Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Plastic fans.

What are you on about? - I know loads of City from Yarmouth and they are some of the loyalist fans I know. They will be there whatever league we are in!!!

I get what you''re saying, but please don''t start the "I''m a bigger fan than you" thing.

I certainly hope we wont get you. I dont think we will get me as i live in Iceland. Am I then a PLASTIC fan? As far as I know I am just as loyal fan as you though I dont want to pay for flights from Iceland and back again. I support Norwich as well as I possibly can from Iceland. And I will hopefully move to England in da futur to support them more.

Just love the way so many of our fans think we are Premier League already.

I disagree with Yarmouth being singled out as you coudl say that same about anywhere in east anglia really, but Pete has a point. The premiere league does tend to bring out the glory hunters who only want to see the leagues top players and teams but our true fan base is so strong they would not get much of a look in for tickets. Although during our last season there did see ticket agencies and eBay selling home games for hundreds.

Different story if we expand the ground capacity though, does anyone know how many are on the season ticket waiting list ?

The was def not any tickets for sale on ebay as they pull them as fast as they are put on.

So far we are in the play offs, nothing more nothing less, we have to win 2 football matches then we can start celebrating!

For those with short memories, who went to Orient last year to celebrate promotion and we lost.

Lets get behind the boys at Pompey!

Do one pete,Im a proud Yarco and proud to be City fan which I have been all my life.Dont start all the plastic crap with me or anyone else who have supported City through thick and thin and dont live anywhere near Norwich.

I sort of touched on this subject in my most recent blog post (which can be read by clicking the picture underneath this post). It was concerning what ''fans'' would be watching Norwich if the ground was extended by 3000-8000 and the identity of the club.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Do Norwich''s plastic fans only come from Gt Yarmouth then?[/quote]Are you from Great Yarmouth or what? If you''re from Gt Yarmouth then the biggeest plastic fan is from there.

well i am from yarmouth and i go home and away, when ever i get back from work.... so because i miss a few games a season i am plastic, or is my son who is not old enough to go on his own classed as plastic??

To slightly defend Pete here, as I see what he''s getting at....Its about someone who has stuck with the club through thick and thin, who, all of a sudden, will struggle to get tickets next season because glory hunters come out of the woodwork, only to disappear when things ain''t so good.There really isn''t any need for so many of you to take what he''s saying so personally.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]It doesn''t matter where any Norwich fans come from they are welcome in our fold.[/quote]

I think a ''few insular Carrow contemptibles,'' might just disagree with you there.......

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Morty, the only thing I can think he means are the Man U and Liverpool fans who, admittedly, are rife in this town, will want tickets to games etc.

But then he didn''t exactly make that clear if that is the case.[/quote]I know exactly what he means.I would like to see a rule where you produce 2 ticket stubs from our League 1 season, and 2 from this season, before you''re allowed to buy tickets for Prem games.People''s loyalty through the bad times should be rewarded.

Sorry,But you all missed my point, I was refering to the Plastic MANURE ARSENAL CHELSKI and alike No way was I refering to Our Norwich city fans who live outside the area. I was acctually haveing a knock at my Son-in-law, Liverpool fan from Gt Yarmouth never seen them play live only on tele, I did''nt mean our own fans

so how do you say someone is a plastic fan ?

yes ive got a ticket for the Coventry game first one this season but had a season ticket in the late 90`s been going regular since mid 1970`s have shares in the club !!!

the only reason i cant go more is i have my kids every other weekend which is far more important from where im standing. I would come week in week out and will do when my kids are much older but for now i cant.

maybe people making these statements are lucky they can leave their kids or dont have work or or such commitments but dont tar us with the same brush because we have ......

Does this make me plastic ? because i can make every home game ?

Apologies Pete. As you may have just seen I did make a post wondering if that was what you meant. It just wasn''t clear.

I agree though we will see an influx of those fans. Infact my sisters fiancee is trying to get me to ask my season ticket partner-in-crime to give up his ticket for the clash with Liverpool if we go up (he''s originally from Preston). I won''t even be asking for him as it will invariably be a resounding "NO".

What''s so bad about having occasional supporters?

Knocking people like this by calling them ''plastic supporters'' is sad really Pete.

At least they have some interest in our club and may assist funds buy buying merchandise etc.

Some people just like going to football matches more than others - BIG DEAL!

[quote user="morty"]I get what you''re saying, but please don''t start the "I''m a bigger fan than you" thing.[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha....The splendour of hypocrisy.

[quote user="NeonYellow"]What''s so bad about having occasional supporters?

Knocking people like this by calling them ''plastic supporters'' is sad really Pete.

At least they have some interest in our club and may assist funds buy buying merchandise etc.

Some people just like going to football matches more than others - BIG DEAL![/quote]Nothing is wrong with occasional, if you have the capacity to keep everyone happy.If I was a fan who relied on casual tickets, and had supported the team through league one and this season, I''d be annoyed if I couldn''t get tickets next season because of glory hunters.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Morty, the only thing I can think he means are the Man U and Liverpool fans who, admittedly, are rife in this town, will want tickets to games etc. But then he didn''t exactly make that clear if that is the case.[/quote]

Well spotted, that is what i meant, sorry should have made it more clear, Points deduction off my post count.