Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

If we don't win promotion.......

I know we should all be thinking positive right now but if we don''t get automatic promotion or win the play-offs I think Paul Lambert will be poached by a premiership club. News today that Everton are going to let Moyes go in the summer and if they can''t get Martin O''neil they will go after Paul Lambert. Don''t think there will be anything we can do to stop him going to a premiership club and their will be quite a few clubs after him. Everyone knows he is the best young manager around. Without him I think we''d still be in league 1 with Gunn still in charge. He''s hoping we win these next 2 matches because if we don''t Im pretty sure we''ll lose him

Everton will not let Moyes go, if they did I think we could swap with them and that wouldn''t be awful...the real concern is clubs like Aston Villa with progressive chairmen who might be prepared to take a chance on Lambert.I have a feeling he will be here for another year regardless of what happens.

Bit rambled because I''m tired, but I think if he left relatively soon, it would not not only be a massive shame for us but for him aswell. With respect to Everton, he would have to go there hoping that he got on with the board, staff, and players like he does here, enjoy the area, hope they back him like we do blah blah blah - and rebuild them all over again, It''s really hard I think for a manger to find a club they''re happy at these days so why change it if you are? I honestly feel it would be a step back for him to leave (if we went up that is), this club is on the UP. He''s a young manager with much time on his side, and I really feel he''s got the ability to make us a top 10 Premier side PLUS. Everythings in place for him here, and it would be great to see him grow alongside everything and everybody else here at NCFC. Call me a fantasist, but I believe if he were to stay here, and build the club as he''s doing, everything will fall into place with him acheiving pretty much everything that he wants to acheive. He know''s he''s got something good here with some very exciting years potentially ahead - and I certainly do not buy into the theory that he would have to leave here to acheive trophies etc, with the way he''s going, he''ll (continue) to get trophies HERE!. In short, I hope he becomes our ''Sir Alex Ferguson''... PL - Definitely my favourite manager in the 30 plus years I''ve supported my home city club, it woiuld be truly gutting to see him go.

Alex"]Bit rambled because I''m tired, but I think if he left relatively soon, it would not not only be a massive shame for us but for him aswell. With respect to Everton, he would have to go there hoping that he got on with the board, staff, and players like he does here, enjoy the area, hope they back him like we do blah blah blah - and rebuild them all over again, It''s really hard I think for a manger to find a club they''re happy at these days so why change it if you are? I honestly feel it would be a step back for him to leave (if we went up that is), this club is on the UP. He''s a young manager with much time on his side, and I really feel he''s got the ability to make us a top 10 Premier side PLUS. Everythings in place for him here, and it would be great to see him grow alongside everything and everybody else here at NCFC. Call me a fantasist, but I believe if he were to stay here, and build the club as he''s doing, everything will fall into place with him acheiving pretty much everything that he wants to acheive. He know''s he''s got something good here with some very exciting years potentially ahead - and I certainly do not buy into the theory that he would have to leave here to acheive trophies etc, with the way he''s going, he''ll (continue) to get trophies HERE!. In short, I hope he becomes our ''Sir Alex Ferguson''... PL - Definitely my favourite manager in the 30 plus years I''ve supported my home city club, it woiuld be truly gutting to see him go

Top post!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Alex"]Bit rambled because I''m tired, but I think if he left relatively soon, it would not not only be a massive shame for us but for him aswell. With respect to Everton, he would have to go there hoping that he got on with the board, staff, and players like he does here, enjoy the area, hope they back him like we do blah blah blah - and rebuild them all over again, It''s really hard I think for a manger to find a club they''re happy at these days so why change it if you are? I honestly feel it would be a step back for him to leave (if we went up that is), this club is on the UP. He''s a young manager with much time on his side, and I really feel he''s got the ability to make us a top 10 Premier side PLUS. Everythings in place for him here, and it would be great to see him grow alongside everything and everybody else here at NCFC. Call me a fantasist, but I believe if he were to stay here, and build the club as he''s doing, everything will fall into place with him acheiving pretty much everything that he wants to acheive. He know''s he''s got something good here with some very exciting years potentially ahead - and I certainly do not buy into the theory that he would have to leave here to acheive trophies etc, with the way he''s going, he''ll (continue) to get trophies HERE!. In short, I hope he becomes our ''Sir Alex Ferguson''... PL - Definitely my favourite manager in the 30 plus years I''ve supported my home city club, it woiuld be truly gutting to see him go

Top post![/quote]

Very kind of you to say so, Sir!. The only time to move on from a club are when things are going sideways or downwards - Not when the club''s on the UP! What''s the point in that?!. He can acheive ALOT here!. I truly hope PL shares the same perspective as myself and maybe a few of you other City diehards.

