Sign in to follow this  
JF

Bernie Ecclestone interview

Just stumbled on this via another message board. He may be rich but I would hate having anyone like this involved with us. Sounds a very ignorant arragant to$$er. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1382060/Bernie-Ecclestone-I-wont-watching-QPR-team-clinch-promotion-Watford.html

[quote user="JF"]Just stumbled on this via another message board. He may be rich but I would hate having anyone like this involved with us. Sounds a very ignorant arragant to$$er. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1382060/Bernie-Ecclestone-I-wont-watching-QPR-team-clinch-promotion-Watford.html[/quote]I despair, only because he harbours the kind of mentality that sends this game into disrepute, more than happy to neglect the game in favour of business. Compare it to the words of Delia in her most recent interview ''emotional'' with Sky, "Oh, it''s only money" (and i''d like to see if Ecclestone can recite ANY of the chants they sing on the terraces at Loftus Road), as a regular attendee with genuine warmth to the club she holds dear, i for one feel nothing other than pride in Norwich City. Even if we were languishing in the bottom tier of English football, these are the kind of principles and feeling any fan, or indeed community in general, can feel best associated and supported by with the ''Delia'' mould of owner, incompetent or not, for it embodies the essence with which the game first came to blossom.For as long as Ecclestone is on the QPR board i wish them nothing other than failure i''m afraid, and it''s truly not a sentiment in any way pinpointed at the fanbase, the players, or even the manager at the club. It''s only that i hate to see such a solipsistic approach to football vindicated by success; whether it comes to them in the end or not, for the good of people close to the game across the world otherwise neglected by Ecclestone and his type, they are not deserving of the benefits.For as long as people like Ecclestone occupy the highest positions in the game, the true value of expanding football to poverty, famine stricken, or heavily criminalised societies is burdened heavily by the selfishness that rules it, and ''the beautiful game'' will seem ever more the ugly.