Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Plastic fans.

"Do one pete,Im a proud Yarco and proud to be City fan which I have been all my life. Dont start all the plastic crap with me or anyone else who have supported City through thick and thin and dont live anywhere near Norwich."

This, I''m from Yarmouth and I''ve been a STH since I was 9. I know a lot of other STH''s from this way as well.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"]I get what you''re saying, but please don''t start the "I''m a bigger fan than you" thing.[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha....The splendour of hypocrisy.[/quote]Explain.Actually don''t bother, I just realised I don''t care.[:)]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"]I get what you''re saying, but please don''t start the "I''m a bigger fan than you" thing.
[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha....

The splendour of hypocrisy.
[/quote]

Something else that you''re an expert on!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"]I get what you''re saying, but please don''t start the "I''m a bigger fan than you" thing.[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha....The splendour of hypocrisy.[/quote]Explain.Actually don''t bother, I just realised I don''t care.[:)][/quote]

Bite!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Morty, the only thing I can think he means are the Man U and Liverpool fans who, admittedly, are rife in this town, will want tickets to games etc. But then he didn''t exactly make that clear if that is the case.[/quote]

I know exactly what he means.

I would like to see a rule where you produce 2 ticket stubs from our League 1 season, and 2 from this season, before you''re allowed to buy tickets for Prem games.

People''s loyalty through the bad times should be rewarded.
[/quote]

One of my favourite posts for a while followed by Pete''s explanation.[:)]

When I read it I wasn''t sure what Pete meant but it immediately reminded me of the late seventies and eighties chanting to the ''big club'' fans " we bet you all come from Yarmouth" which quite a few did as there would be more away colours getting off the Yarmouth train than home. This is one of my reasons for always wanting Yarmouth to be handed to Suffolk.

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"]I get what you''re saying, but please don''t start the "I''m a bigger fan than you" thing.[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha....The splendour of hypocrisy.[/quote]Explain.Actually don''t bother, I just realised I don''t care.[:)][/quote]Yes, I like to give him the little bit of attention he craves, would hate to think of him crying into his keyboard.[:)]

Bite![/quote]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"]I get what you''re saying, but please don''t start the "I''m a bigger fan than you" thing.[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha....The splendour of hypocrisy.[/quote]Explain.Actually don''t bother, I just realised I don''t care.[:)][/quote]Yes, I like to give him the little bit of attention he craves, would hate to think of him crying into his keyboard.[:)]

Bite![/quote][/quote]

im guesing poetry isnt your strong point?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="pete_norw"]How many will we get from Yarmouth next season[/quote]

Translation: "I''m a bigger fan than you".
[/quote]

MR CHOPS wrong, Read the thread.

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Morty, the only thing I can think he means are the Man U and Liverpool fans who, admittedly, are rife in this town, will want tickets to games etc. But then he didn''t exactly make that clear if that is the case.[/quote]

I know exactly what he means.

I would like to see a rule where you produce 2 ticket stubs from our League 1 season, and 2 from this season, before you''re allowed to buy tickets for Prem games.

People''s loyalty through the bad times should be rewarded.
[/quote]

One of my favourite posts for a while followed by Pete''s explanation.[:)]

When I read it I wasn''t sure what Pete meant but it immediately reminded me of the late seventies and eighties chanting to the ''big club'' fans " we bet you all come from Yarmouth" which quite a few did as there would be more away colours getting off the Yarmouth train than home. This is one of my reasons for always wanting Yarmouth to be handed to Suffolk.

[/quote]

I was thinking of this just before I posted the thread, At least we may not  see any Spammers in the Jarrold.

I''d feel sorry for anyone who has been to games when we were in League 1 and this league and were unable to get their tickets when we go up (I''m not saying if!) but doesn''t everyone compete on a level playing field for tickets?

If you haven''t switched yourself on and got yourself a season ticket (which I know not everyone can afford) and a mate of mine and his wife bought STs for next season for the first time earlier this year so I know there were some available (don''t know about now though) you phone up first thing on a monday like everyone else don''t you? Got nothing to do with who is a better fan than anyone else, it''s who can be arsed to get themselves organised!

