Sign in to follow this  
NICK07

Buy Back tickets for the Coventry City match

I have sadly been unable to get a ticket for the Coventry City match, so I am going to try and get a buy back ticket from the ground on the day of the match. Has anyone who has got buy back tickets in the past have an idea please what time i will need to get to the ground for the buy back tickets? If i''m correct they will go on sale at 10.45am?

Nick.

[quote user="Gorn2Hell"]out come the glory hunters............[/quote]

This is a genuine request for some advice, it didn''t need any sarcastic comments thank you!!!

Nick,

Best ring the Ticket office 0844 8261902 and they will confirm when any ticket will be on sale at the box office on 7th.

a long time ago, before i had a season ticket, the ticket office opened at 9am on match days which meant getting there at 7am to join the queue and have any hope of getting a ticket.  once got there at 7.30 and didn''t manage to get a ticket which was a pain as i lived 35 miles away at the time!

as the guy above said, call and ask Ticket Office - if memory serves me it was changed to 2-3 hours before kick off

Best of luck on the buy back, I normally go when im back from Uni on my dads season ticket, but because I went to forrest it was his turn for Preston. So I gave buy back a shot, got there 30 minutes before the window opens and was 15th in the que. Then before the window opened a guy from the club came out to say they only had 10 tickets on buy back...  I was pretty gutted, epecially as i would have been in the que earlier if not for traffic! My advice is get there 2-3 hours before, you have to be at the front to garantee a ticket... and thats if any go back on sale!

Mate

I think you''ll be disappointed. I rang the club today trying to get a seat moved for Coventry - I was told there was no chance of moving seat and that every last ticket had gone.

Lately they''ve not opened the buy back windows unless they''ve had substantial tickets on sale.

They usually open 2 hours before kick off, but from what the club say, your only hope is finding someone who wants to sell privately.

Thanks all for the advice. Seems like the buy back will be a waste of time sadly. Guess I will just have to hope that i phone the ticket office at the right time when they have tickets to sell. Would love to find a ticket privately but sadly can''t advertise on here for tickets as the messages will just get deleted.

"Only limited buy-backs will be on sale on the day of the game two hours before kick off from the buy-back window in the Jarrold Stand", so I have a chance of getting a buy-back ticket for the Coventry match, but only a very small chance.

I wish you the best of luck NICK07.

I don''t wish to discourage you, but, in my opinion, the whole "buy back" scheme, whilst sounding great in practice, is a complete waste of time. A couple of seasons ago I couldn''t go to four games due to being on holiday. I offered my ticket up for sale each time and not once was it resold, despite suggestions on the Club website that at least one of those games was a "home sell out".

I suspect that the Club will not put tickets up for Buy Back unless all home tickets are sold out first, although I have no evidence to prove this. All I can say, based on past experience, I now do not bother the ring through my ticket up for resale and I know several other season ticket holders who have had similar experiences. That mat seem selfish, but until such time as the Club improves the current system, the take up of Buy Backs will remain very poor.

Yes GMF, I''m pretty sure they don''t put buy back into operation until all the seats are sold out. Stupid really, as when we don''t have a home sell out it''s usually because of dribs and drabs of restricted view tickets, which understandably someone might baulk at paying £30 for. Buy back returns will usually be decent seats so would definitely get snapped up if they were made available earlier. So a fan gets a good seat; the seat doesn''t go to waste; the STH gets some money back and the club get extra revenue. Don''t know why they run it the way they currently do.

Completely agree with earlier comment - I rang and put my tickets on buy back a few times but they were never resold.

I dont bother anymore - including Monday just gone when my two sons couldn''t go to the match. I tend to offer the tickets to friends although on occasions they do go unused. The other thing that used to cheese me off was that you were offered a small amount of the potential new sale (£10??) with the club keeping the bulk of the cash and you were only allowed to use it against a future season ticket sale meaning that your cash could sit in the NCFC bank account for months until you could use it. This seemed to me to be blatently one sided and unfair. I did write to the club about it but never had a reply. My point was that a buy back system needed to be more transparent and fairer and had it been they would have had two more fans in the ground on Monday with the extra revenue as well. Very short sided by the club but as the whole process preceeds McNally then maybe it should be suggested that the whole system be looked at again before the potential blockbuster matches next season

Hi mate,

I was the lucky 10th person in the que on Monday, i think i was speaking to you and your dad?

when we were taken to the inside ticket office by that chap, the 8th person in the que pulled out and two more tickets had been returned whilst i was buying a ticket! Kept thinking afterwards, if only i took your mobile number i could have rung you.

otbc

Send a twitter to the man himself, he''ll probably reply tbh.

