Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Plastic fans.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Yes that would be the thing with getting into the Premiership - people who''d never dream of watching us in the Championship or League 1 would suddenly want to come and get a piece of the action!

Couldn''t the club offer out super memberships on a priority basis where fans who''ve been previously been season ticket holders in the last 4 years and those who went to a certain amount of games the previous season get their SM''s before others?[/quote]Unfortunately there is no real fair or workable way of doing this.I guess the membership and super membership schemes are about the best we can hope for!

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alejandra"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alejandra"]It''s nice to know anyone outside of Norwich is classed as a plastic fan lol.I can see what Morty means by those who go week in/week out worrying they may loose out on tickets ''if'' Norwich go up, which I hope Norwich do.but also on the same front it''s not fair to anyone outside of Norwich who has been a supporter since non-premier league days to be called glory hunters all of a sudden, it''s quite an arrogant and selfish way to look at it as a whole.  NCFC is the only football team in the County,  so anyone in that county if not further out has as much right to see games if they are a supporter.''I''m  a better supporter than you'' is just more a case your lucky you live where you do.   If the roles were reversed........[:)]

[/quote]Its not even about location really, I know a lot of people who travel a long way to go to games, your location does not limit how many tickets you can buy, but is more about how much effort and money you want to throw at the whole thing.[/quote]I go to all the close to home games to me (Coventry/Derby/Leicester/Nottingham etc) as I can just about afford those, but being in education with a part time job that pays hardly anything I could never travel to Carrow Road every other saturday to watch the football, but thats more to do with financial restraints, I don''t think the original poster gave much thought aboutI was having a rant anyway, my first one since I signed up on here lol   [:)][/quote]I don''t think you fall into the category of "Plastic fan" though.We''re talking about people who haven''t been to a game (home or away) for years, but all of a sudden because we''re in the Premiership they fancy it. They may not even be Norwich fans, they could be man U or Chelski. And I don''t think its fair (seeing as tickets are limited) that these people, get to go and deny a seat to proper fans.

[/quote]

Spot on Morty - end of discussion I think ?

[/quote]It will be nice if and when they notch the capacity up to 36,000 or whatever the projected amount was, then no-one has to worry [:)]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]I''m afraid we''re back to quality not quantity.Whether it''s a show, a band or football..... neither should be guaranteed an audience/income in order to keep them on their toes. NCFC know they have a monopoly and that is a dangerous thing in terms of motivation and ambition. The luck is with us now thanks to Paul Lambert... but if we don''t go up City could collapse like a house of cards. Let''s just hope we do and so luck will no longer be the main card in our hand

You speak an incredible amount of ball ocks Cluckbert!

We aren''t guaranteed an audience - Thats saying that people buying season tickets are forced too!

No one is forced to buy season tickets but due to our massive support levels the clubs does well on that front!

Yes once the amount of ST''s a club has means that they will have X amount of capacity sold for every game but the club still has to perform well to ensure the remaining seats are sold and season ticket sales and casual sales are high for the following season!

Its not dangerous thing at all with regards to ambition and motivation. In fact the ambition and motivation of the club is improved ten fold through having high levels of support which keeps everyone working for the club on their toes!

If we don''t go up we''re not going to collapse like a pack of cards as you suggest!

While it would disapointing after the position we''ve got ourselves into, it wouldn''t be earth shattering. The clubs has sensibly budgeted for not going up and we wouldn''t instantly lose thousands of fans. In fact we''ve sold over 20,000 ST''s for next season regardless of what Division we''re in!

While I respect we live in a democratic society where freedom of speech is a right of everyones, Cluckberts posts are getting tedious as well as ever more ridiculous, totally contradicting and if you can''t say anything sensible then you''d be better of posting nowt!

