Sign in to follow this  
Rob Newman #1

Craig Bellamy's loan deal?

Just thought I would ask a question as Ive heard this been mentioned a few times and wondered what your thoughts were...

Do you think it''s wrong that Man city are paying the vast majority of Bellamy''s wages?

I personally don''t think its a big issue as it happens all the time, although probably with nowhere near the same amount of money involved.

The reason I ask is because when Warncock and Jones started complaining about are fixtures a few national papers came up with this argument against Cardiff.

Sorry if I''m dragging up an old subject but just wanted some other views. As a side note I think West Brom still pay Barnett about 5k a week.

I dont think the fact that the parent club is paying the wage for the player on loan is the proble,. this happens all the time.

The problem for me is, this happened whilst Cardiff had a transfer embargo and were slowly slipping into adminstration. Also look at the other players they have had on loan whilst in the same situation.

Just shows how much player power rules the game now, Bellers could easily have done a job for Man City this year, but because he couldnt be arsed to play for them, Cardiff get a top draw Premier League player for free. I pressume his contact with Man City will be terminated next year and he''ll sign for Cardiff on a free.

CDM - why would Bellamy allow his contract to be terminated? More likely that they might try to "buy" it out for a reduced amount - but this could run the risk of him moving to a premiership rival.

He will not come back here he seems happy with his familly in wales and this seems is most imp for him right now.

I still belive if we was gamble with him after winter 2005 and try to secure loan(think he go on loan to celtic this stage)we izi can stay and not relegated because this can lifted crowd and because he can add few pts alone.

[quote user="Canarino"]Barnett made him look ordinary when we played them at home :-)[/quote]

I think that was actually Russell Martin that made him look ordinary. Had him covered the whole game and kept him quiet. I remember watching that game on a live stream and that was the first time I realised how good R.Martin was.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[quote user="Canarino"]Barnett made him look ordinary when we played them at home :-)[/quote]

I think that was actually Russell Martin that made him look ordinary. Had him covered the whole game and kept him quiet. I remember watching that game on a live stream and that was the first time I realised how good R.Martin was.

[/quote]

And he showed Bellers how to score a goal

The big problem for me is that they signed him, along with a few other players, at the same time they were pleading poverty with Motherwell over some cash they owed them for a past transfer.  So they''ve managed to shaft another club while spending loads of money they probably don''t have.Motherwell were going to take legal action if I remember rightly - does anyone know what happened with that?

[quote user=" Badger"]CDM - why would Bellamy allow his contract to be terminated? More likely that they might try to "buy" it out for a reduced amount - but this could run the risk of him moving to a premiership rival.[/quote]

Bellers obviously as no desire to play at the top level for the best club he can. Rightly or wrongly he seems content on being closer to his family and playing a bit of football on a Saturday afternoon for his local side.

I pressume a contract termination would suit both parties. Man City get him off the wage bill and he gets to play for his local side. Bearing in mind Cardiff are paying peanuts for him, im sure clubs like Everton, Fulham, Wigan, West Ham would have wanted him and could of afforded him and I''m sure Man City wouldnt have been worried about any of them clubs challenging them. But at the end of the day Bellamy wanted to go to Cardiff.