Their are fairweather fans everywhere, not just in Yarmouth!

Its human nature that people will come out and support a team when they are successfull!

Indeed I have been to loads of games and haven''t missed many lately but admittedly if we''d of been mid table I wouldn''t of been to as many!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Their are fairweather fans everywhere, not just in Yarmouth! Its human nature that people will come out and support a team when they are successfull! Indeed I have been to loads of games and haven''t missed many lately but admittedly if we''d of been mid table I wouldn''t of been to as many![/quote]

I hope we''re not going to have a spate of I''m the smaller fan

Not at all Gut, I hate all that "I''m a better fan than you" Bull!

Just saying that its human nature to be more interested in a succesfull team than when they are c rap and I''m a prime example cause I probably go to more games than most yet I know I would of been to less games had we not been challenging at the top!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Not at all Gut, I hate all that "I''m a better fan than you" Bull!

Just saying that its human nature to be more interested in a succesfull team than when they are c rap and I''m a prime example cause I probably go to more games than most yet I know I would of been to less games had we not been challenging at the top![/quote]I''m afraid NCFC is in the grip of ''season ticket snobbery'' these days.Attendances should rise and fall according to the football on show... thus making all at the club work harder at pleasing it''s supporters. As it is they have a captive audience and a guaranteed income.This bubble will burst in due course.

And our away ATT''s would also be down so your totally contradicting the point your trying to make because despite loads of Season tickets (which is better than not a lot of season tickets!) we''d of had less casual fans if we had been doing not so well!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Here we go again from Cluckbert!

Had we been struggling at the wrong end of the table we''d of been up to a 1000 down on average crowds because casual sales would of enevitably gone down![/quote]I''m afraid we''re back to quality not quantity.Whether it''s a show, a band or football..... neither should be guaranteed an audience/income in order to keep them on their toes. NCFC know they have a monopoly and that is a dangerous thing in terms of motivation and ambition. The luck is with us now thanks to Paul Lambert... but if we don''t go up City could collapse like a house of cards. Let''s just hope we do and so luck will no longer be the main card in our hand.

When can we expect to see you at Carrow Rd Cluckin Little?

Never mind Plastic Fans you''re more like a Mythical Fan aren''t you?

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]When can we expect to see you at Carrow Rd Cluckin Little?

Never mind Plastic Fans you''re more like a Mythical Fan aren''t you?[/quote]A cynical person could say that he has invented this whole "Quality versus quantity" twaddle to desperately justify no longer going to games.[:)]

Yes, it''s sooooo hateful when your club is popular, Cluckin Little would prefer we had the crowds of a non league team, keeping it real. All to himself like.

It''s nice to know anyone outside of Norwich is classed as a plastic fan lol.I can see what Morty means by those who go week in/week out worrying they may loose out on tickets ''if'' Norwich go up, which I hope Norwich do.but also on the same front it''s not fair to anyone outside of Norwich who has been a supporter since non-premier league days to be called glory hunters all of a sudden, it''s quite an arrogant and selfish way to look at it as a whole.  NCFC is the only football team in the County,  so anyone in that county if not further out has as much right to see games if they are a supporter.''I''m  a better supporter than you'' is just more a case your lucky you live where you do.   If the roles were reversed........[:)]

[quote user="Alejandra"]It''s nice to know anyone outside of Norwich is classed as a plastic fan lol.I can see what Morty means by those who go week in/week out worrying they may loose out on tickets ''if'' Norwich go up, which I hope Norwich do.but also on the same front it''s not fair to anyone outside of Norwich who has been a supporter since non-premier league days to be called glory hunters all of a sudden, it''s quite an arrogant and selfish way to look at it as a whole.  NCFC is the only football team in the County,  so anyone in that county if not further out has as much right to see games if they are a supporter.''I''m  a better supporter than you'' is just more a case your lucky you live where you do.   If the roles were reversed........[:)]

[/quote]Its not even about location really, I know a lot of people who travel a long way to go to games, your location does not limit how many tickets you can buy, but is more about how much effort and money you want to throw at the whole thing.