The only correct things you say in you post is that certainly the luck is with us thanks to Paul Lambert and hoping we do go up![/quote]So many words... so little foundation.Lots of little chests are puffed out right now, but I remain in the world of realism. Minus Lambert and minus promotion City are back where we were a couple of seasons ago. No-one wants that, but it''s the truth.Delia Smith is still in charge... and our debts have not been reduced. Without the certainty of the vomitous Premiership money next season we are still in the cack. It''s a fact... not a prediction.

[quote user="Alejandra"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alejandra"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alejandra"]It''s nice to know anyone outside of Norwich is classed as a plastic fan lol.I can see what Morty means by those who go week in/week out worrying they may loose out on tickets ''if'' Norwich go up, which I hope Norwich do.but also on the same front it''s not fair to anyone outside of Norwich who has been a supporter since non-premier league days to be called glory hunters all of a sudden, it''s quite an arrogant and selfish way to look at it as a whole.  NCFC is the only football team in the County,  so anyone in that county if not further out has as much right to see games if they are a supporter.''I''m  a better supporter than you'' is just more a case your lucky you live where you do.   If the roles were reversed........[:)]

[/quote]Its not even about location really, I know a lot of people who travel a long way to go to games, your location does not limit how many tickets you can buy, but is more about how much effort and money you want to throw at the whole thing.[/quote]I go to all the close to home games to me (Coventry/Derby/Leicester/Nottingham etc) as I can just about afford those, but being in education with a part time job that pays hardly anything I could never travel to Carrow Road every other saturday to watch the football, but thats more to do with financial restraints, I don''t think the original poster gave much thought aboutI was having a rant anyway, my first one since I signed up on here lol   [:)][/quote]I don''t think you fall into the category of "Plastic fan" though.We''re talking about people who haven''t been to a game (home or away) for years, but all of a sudden because we''re in the Premiership they fancy it. They may not even be Norwich fans, they could be man U or Chelski. And I don''t think its fair (seeing as tickets are limited) that these people, get to go and deny a seat to proper fans.

[/quote]

Spot on Morty - end of discussion I think ?

[/quote]It will be nice if and when they notch the capacity up to 36,000 or whatever the projected amount was, then no-one has to worry [:)][/quote]I agree, though it has to be handled very carefully, just look at all the clubs in the Premiership and Championship with thousands of empty seats every Saturday. The fact that seats at CR are limited right now is the reason why we have such high season ticket numbers. If theres 5,000 empty seats every match day then theres no real need for a season ticket to guarantee you see the games you want to.

But their is another need other than limited availability, to have a season ticket rather than buying casually on a match to match basis and that is the high price of buying tickets on a match to match basis!

As much as I love watching NCFC, I''d severely struggle to do it on a match to match basis at current prices whereas with the monthly direct debit scheme I pay the same monthly as what casuals do for one game!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]But their is another need other than limited availability, to have a season ticket rather than buying casually on a match to match basis and that is the high price of buying tickets on a match to match basis!

As much as I love watching NCFC, I''d severely struggle to do it on a match to match basis at current prices whereas with the monthly direct debit scheme I pay the same monthly as what casuals do for one game![/quote]Whilst I agree with this, its almost like personally I am backed into a corner. I take my two kids to football and we all have season tickets, but if I were to try and get 3 casual tickets together it would be nigh on impossible. That coupled with the fact that I work away meaning I miss a fair few games every season, means that I would actually like to take the casual option, if I was able to.

>So many words... so little foundation.Lots of little chests are puffed out right now, but I remain in the world of realism. Minus Lambert and minus promotion City are back where we were a couple of seasons ago. No-one wants that, but it''s the truth.Delia Smith is still in charge... and our debts have not been reduced. Without the certainty of the vomitous Premiership money next season we are still in the cack. It''s a fact... not a prediction.

As usual Cluckbert you totally miss the point and seem totally blinkered by the desire to find fault in the club whatever even though presently their isn''t much to fault about!