OTBC WITH PL.

I agree, think we''ve got at least another season out of him regardless.

It''s interesting that if it wasn''t for Lambert we''d still be in L1 with Gunn... We might still have been in L1 but I''m pretty sure that we got Lambert had any effect on the Gunn sacking!

Lambert wont go to everton1. I dont see Moyes leaving where will he go they say probably aston villa but yet they still need to decide on Houlier and his future2. there is a rason why Beckford and Distan have been their big buy players as they are dirt poor Lamberts got both a board and supporters who back him 100% and everton may be a bigger club but Moyes wants out as there''s no money at everton I don''t see any employed manager possibly replaceing him

[quote user="colneycanary"]I know we should all be thinking positive right now but if we don''t get automatic promotion or win the play-offs I think Paul Lambert will be poached by a premiership club. News today that Everton are going to let Moyes go in the summer and if they can''t get Martin O''neil they will go after Paul Lambert. Don''t think there will be anything we can do to stop him going to a premiership club and their will be quite a few clubs after him. Everyone knows he is the best young manager around. Without him I think we''d still be in league 1 with Gunn still in charge. He''s hoping we win these next 2 matches because if we don''t Im pretty sure we''ll lose him[/quote]

Do you really have nothing else to do, other than worry?I don''t understand pessimism. It is the biggest waist of time and energy.Hey..here''s a couple of thoughts......What if we win promotion? What if we find a sound investor who is willing to look at the club and say, "sure, I''ll buy into that"? What if Lambert turns down approaches from other clubs because he recognizes that there''s still work to do and skills to hone while at Norwich City FC? What if he''s actually committed his future to the club?....Wow.......what a idea, a stable, healthy, growing Norwich City FC!!

Got to agree. Whatever happens will happen and we can only show support for PL while he''s here. My only concern is promotion right now with PL firmly in charge and these boys in place until that last minute of that last game against Cov. Let''s just go with the positive feeling and keep singing our hearts out for them and hope we can help them over the line and into clouds! Let the papers talk about whoever they want - that''s their job and PL deserves the attention as do all our players. But so do we and every canary supporter that makes this club so amazing - we''re no bloody Colchester that''s for sure!

It will be managers like Brendan Rogers and maybe Dave Jones that will be tempted away.

Norwich are a club all set for a massive future. PL will not want to walk away from that, regardless of how this season finishes.

He is more likely to leave if we go up and then crash and burn..It will be the old ''I''ve take the club as far as I can'' line.... but who could deny him success elsewhere after what he has done for NCFC.He has been our best player from day one.

Paul Cluckbert "]He is more likely to leave if we go up and then crash and burn..It will be the old ''I''ve take the club as far as I can'' line.... but who could deny him success elsewhere after what he has done for NCFC.He has been our best player from day one

Good god!

How refreshing to read a sensible good post from the king of c rap ridiculous posts Cluckbert!

Lambert can improve his reputation further by either establishing Norwich in the Premiership or by mounting another serious promotion attempt next season!

Yes I''m sure if the right job came up, eventually Lambert will jump ship and leave but this is still early days for him at Norwich.

As we saw with John Bond in the early 80''s, Lambert could go to a bigger club, mess up and end up at a club much lower down the pyramid than ourselves!

Norwich City are capable of becoming a top 10 Premier club and if Lambert could achive that then he would have his pick of jobs which at the moment he''d only get underachieving Premiership clubs (Everton, Villa)/Championship wannabes where the situation would not be a advantagous as what it is at Norwich!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Paul Cluckbert "]He is more likely to leave if we go up and then crash and burn..It will be the old ''I''ve take the club as far as I can'' line.... but who could deny him success elsewhere after what he has done for NCFC.He has been our best player from day one

Good god!

How refreshing to read a sensible good post
from the king of c rap ridiculous posts Cluckbert!

Lambert can improve his reputation further by either establishing Norwich in the Premiership or by mounting another serious promotion attempt next season!

Yes I''m sure if the right job came up, eventually Lambert will jump ship and leave but this is still early days for him at Norwich.

As we saw with John Bond in the early 80''s, Lambert could go to a bigger club, mess up and end up at a club much lower down the pyramid than ourselves!

Norwich City are capable of becoming a top 10 Premier club and if Lambert could achive that then he would have his pick of jobs which at the moment he''d only get underachieving Premiership clubs (Everton, Villa)/Championship wannabes where the situation would not be a advantagous as what it is at Norwich![/quote]I suspect it''s only because it fits in with your own viewpoint on this occasion....You and too many others have a closed mind.... a common problem in Pinkunland. Try expanding your thinking and much of what I say (and have said over the years) will come into focus.Of course that will mean moving away from the Deliarite era protectiveness... and that just isn''t going to happen.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]So Cluck, your mind isn''t closed at all?[/quote]Nope... but it is focused.It''s like driving a car.... if you look on the road ahead you can avoid most problems before you come to them. If you concentate on what''s under your wheels however... it''s far too late to take avoiding action.The bigger picture in other words.