[quote user="Alejandra"]It''s nice to know anyone outside of Norwich is classed as a plastic fan lol.

I can see what Morty means by those who go week in/week out worrying they may loose out on tickets ''if'' Norwich go up, which I hope Norwich do.

but also on the same front it''s not fair to anyone outside of Norwich who has been a supporter since non-premier league days to be called glory hunters all of a sudden, it''s quite an arrogant and selfish way to look at it as a whole.  NCFC is the only football team in the County,  so anyone in that county if not further out has as much right to see games if they are a supporter.

''I''m  a better supporter than you'' is just more a case your lucky you live where you do.   If the roles were reversed........

[:)]

[/quote]

Agreed Alejandra, the point that the OP myself and others were trying to make was probably to do the last time we were in the prem, I and I am sure many others can recall many occasions where individuals were sat around us and were not only commenting on the top side superstar players (known by site) but that they were asking such questions as " so who is Norwich''s keeper " “what''s the name of number 5”. Now I am all for supporters attending as and when they can either due to the finances or geography ( my son and daughter may make 2 or 3 games a season due to living in Gloucestershire ) but at least know our squad and not just pitch up to see the big draw teams or big stars . These are Plastic fans / glory hunters IMO

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alejandra"]It''s nice to know anyone outside of Norwich is classed as a plastic fan lol.I can see what Morty means by those who go week in/week out worrying they may loose out on tickets ''if'' Norwich go up, which I hope Norwich do.but also on the same front it''s not fair to anyone outside of Norwich who has been a supporter since non-premier league days to be called glory hunters all of a sudden, it''s quite an arrogant and selfish way to look at it as a whole.  NCFC is the only football team in the County,  so anyone in that county if not further out has as much right to see games if they are a supporter.''I''m  a better supporter than you'' is just more a case your lucky you live where you do.   If the roles were reversed........[:)]

[/quote]Its not even about location really, I know a lot of people who travel a long way to go to games, your location does not limit how many tickets you can buy, but is more about how much effort and money you want to throw at the whole thing.[/quote]I go to all the close to home games to me (Coventry/Derby/Leicester/Nottingham etc) as I can just about afford those, but being in education with a part time job that pays hardly anything I could never travel to Carrow Road every other saturday to watch the football, but thats more to do with financial restraints, I don''t think the original poster gave much thought aboutI was having a rant anyway, my first one since I signed up on here lol   [:)]

I''m afraid we''re back to quality not quantity.Whether it''s a show, a band or football..... neither should be guaranteed an audience/income in order to keep them on their toes. NCFC know they have a monopoly and that is a dangerous thing in terms of motivation and ambition. The luck is with us now thanks to Paul Lambert... but if we don''t go up City could collapse like a house of cards. Let''s just hope we do and so luck will no longer be the main card in our hand

You speak an incredible amount of ball ocks Cluckbert!

We aren''t guaranteed an audience - Thats saying that people buying season tickets are forced too!

No one is forced to buy season tickets but due to our massive support levels the clubs does well on that front!

Yes once the amount of ST''s a club has means that they will have X amount of capacity sold for every game but the club still has to perform well to ensure the remaining seats are sold and season ticket sales and casual sales are high for the following season!

Its not dangerous thing at all with regards to ambition and motivation. In fact the ambition and motivation of the club is improved ten fold through having high levels of support which keeps everyone working for the club on their toes!

If we don''t go up we''re not going to collapse like a pack of cards as you suggest!

While it would disapointing after the position we''ve got ourselves into, it wouldn''t be earth shattering. The clubs has sensibly budgeted for not going up and we wouldn''t instantly lose thousands of fans. In fact we''ve sold over 20,000 ST''s for next season regardless of what Division we''re in!

While I respect we live in a democratic society where freedom of speech is a right of everyones, Cluckberts posts are getting tedious as well as ever more ridiculous, totally contradicting and if you can''t say anything sensible then you''d be better of posting nowt!