I''d agree that without Lambert, promotion and I''ll add to that David Mcnally, its likely we''d still be in League 1 and another bit I''ll add in - crowds would of almost certainly plummeted but -

You go on about it being so wrong to have large amounts of season tickets and limited amounts of casual spaces available. But from the clubs point of view they are going to favour those who commit to a full season rather than fans who don''t, that is basic common sense!

Anyway if the worst did happen or indeed may occur in the past, they''d be more room for thousands of casuals because season ticket holders would of stop renewing!

As for the anti Delia stance - could you of done better? - NO!

While I''m aware that she doesn''t want to sell, their hasn''t been a que of genuine investors waiting to take over!

Before Mcnally came to the club I thought the time had come for Delia to get out but Mcnallys appointment has been a godsend and enabled the club to move forward with Delia. And anyway having pots of money at your disposal thrown at you by a rich investor doesn''t guarantee success. Look down the A140 for a perfect example of that!

Yes we''re in the "Cack" as you put it finincially, but tell us what pro footy clubs in this Country aren''t?

There isn''t many footy clubs in this Country in the black. I can think if one and thats League 2 side Oxford United who are back in the League after a number of years in the Conference. I remember playing Oxford in the top flight in the 1980''s and we played them in the Championship in the late 90''s!

Now would you want Norwich City to swap places with Oxford United?

As for having a small chest - I haven''t been accused of that since about the 1st year at Grammer school!

But their is another need other than limited availability, to have a season ticket rather than buying casually on a match to match basis and that is the high price of buying tickets on a match to match basis!

As much as I love watching NCFC, I''d severely struggle to do it on a match to match basis at current prices whereas with the monthly direct debit scheme I pay the same monthly as what casuals do for one game>Whilst I agree with this, its almost like personally I am backed into a corner. I take my two kids to football and we all have season tickets, but if I were to try and get 3 casual tickets together it would be nigh on impossible. That coupled with the fact that I work away meaning I miss a fair few games every season, means that I would actually like to take the casual option, if I was able to

I know what your getting at but if we didn''t have such high support levels then you wouldn''t be backed into a corner because they''d be plenty of available seats and the club would have to drop casual prices in order to increase crowd levels!

The club knows that with the ground not being big enough at present that demand exceeds supply so they can overprice tickets. Look on forums of every team about to visit Carrow Road this season and nearly all of them moaned about the prices. Mcnally and Co know that we can sell any returned tickets!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]But their is another need other than limited availability, to have a season ticket rather than buying casually on a match to match basis and that is the high price of buying tickets on a match to match basis!

As much as I love watching NCFC, I''d severely struggle to do it on a match to match basis at current prices whereas with the monthly direct debit scheme I pay the same monthly as what casuals do for one game>Whilst I agree with this, its almost like personally I am backed into a corner. I take my two kids to football and we all have season tickets, but if I were to try and get 3 casual tickets together it would be nigh on impossible. That coupled with the fact that I work away meaning I miss a fair few games every season, means that I would actually like to take the casual option, if I was able to

I know what your getting at but if we didn''t have such high support levels then you wouldn''t be backed into a corner because they''d be plenty of available seats and the club would have to drop casual prices in order to increase crowd levels!

The club knows that with the ground not being big enough at present that demand exceeds supply so they can overprice tickets. Look on forums of every team about to visit Carrow Road this season and nearly all of them moaned about the prices. Mcnally and Co know that we can sell any returned tickets![/quote]Which is why they have to handle any expansion very carefully, pricing appropriately, even perhaps increasing the season ticket quota initially and asking people to commit for 3 or 5 years (much like Arsenal did when they moved to the Emirates) to ensure we''re not losing money on any building costs. Empty seats on an expansion = money lost.

I think the club have already handled the expansion well by increasing little by little so the increases are not noticed much!

Ips hit have the problem of trying to sell overpriced casual tickets when theirs normally 10,000+ empty left to fill which (as well as the team being c rap!)doesn''t give much desire to buy a season ticket!

