Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Come on Burnley!!!

Time Burnley put things right over the PL debacle. A win against Leeds today and they''re still in the hunt for play-offs next week when they host Cardiff. They could end up doing us a massive favour. Funny old game eh!

However a Leeds win will keep them in the play off mix and give them plenty to play for in their final game at QPR!

But if QPR get a result at Watford today, then we can''t catch them anyway.

So I don''t know who I want to win today!

Leeds are taking 6-8000 to Loftus Road, so I pressume they will want to win regardless of todays result.

I''m hoping for a Leeds/Burnley draw today, Forest to lose, Swansea draw... and a Watford win. *Think* that would mean both Burnley and Leeds would still have everything to play for last day of the season, and still give us a good chance of winning the league (providing we beat Pompey of course, which will be no formality).

C''mon Malky ;)

Exactly. We can forget 1st place unless QPR get points deducted. It''s us or Cardiff for 2nd and I''d much rather be playing a Coventry team next week who don''t care rather than a Burnley team who do. Of course we could secure promotion on Monday, despite Dave Jones'' comments, idiot!

[quote user="Alex"]I''m hoping for a Leeds/Burnley draw today, Forest to lose, Swansea draw... and a Watford win. *Think* that would mean both Burnley and Leeds would still have everything to play for last day of the season, and still give us a good chance of winning the league (providing we beat Pompey of course, which will be no formality).

C''mon Malky ;)[/quote]Leeds would be out of it - they are currently 6 points behind Forest with 2 to play, so even if Forest were to lose (unlikely) Leeds would still need 5 points from the last game if they drew today. Burnley are currently 2 points behind so a draw or a win for them today and anything but a Forest win would but great news for both us and them. Still want Millwall to beat Swansea, however.

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Alex"]I''m hoping for a Leeds/Burnley draw today, Forest to lose, Swansea draw... and a Watford win. *Think* that would mean both Burnley and Leeds would still have everything to play for last day of the season, and still give us a good chance of winning the league (providing we beat Pompey of course, which will be no formality).

C''mon Malky ;)[/quote]Leeds would be out of it - they are currently 6 points behind Forest with 2 to play, so even if Forest were to lose (unlikely) Leeds would still need 5 points from the last game if they drew today. Burnley are currently 2 points behind so a draw or a win for them today and anything but a Forest win would but great news for both us and them. Still want Millwall to beat Swansea, however.[/quote]Sorry, my bad - we do want a draw in that don''t we.

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]6-8000 even though the away end only holds around 3200?

Where are they all going to sit?[/quote]

Plenty of room to sit or stand on their pitch, just like last weekend, now that was funny!!!! ...

... although we wouldn''t want Burnley in the play-offs, heaven forbid! Forest and Leeds would be potential bottlers in the play-offs. Of course I''m not even entertaining the thought of play-offs, this season has been stressful enough!

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Alex"]I''m hoping for a Leeds/Burnley draw today, Forest to lose, Swansea draw... and a Watford win. *Think* that would mean both Burnley and Leeds would still have everything to play for last day of the season, and still give us a good chance of winning the league (providing we beat Pompey of course, which will be no formality).

C''mon Malky ;)[/quote]Leeds would be out of it - they are currently 6 points behind Forest with 2 to play, so even if Forest were to lose (unlikely) Leeds would still need 5 points from the last game if they drew today. Burnley are currently 2 points behind so a draw or a win for them today and anything but a Forest win would but great news for both us and them. Still want Millwall to beat Swansea, however.[/quote]

Cheers Alec, I couldn''t quite remember the mad sequence of events needed to take place. So surely if Leeds won today and Forest lost, would that would not mean that both Burnley and Leeds would at least be playing for the win with much effort on the last day of the season hoping for Forest to lose again, by which point Leeds *should* have a better goal difference?. As you can tell, until it''s mathmatically impossible for us not to lift the Championship, I''m still hopefull!.

Leeds are only 3 points behind Forest. So if Forest lose today then we can keep our fingers crossed for some nice results today, and of course Middlesbrough to destroy Cardiff on Monday!!

C''mon Malky ;)[/quote]Leeds would be out of it - they are currently 6 points behind Forest with 2 to play, so even if Forest were to lose (unlikely) Leeds would still need 5 points from the last game if they drew today. Burnley are currently 2 points behind so a draw or a win for them today and anything but a Forest win would but great news for both us and them. Still want Millwall to beat Swansea, however.[/quote]

Alec, Fellas has correctly pointed out that Leeds are indeed only 3 points behind Forest - So I will stick with my original plan on this thread, we surely want a draw from between Leeds and Burnley? That would mean should Forest lose today, BOTH Leeds and Burnley would be going into the last game of season with EVERYTHING to play for, hoping for another Forest slip up. If that happens, and QPR lose today - IT''S GAME ON!.

Burnley win - fantastic, as it means Cardiff will have a tough last day.

Leeds win - ok as long as QPR lose today, as they''ll be gunning for the three points, which could see us finish above QPR!

Draw - disaster. Both teams finished.

In summary, we desperately need Burnley to win! If they don''t though, a Leeds win would be miles better than a draw!

Come on Burnley anyway!

Whatever the result no team will want to blow it in front of their own fans. Beware Pompey therefore but Cardiff at Burnley not easy whether play offs a possibility or not.

"no team will want to blow it in front of their own fans"

Carlisle, final home game last season

If Burnley lose today and Forest win then Burnley''s last game at home against Cardiff is meaningless isnt it  ?

[quote user="Essexiled Canary"]This is the first time i''ve seen Burnley this year and I wouldn''t want to rely on them to win against Cardiff![/quote]

They''re much better at home, but I agree.

I think you will find quite a few teams have walked away with 3 points at Turf Moor lately , Ipswich and Millwall being two that spring to mind , cannot see Burnley being to bothered about doing Norwich a favour either after the Lambert fiasco .

[quote user="Ncfc"]I think you will find quite a few teams have walked away with 3 points at Turf Moor lately , Ipswich and Millwall being two that spring to mind , cannot see Burnley being to bothered about doing Norwich a favour either after the Lambert fiasco .[/quote]Its the manager on the bench and the players on the pitch that will play QPR are they going to be that fussed about a manger who turned their club down? Would have thought they''d just want to give their fans a win to see the season off with.