The only correct things you say in you post is that certainly the luck is with us thanks to Paul Lambert and hoping we do go up!

Should we happen to get promoted the only way to get tickets other than ST''s will be Super Membership (5,000+), if plastic you will need to fork out £17.50 (SM) for Man U or Liverpool etc. I am sure club is not prejudiced whose £17.50 they get the more the merrier.  I upgraded to SM on Saturday though I had jinxed us until 96th minute.

Loyal shareholder the only way to prove you are a real fan!

[quote user="Alejandra"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alejandra"]It''s nice to know anyone outside of Norwich is classed as a plastic fan lol.I can see what Morty means by those who go week in/week out worrying they may loose out on tickets ''if'' Norwich go up, which I hope Norwich do.but also on the same front it''s not fair to anyone outside of Norwich who has been a supporter since non-premier league days to be called glory hunters all of a sudden, it''s quite an arrogant and selfish way to look at it as a whole.  NCFC is the only football team in the County,  so anyone in that county if not further out has as much right to see games if they are a supporter.''I''m  a better supporter than you'' is just more a case your lucky you live where you do.   If the roles were reversed........[:)]

[/quote]Its not even about location really, I know a lot of people who travel a long way to go to games, your location does not limit how many tickets you can buy, but is more about how much effort and money you want to throw at the whole thing.[/quote]I go to all the close to home games to me (Coventry/Derby/Leicester/Nottingham etc) as I can just about afford those, but being in education with a part time job that pays hardly anything I could never travel to Carrow Road every other saturday to watch the football, but thats more to do with financial restraints, I don''t think the original poster gave much thought aboutI was having a rant anyway, my first one since I signed up on here lol   [:)][/quote]I don''t think you fall into the category of "Plastic fan" though.We''re talking about people who haven''t been to a game (home or away) for years, but all of a sudden because we''re in the Premiership they fancy it. They may not even be Norwich fans, they could be man U or Chelski. And I don''t think its fair (seeing as tickets are limited) that these people, get to go and deny a seat to proper fans.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alejandra"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alejandra"]It''s nice to know anyone outside of Norwich is classed as a plastic fan lol.

I can see what Morty means by those who go week in/week out worrying they may loose out on tickets ''if'' Norwich go up, which I hope Norwich do.

but also on the same front it''s not fair to anyone outside of Norwich who has been a supporter since non-premier league days to be called glory hunters all of a sudden, it''s quite an arrogant and selfish way to look at it as a whole.  NCFC is the only football team in the County,  so anyone in that county if not further out has as much right to see games if they are a supporter.

''I''m  a better supporter than you'' is just more a case your lucky you live where you do.   If the roles were reversed........

[/quote]

Its not even about location really, I know a lot of people who travel a long way to go to games, your location does not limit how many tickets you can buy, but is more about how much effort and money you want to throw at the whole thing.
[/quote]

I go to all the close to home games to me (Coventry/Derby/Leicester/Nottingham etc) as I can just about afford those, but being in education with a part time job that pays hardly anything I could never travel to Carrow Road every other saturday to watch the football, but thats more to do with financial restraints, I don''t think the original poster gave much thought about

I was having a rant anyway, my first one since I signed up on here lol  

[/quote]

I don''t think you fall into the category of "Plastic fan" though.

We''re talking about people who haven''t been to a game (home or away) for years, but all of a sudden because we''re in the Premiership they fancy it. They may not even be Norwich fans, they could be man U or Chelski. And I don''t think its fair (seeing as tickets are limited) that these people, get to go and deny a seat to proper fans.

[/quote]

Spot on Morty - end of discussion I think ?

Yes that would be the thing with getting into the Premiership - people who''d never dream of watching us in the Championship or League 1 would suddenly want to come and get a piece of the action!

Couldn''t the club offer out super memberships on a priority basis where fans who''ve been previously been season ticket holders in the last 4 years and those who went to a certain amount of games the previous season get their SM''s before others?