Its looking likely that the ground will be increased again in the summer by 1000!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Morty, the only thing I can think he means are the Man U and Liverpool fans who, admittedly, are rife in this town, will want tickets to games etc.

But then he didn''t exactly make that clear if that is the case.[/quote]I know exactly what he means.I would like to see a rule where you produce 2 ticket stubs from our League 1 season, and 2 from this season, before you''re allowed to buy tickets for Prem games.People''s loyalty through the bad times should be rewarded.[/quote]That would be completely unfair to those who live far away. If they were to get to England they could not get tickets because  they were in afu(king differnet place then

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Not at all Gut, I hate all that "I''m a better fan than you" Bull!

Just saying that its human nature to be more interested in a succesfull team than when they are c rap and I''m a prime example cause I probably go to more games than most yet I know I would of been to less games had we not been challenging at the top![/quote]I''m afraid NCFC is in the grip of ''season ticket snobbery'' these days.Attendances should rise and fall according to the football on show... thus making all at the club work harder at pleasing it''s supporters. As it is they have a captive audience and a guaranteed income.This bubble will burst in due course.[/quote][IMG]http://rlv.zcache.com/img/imt-prd/pd-137299890145917137/isz-m/at-238560305421145726/realview.jpg?urbaninside_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.urbandictionary.com%2Fproducts.image.php%3Fdefid%3D1779783%26greeting_card_inside%3D1%26revision%3Df983bae7e3a7392981efa2ad8f743a8ed780cd8e&urbanword_txt=Cluck%20off&urbanimage_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.urbandictionary.com%2Fproducts.image.php%3Fdefid%3D1779783%26greeting_card_outside%3D1%26revision%3Df983bae7e3a7392981efa2ad8f743a8ed780cd8e[/IMG]

[quote user="NauruDude"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Morty, the only thing I can think he means are the Man U and Liverpool fans who, admittedly, are rife in this town, will want tickets to games etc.

But then he didn''t exactly make that clear if that is the case.[/quote]I know exactly what he means.I would like to see a rule where you produce 2 ticket stubs from our League 1 season, and 2 from this season, before you''re allowed to buy tickets for Prem games.People''s loyalty through the bad times should be rewarded.[/quote]That would be completely unfair to those who live far away. If they were to get to England they could not get tickets because  they were in afu(king differnet place then[/quote]I don''t know what you want to hear here, should we keep back tickets for the likes of you in case you want to come to a game? Leave the seats empty?Whilst supply outstrips demand some people will always lose out, thats unfortunate.All I can suggest is that is you contact the ticket office and see if they will make you some kind of special case. But if you haven''t bothered the last two seasons, but are suddenly interested because we''re playing Man Utd, then that kinda illustrates the point of this thread, regardless of your location.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NauruDude"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Morty, the only thing I can think he means are the Man U and Liverpool fans who, admittedly, are rife in this town, will want tickets to games etc. But then he didn''t exactly make that clear if that is the case.[/quote]

I know exactly what he means.

I would like to see a rule where you produce 2 ticket stubs from our League 1 season, and 2 from this season, before you''re allowed to buy tickets for Prem games.

People''s loyalty through the bad times should be rewarded.
[/quote]
That would be completely unfair to those who live far away. If they were to get to England they could not get tickets because  they were in afu(king differnet place then
[/quote]

I don''t know what you want to hear here, should we keep back tickets for the likes of you in case you want to come to a game? Leave the seats empty?

Whilst supply outstrips demand some people will always lose out, thats unfortunate.

All I can suggest is that is you contact the ticket office and see if they will make you some kind of special case. But if you haven''t bothered the last two seasons, but are suddenly interested because we''re playing Man Utd, then that kinda illustrates the point of this thread, regardless of your location.
[/quote]

There is sense in morty''s suggestion but I would like to take it even further, back to when we played in the top flight for the first time. This would also be a good way of sorting the priority groups for away games. It would also help in having a grading system for the better supporters.

