Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Craig Mackail-Smith

Should we try and sign him in the summer regardless of what league we''re in? He''s out of contract in the summer and it seems like he''s really been putting in the work on the training ground- very much a Paul Lambert style player...http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2011/04/craig_mackail-smith.html#289561

I don''t think he is out of contract - another year? I think he is expected to leave though.

Quote from the BBC article: "Mackail-Smith''s form has been noticed far beyond London Road as well,

with numerous clubs thought to be circling for a player who is out of

contract at the end of the 2010-11 season."

Whenever he''s out of contract, I think we should look elsewhere - not his fault, but we''d have to deal with those clowns again.

[quote user="Canarino"]Whenever he''s out of contract, I think we should look elsewhere - not his fault, but we''d have to deal with those clowns again.[/quote]

How would we be ''dealing with them clowns again'' if hes ''out of contract''?

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Canarino"]Whenever he''s out of contract, I think we should look elsewhere - not his fault, but we''d have to deal with those clowns again.[/quote] How would we be ''dealing with them clowns again'' if hes ''out of contract''?[/quote]

Because he is not out of contract till june 12, and I wouldn''t have him now even if he was on a free and don''t think we ever needed him in the first place.

[quote user="Canarino"]Whenever he''s out of contract, I think we should look elsewhere - not his fault, but we''d have to deal with those clowns again.[/quote]

Depends how much Lambert  wants him I suppose but I agree with you, cant really see McNally and Lambert being the sort of guys who would go back for him after the debacle last time round, will be interesting to see what happens!

The thing is why spend the demanded £3m for CMS when there are several good players out of contract this summer at other clubs?

As much as I''d like him to come here I feel Peterborough have backed themselves into a corner here and will struggle to get anything like that figure for him at all.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]He is out of contract next season, fact. Id rather go for Joe Lewis as our sub keeper in the Prem.[/quote]   no way, peterborough fans say he is no better now than when he joined them and hardly keeps his place. someone will be jumping ship when west ham are relegated though, but i can''t remember his name though he would be a decent number two

From what I remember hearing, his contract runs out end of next season. Peterborough were saying he will be sold this summer because he has made it clear that he will not extend his contract and they want to cash in while they still can, i.e. while he still has 1 year left on his contract.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="M.A.T.T"]He is out of contract next season, fact. Id rather go for Joe Lewis as our sub keeper in the Prem.[/quote]   no way, peterborough fans say he is no better now than when he joined them and hardly keeps his place. someone will be jumping ship when west ham are relegated though, but i can''t remember his name though he would be a decent number two[/quote]

joe lewis no way, but kieran westwood could do a job best keeper in this leauge by a mile

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Canarino"]Whenever he''s out of contract, I think we should look elsewhere - not his fault, but we''d have to deal with those clowns again.[/quote] How would we be ''dealing with them clowns again'' if hes ''out of contract''?[/quote]

Because he is not out of contract till june 12, and I wouldn''t have him now even if he was on a free and don''t think we ever needed him in the first place.

[/quote]

I didnt say he was!

I was just saying, If or when he was out of contract, we would have any dealings with the other club at all.