Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

Pete's view at Villa Park

Looks like he would have a reasonable view of the continued shoddy defending then...

OTBC

He won''t have has a great view of the goals - both created/crossed from the other side after yet another dubious Mike Riley free kick and some absence from defending duties (not the only time in the game at all) form Drury. Solano made his afternoon and return a real misery I''m afraid - won''t have done his confidence any good at all.

sorry Shropshire but it looked like a free-kick to me.

what surprised me though was it was on Riley''s blind side and the linesman didn''t flag for it.

alas, it was woeful defending from the free-kick and not the free-kick itself that got them the goal!

Drury is getting a lot of stick especially for the second goal.  If you watch the reply it is blatantly Mulryne''s fault.

He tracks back with Hendrie for 20 yards and then gives up, Hendrie continues the run and 2 nil.

Hendrie is a central midfielder and we had three of them against their two.  At least one of our three should have looked after him.  Drury did have a poor game but he is trying to keep a line with the back 4 and as we had no left midfielder Solano kept getting space deep when the play was switched.  As a midfield three our lot should shuffle across the pitch with Brennan becoming that man when the ball is on their right with Mulryne and Francis then picking up their central midfield two.