I totally agree with what you''re saying too - plenty of lost potential here and at the end of the day the club misses out on revenue and you know McNally loves the revenue[;)]

I can understand the ST holders points of view, but looking at it from the clubs perspective

1)      They already have your money for your seat.  Therefore if there is an unsold ticket, they’ll sell that first.  Hotels often do the same thing with cancellation – if you cancel they’ll refund your money IF they re-let the room: but they wont re-let the room until all other rooms of that type are gone

2)      Sell-out issue.  Same thing applies.  They’ve sold your seat once already – to you – so the fact you cant go isn’t their problem.  They sell all available seats once so it’s a sell out.  OK it’s a bit of a marketing ploy and Im sure will get Cluck on another rant about Season Ticket Sheep being taken for a ride by the Club but strictly speaking its true

3)   Back to the OP – good luck with your hunt for tickets – if you get there early enough you should be OK.  I was away when the tickets   went on sale to Super Members and couldn’t call the club until the Wednesday – the only place I could get tickets for myself and Mrs BH (also a S/M) was in the Family enclosure – anywhere else was just odd tickets.  And that was still half a week before tickets were opened to ST holders and Members!

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

I can understand the ST holders points of view, but looking at it from the clubs perspective

1)      They already have your money for your seat.  Therefore if there is an unsold ticket, they’ll sell that first.  Hotels often do the same thing with cancellation – if you cancel they’ll refund your money IF they re-let the room: but they wont re-let the room until all other rooms of that type are gone

2)      Sell-out issue.  Same thing applies.  They’ve sold your seat once already – to you – so the fact you cant go isn’t their problem.  They sell all available seats once so it’s a sell out.  OK it’s a bit of a marketing ploy and Im sure will get Cluck on another rant about Season Ticket Sheep being taken for a ride by the Club but strictly speaking its true

3)   Back to the OP – good luck with your hunt for tickets – if you get there early enough you should be OK.  I was away when the tickets   went on sale to Super Members and couldn’t call the club until the Wednesday – the only place I could get tickets for myself and Mrs BH (also a S/M) was in the Family enclosure – anywhere else was just odd tickets.  And that was still half a week before tickets were opened to ST holders and Members!

[/quote]

That actually makes a lot of sense - some good points in there

Barclay Hero, I have no issues with the points you raise, all of which are perfectly logical.

Another poster mentioned that the current system has been around for a number of years however, there seems to be a common held view that it doesn''t function very well. It could clearly do with a change!

The lack of visability is clearly an issue and it would be interesting to know what the typical buy back rate is on a game by game basis? If you recall a few seasons back they used to announce the attendance figure for each game and then mentioned the actual percentage in attendance. Typically, this would be circa 90%.

As an aside, what irked me slightly at the time of my attempted resales, there was no feedback whatsoever from the Club regarding the sucess or otherwise of their attempts to resell my tickets. It''s all about customer service and perception and, as far as the Buy backs are concerned, this seems to be very poor. 

I think the buy back scheme stinks, but what''s the alternative, fans aren''t allowed to post on this forum requesting available tickets or even offering themand as you get a tiny amout giving them back to the club it''s like a closed shopI want 1 or 2 (adult & Child) coventry tickets and posted twice to that fact but the powers to be at the pink un deleted my posts and sent me an emailgiving reason unknown and when I replied to the email it was an unknown email address, so much for the pinkun helping fans etc of course it was alright for the pinkun to post when they had a couple of available beam back tickets, I think their is no law against selling on tickets for face value. 

Sounds a lot like the mysterious Amazon Black Friday deals where there were things at stupidly low prices, but only around 5-10 of each available and about 100,000 people online at once trying to buy them the second they were on sale. Completely unreasonable and a strange way of doing things that only infuriates 99.9% of the people who are interested

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]Sounds a lot like the mysterious Amazon Black Friday deals where there were things at stupidly low prices, but only around 5-10 of each available and about 100,000 people online at once trying to buy them the second they were on sale. Completely unreasonable and a strange way of doing things that only infuriates 99.9% of the people who are interested[/quote]I actually got one of Amazons black friday deals, a shaver which was reduced from £99 down to £32, they normally sell them anyway at £39.99 but bumped up the price to £99 just before black friday and then afterwards went down to £39.99 afterwards, so I only saved £8 but it was something I wanted anyway.but still a con

Sorry The Young Ones but there is indeed a law against reselling football tickets even at face value, and Archant would be liable to prosecution as this is, after all, their message board. I recommend you post your ticket request on somewhere like WotB which also gets a lot of City fan traffic as it won''t be deleted there.

Does anyone have an e-mail address for D. McNally. I think there are a lot of valid points which he should be aware of. I have to work weekends on call so there are some matches I cant get to meaning I could put three tickets on buy back if I trusted the system for some matches which would be of benefit to me and the club especially next season if we do go up. As already said the system pre-dates his arrival and it could just be that he would be up for an overhaul. Even if the tickets arn''t sold until the clubs allocation has sold out we are potentially going to have a lot more sell outs next year making a smoothly running scheme a priority.

If the promotion race isn''t sorted this monday I would have thought that Sky will screen both us and Cardiff on the last day. If not then am sure it will be on the usual internet sites, Not the same as being there, but it''s better than the radio!

[quote user="Accrington yellow"]Hi mate,

I was the lucky 10th person in the que on Monday, i think i was speaking to you and your dad?

when we were taken to the inside ticket office by that chap, the 8th person in the que pulled out and two more tickets had been returned whilst i was buying a ticket! Kept thinking afterwards, if only i took your mobile number i could have rung you.

otbc[/quote]Yeah that was me, man im even more gutted! I thought about following you guys to the door just in case... if only I had!