  Hopefully he will view us as his project for many years to come as O''Neill did at Leicester as someone said above...

Its natural to be concerned that he might get poached particularly given the manner he arrived with us(!) but lets enjoy the season we''ve had and look forward to next year... 

[quote user="City1st"]"It''s almost summer, and so time for all the rumours to start... By simpletons like you[/quote]

Why does reporting a story regarding our manager make me a simpleton?  I would like to hear your reasoned arguement for that, or have you just decided to pick an insult to try and be a troll?

[quote user="City1st"]"Shame this forum gets some good reasoned threads on one of the most exciting times in the clubs history pushed down through twaddle such as op.[/quote]It is fantastic that we look at one of the best times in the club''s history.  However, if parts of the media are discussing the possibility of our manager leaving the next few months, why shouldn''t we discuss it on here?  The fact is, there have been a number of other responses and some valid points, so this indicates that not everyone thinks topic this is ''twaddle''.

While Moyes hasn''t left and so it is a moot point regarding the Everton job, it does highlight that this is the time people start talking about management changes and we have a big risk that we will lose Lambert - a point worth discussing.

In future, if you don''t like a topic, just skip over it rather than throw around a few insults that do not add to the discussion to try and get some attention.