Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

betting on the title

Just seen the post about the Sun claiming QPR will get a points deduction. Instead of trawling through there to find this out, just wondering if there are any sites still taking bets on the NPower championship with QPR included. I usually use bet365 but they only have the title without QPR. Iam hoping there are still some long odds out there for us (and Cardiff to play safe).Cheers in advance

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/promotionAll the bookies have stopped taking odds on the title - So they obviously arent sure. (The exchanges are taking money though as you would expected)Promotion odds are available, odds slightly shorted to adjust for the hearing. Cardiff at 10/11 look very good when you take into account the potential for second place, a play-off victory, or a possible QPR points deduction.

Yesterday before all this buissness about qpr , you could get 15/1 on norwich winning the title with paddy power , now they aint quoting any prices for anyone to be promoted let alone win the title .Could the bookies have inside information and fully expect qpr to recieved some sort of points deduction but dont know how many points ,just a thought no smoke without fire OTBC

[quote user="Trent Canary"]http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/promotion

All the bookies have stopped taking odds on the title - So they obviously arent sure. (The exchanges are taking money though as you would expected)

Promotion odds are available, odds slightly shorted to adjust for the hearing. Cardiff at 10/11 look very good when you take into account the potential for second place, a play-off victory, or a possible QPR points deduction.
[/quote]

Welsher! [:D]

It could be that they have inside knwoledge, i would expect the bookies to seek some advice on this matter, or it may just be a huge influx of betting now that the sun story has come out. I am gutted i did not take the oppertunity to have a little wager, i am sure i saw Cardiff at 100/1 the other day to win the league. I know it is not going to happen as it will be ours, but surely worth a fiver. Don''t know what i was doing, missed out big time! I wont care though once we are promoted

How exactly would they have insider knowledge? It''s merely a case of protecting themselves just in case something happens.

[quote user="priceyrice"]It could be that they have inside knwoledge, i would expect the bookies to seek some advice on this matter, or it may just be a huge influx of betting now that the sun story has come out. I am gutted i did not take the oppertunity to have a little wager, i am sure i saw Cardiff at 100/1 the other day to win the league. I know it is not going to happen as it will be ours, but surely worth a fiver. Don''t know what i was doing, missed out big time! I wont care though once we are promoted[/quote]All bookmakers have automatic systems to change (and lower) odds when unusual betting pattern occur. So obviously the story in the Sun has made people start putting bets on Norwich and Cardiff for promotion which has changed the odds.Hopefully all those who get bets in early will be quids in

I know of a lucky punter who got 9/1 on Norwich and 33/1 on Cardiff to win this league this morning at Corals before the prices were suspended just after 10am. 

Not me unfortunately as I work at the Corals in question lol, gutted cos I was going to do the same yesterday but did not get round to it, not expected the story to be blown open by the Sun this morning causing betting to be suspended!

I lumped £40 at 16/1 about 3 weeks ago purely in the hope of a points deduction and that QPR saying they weren''t guilty.......the Sun today was a great read for a change ;-)

I put money on us to win the league at the start of the season at 18/1... Really hoping a points deduction comes and we nick it! Could use the cash! lol

"Just seen the post about the Sun claiming QPR will get a points deduction

UNTRUE !

The sun as used information that was published on the BBC ebsite in March and has been common knowledge for somewhile.

Then SPECULATES

There is NO inside information any more than there is inside information that IF Norwich City beat Coventry they COULD be promoted.

There was nothing reported today that we did not ALREADY know. As it stands nobody knows what the verdict will be. Nobody knows what any sanction will be imposed if QPR are found guilty. And nobody knows what they will be found guilty of. Speculate by all means, that''s a big part of any forum, but for heavens sake recognise that''s what it is. As that was what was printed in the sun today. SPECULATION, (guesswork).

As to the betting then it reflects the amount of money going on, nothing else. Bookmakers DO NOT go on inside information they balance the book ie adjust the odds to ensure whatever the outcome they are ahead. If there is no money being placed on QPR to win the title then there will come a point where the book is closed until mney can be found to balance the book ie bets on QPR

what is rather disturbing is when you read stories of folk in the midwest who claim to have been abducted by aliens and sexually molested you scoff and think that nobody is that daft over here, but in the space of a day there has been amble evidence of people so dumb that even when the printed word tells them something they are still unable to grasp what it says ..

.............scary !

[quote user="City1st"]"Just seen the post about the Sun claiming QPR will get a points deduction

UNTRUE !

The sun as used information that was published on the BBC ebsite in March and has been common knowledge for somewhile.

Then SPECULATES

There is NO inside information any more than there is inside information that IF Norwich City beat Coventry they COULD be promoted.

There was nothing reported today that we did not ALREADY know. As it stands nobody knows what the verdict will be. Nobody knows what any sanction will be imposed if QPR are found guilty. And nobody knows what they will be found guilty of. Speculate by all means, that''s a big part of any forum, but for heavens sake recognise that''s what it is. As that was what was printed in the sun today. SPECULATION, (guesswork).

As to the betting then it reflects the amount of money going on, nothing else. Bookmakers DO NOT go on inside information they balance the book ie adjust the odds to ensure whatever the outcome they are ahead. If there is no money being placed on QPR to win the title then there will come a point where the book is closed until mney can be found to balance the book ie bets on QPR

what is rather disturbing is when you read stories of folk in the midwest who claim to have been abducted by aliens and sexually molested you scoff and think that nobody is that daft over here, but in the space of a day there has been amble evidence of people so dumb that even when the printed word tells them something they are still unable to grasp what it says ..

.............scary ![/quote]

Let''s face it, every possible scenario has been covered since the day the story broke, and we''ve all heard it before. But my question is, City''1st'', what could The Sun have reported that we DON''T already know anyway? Whatever their theory of the final outcome, it was always likely to have been seen somewhere else first. One things for sure - they will be alot more clued up about this case than yourself, and that is encouraging in itself.

betfair is option can lay at 4/7 who can be 1/20 max if no chanse for pts reduction