Surely these plastic fans are actually plastic supporters of teams like Chelsea, Liverpool etc and it is actually them, rather than little old Norwich they want to come and see.

That''s the price of success I guess.

[quote user="Alejandra"]It''s nice to know anyone outside of Norwich is classed as a plastic fan lol.

I can see what Morty means by those who go week in/week out worrying they may loose out on tickets ''if'' Norwich go up, which I hope Norwich do.

but also on the same front it''s not fair to anyone outside of Norwich who has been a supporter since non-premier league days to be called glory hunters all of a sudden, it''s quite an arrogant and selfish way to look at it as a whole.  NCFC is the only football team in the County,  so anyone in that county if not further out has as much right to see games if they are a supporter.

''I''m  a better supporter than you'' is just more a case your lucky you live where you do.   If the roles were reversed........

[:)]

[/quote]

Is''nt strange how words get twisted, no wonder we have wars,   it makes not one jot of difference where the fan lives if he or she wants a ticket for a game if they have a membership card they can get the first choice, but all this is far different from what I meant in the first place, I will never or have never refered to none regular norwich fans as Plastic fans, For many years I had to be content in listerning on the radio due to my employment which involved driving a 38ton artic all over europe and sometimes not getting home till Saturday, If you got the wrong idea then I''m sorry,end of thread.   

Paying for their precious season tickets (or their mums and dads) using plastic apparently equals superior status then?  Season tickets have been around for eons... so I wonder why this petty little generation see themselves as something special all of a sudden then?Maybe this is the definition of the new age ''plastic fan''?

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Paying for their precious season tickets (or their mums and dads) using plastic apparently equals superior status then?  Season tickets have been around for eons... so I wonder why this petty little generation see themselves as something special all of a sudden then?Maybe this is the definition of the new age ''plastic fan''? [/quote]Or should you just shut up, you boring bell-end?

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Alejandra"]It''s nice to know anyone outside of Norwich is classed as a plastic fan lol.

I can see what Morty means by those who go week in/week out worrying they may loose out on tickets ''if'' Norwich go up, which I hope Norwich do.

but also on the same front it''s not fair to anyone outside of Norwich who has been a supporter since non-premier league days to be called glory hunters all of a sudden, it''s quite an arrogant and selfish way to look at it as a whole.  NCFC is the only football team in the County,  so anyone in that county if not further out has as much right to see games if they are a supporter.

''I''m  a better supporter than you'' is just more a case your lucky you live where you do.   If the roles were reversed........

[/quote]

Is''nt strange how words get twisted, no wonder we have wars,   it makes not one jot of difference where the fan lives if he or she wants a ticket for a game if they have a membership card they can get the first choice, but all this is far different from what I meant in the first place, I will never or have never refered to none regular norwich fans as Plastic fans, For many years I had to be content in listerning on the radio due to my employment which involved driving a 38ton artic all over europe and sometimes not getting home till Saturday, If you got the wrong idea then I''m sorry,end of thread.   

[/quote]

Adding a footnote, People may know or may not know that I own a pony rescue but don''t take part in the daily running due to my ticker problems, so my roll now has been Admin and visiting Ponies we have out on loan, Thier are 2 on loan to a member of Norwich city playing and former players wives have 4 all together even though the players have left they have been allowed to take the ponies with them. so you can see I travel round a lot, I get told things but keep it to myself just like I''d expect them to if I told them any thing personal business, But I can say that we could have an extra 500 seats put in during the summer. not big news I know but relevent to this thread.    

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t worry about it Pete, I knew what you meant. [Y]

Having a season ticket is no qualification for making anyone a better fan. Some fans can''t get to any games at all for a variety of reasons and they are proper fans. But the ones you''re referring to are those that suddenly become able to go when we''re in the Premier League. There were quite a few last time and if we make it this time just watch this space!