I go with whats right and wrong, whether or not I agree with them Cluckbert!

The reason I don''t go with your posts is cause a lot of the time they are mostly talking c rap but you''ve proved you can talk sense on odd occasions!

Don''t expect people to take you seriously when on other threads you make out that having lots of season ticket holders is wrong and that if we don''t go up this season the club is going to collapse!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]I go with whats right and wrong, whether or not I agree with them Cluckbert!

The reason I don''t go with your posts is cause a lot of the time they are mostly talking c rap but you''ve proved you can talk sense on odd occasions!

Don''t expect people to take you seriously when on other threads you make out that having lots of season ticket holders is wrong and that if we don''t go up this season the club is going to collapse![/quote]Collapse would be an extreme... falter badly would be more appropriate.I care not whether I am taken ''seriously'' on here as I am fully aware that failing to toe the party line is considered sacrilegious. Having an alternative view on all things is healthy and whether others like it not is not my concern.With all of the season ticket snobbery on here these days it seems only those who watch City play NOW are allowed to have an opinion. There are tens of thousands of City fans who no longer attend games for a whole host of reasons and quite frankly it is bizarre situation. On that basis then, does the 12 year old watching every home game with his parents have superiority over a pensioner with 50 years support behind him who can no longer attend?Today only exists because of yesterday...

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]I go with whats right and wrong, whether or not I agree with them Cluckbert!

Don''t expect people to take you seriously when on other threads you make out that having lots of season ticket holders is wrong and that if we don''t go up this season the club is going to collapse![/quote]Collapse would be an extreme... falter badly would be more appropriate.I care not whether I am taken ''seriously'' on here as I am fully aware that failing to toe the party line is considered sacrilegious. Having an alternative view on all things is healthy and whether others like it not is not my concern.With all of the season ticket snobbery on here these days it seems only those who watch City play NOW are allowed to have an opinion. There are tens of thousands of City fans who no longer attend games for a whole host of reasons and quite frankly it is bizarre situation. On that basis then, does the 12 year old watching every home game with his parents have superiority over a pensioner with 50 years support behind him who can no longer attend?Today only exists because of yesterday...

[/quote]Seems to me that you, and your bell-end sidekick Bly, are the only ones spouting superiority.

Exactly!

Like I''ve said before I never venture into the murky grounds of "I''m a better fan than you" rubbish because I know theres other things in life and people have reasons like finance, work, family and health as to why they are less regular than others!

But from a clubs point of view the ones who are more regular are going to have priority over those who aren''t - simple fact of life!

We''ve been through this all before and its rather bemusing that Cluckbert doesn''t "see it"!

Under Cluckberts control the club would ban a season ticket holder in order to leave the seat free a casual who might go to half the games!

That doesn''t make sense!

Anyway hopefully within the next 10 years the capacity of Carrow Road would of increased to over 35,000 and this issue won''t be so prominant unless we are nearly filling such a capacity and then Cluckbert will still be telling us that is oh so wrong!

And this is all coming from myself who was going to Carrow Road long before Delia Smith, SKY TV, all seater grounds, a large amount of season ticket holders and regular Carrow Road 24,000+ crowds!

Oh dear.... Maybe one or two more PVICs arriving and you might just create a brain cell between you.In the mean time......

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Oh dear.... Maybe one or two more PVICs arriving and you might just create a brain cell between you.In the mean time......[/quote]...You''ll back out of the thread because you have no actual facts to debate with?

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]I go with whats right and wrong, whether or not I agree with them Cluckbert!

[/quote][IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/cluck.png[/IMG]

As we all know Lambert is a wise guy, and i really do think that he will pick the best time to go and to the right club. If a team comes in early pre season and can offer him what he feels he needs to achieve what he believes is a realistic position for said club, then I fear he could go. What he has done to this club suggests that he could almost turn any team around, so your underachieving clubs (Everton, Villa etc.) might take a gamble on him.

I don''t want to put words in PL''s mouth, but I truly think he will stay. He''s got the chance to create something really special here, become a real hero. Taking us from league one to wherever we end up, he could end up as a legend of not just the club but to the whole English game, a la Alex Ferguson. The foundations are here, with the players and the setup of the club for him to make a great club, from top to bottom. I don''t think he would get that chance anywhere else, unless he went all the way down the leagues, to where he found us.

Having said that though, after what he''s done for this club, I would never hold a grudge against him if he wanted to move on, and seek bigger things.