You don''t have to look far to find a cluckin'' poster who had a "bank of season tickets" last time we were in the Prem only to cluckin'' "throw them in" when we started to slide down the Champs! Glory hunters, plastic fans, call ''em what you like but they''ll cluckin'' return eventually if we go up.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Paying for their precious season tickets (or their mums and dads) using plastic apparently equals superior status then?  Season tickets have been around for eons... so I wonder why this petty little generation see themselves as something special all of a sudden then?Maybe this is the definition of the new age ''plastic fan''? [/quote]Or should you just shut up, you boring bell-end?[/quote]

E-vendetta?......

It really is like shelling peas...... Just how stupid are some of you eh? I''ve been taking infantile flak like the above for years on here and yet do I appear concerned?Still.... happily my feedback on Ebay is 100%.... so the world keeps spinning just the same.......

Surely it''s all about economics and organisation? If you can afford a season ticket, you will have already got one for next season (well, I know there are now no more on sale, but that''s a recent development - good seats were available up until a few months ago). The other option is as others have said, a super membership - very affordable and if you get organised, you can usually be on the phone or online at 9am on the day they go on sale and you will get decent seats, let alone any seat. We have been able to secure the same two seats for every home game with the aid of a super membership, including the games which have sold out - with the exception of the Coventry game, where we got the two adjoining seats! I think that''s £17.50 well-spent. When I see people saying on here that they don''t have a ticket for a home game that they are desperate to attend, I wonder why they haven''t gone down the super member route. It''s worth it even if you can only make a couple of games.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Alejandra"]It''s nice to know anyone outside of Norwich is classed as a plastic fan lol.I can see what Morty means by those who go week in/week out worrying they may loose out on tickets ''if'' Norwich go up, which I hope Norwich do.but also on the same front it''s not fair to anyone outside of Norwich who has been a supporter since non-premier league days to be called glory hunters all of a sudden, it''s quite an arrogant and selfish way to look at it as a whole.  NCFC is the only football team in the County,  so anyone in that county if not further out has as much right to see games if they are a supporter.''I''m  a better supporter than you'' is just more a case your lucky you live where you do.   If the roles were reversed........[:)]

[/quote]

[/quote]Didn''t mean to offend! sorry [:)]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]It really is like shelling peas...... Just how stupid are some of you eh? I''ve been taking infantile flak like the above for years on here and yet do I appear concerned?Still.... happily my feedback on Ebay is 100%.... so the world keeps spinning just the same.......

[/quote]Okay then, surprise me! Quantify this obsession that you have regarding these hordes of young people running around waving their season tickets at you, did this happen at a game you went to?Or indeed, please feel free to find the threads where season ticket holders were proclaiming superiority.I shall await your reply.

You have more patience than me Morty. I gave up with Nora years ago. Can you understand someone who claims to have tickets to "throw in" just to encourage other fans to turn their back on the club? If anyone did take any notice of her then the poor sods are stuck on a cluckin'' waiting list now[:S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You have more patience than me Morty. I gave up with Nora years ago. Can you understand someone who claims to have tickets to "throw in" just to encourage other fans to turn their back on the club? If anyone did take any notice of her then the poor sods are stuck on a cluckin'' waiting list now[:S]

[/quote]No mate, I really don''t get it.I used to find him / her vaguely amusing as I assumed all this was tongue in cheek, but I honestly don''t think it is now.Probably a binner sleeper agent.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Still.... happily my feedback on Ebay is 100%.... so the world keeps spinning just the same.......[/quote]You obviously don''t use as much [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/bullshit-2.png[/IMG] on there then.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Still.... happily my feedback on Ebay is 100%.... so the world keeps spinning just the same.......[/quote]You obviously don''t use as much [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/bullshit-2.png[/IMG] on there then.[/quote]OK so Photobucket doesn''t like [IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMZUqwAZm9ExdlUqxkbeNF9a6h4kKG-e3K3ioV0KqduKw6IKmS[/IMG]