Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

now is the time for Leeds to file their courtcase against the Football League and QPR

because a points deduction for cheating Rangers would have put Leeds in the playoffs....Time for Ken Bates to kick up a stink.... QPR in the premiership? May be... but i wouldnt be suprised if they are in for a hell of a fight to stay there now....

Even with a points deduction QPR would almost certainly still be in a playoff place so Leeds wouldn''t get in anyway. It''s their performances on the pitch that acounts for their missing out.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Even with a points deduction QPR would almost certainly still be in a playoff place so Leeds wouldn''t get in anyway. It''s their performances on the pitch that acounts for their missing out.[/quote]all very true... we dont know what points would be deducted yet of course!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="crafty canary"]Even with a points deduction QPR would almost certainly still be in a playoff place so Leeds wouldn''t get in anyway. It''s their performances on the pitch that acounts for their missing out.
[/quote]
all very true... we dont know what points would be deducted yet of course!
[/quote]

Jas , there is more chance of me taking you out for a candlelit meal, pehaps a drink or two, and then one thing leading to another than QPR getting  points deducted. I really wish everyone would stop this nonsense.

(PS I am happily married by the way)

IF they are found guilty of these charges they should be taken out of the promotion race completely. A points deduction that leaves them in the play offs is not fair on the teams in the play offs or has been said the team that finish 7th. It''s going to be an interesting week!

"Jas , there is more chance of me taking you out for a candlelit meal, pehaps a drink or two, and then one thing leading to another than QPR getting  points deducted. I really wish everyone would stop this nonsense.

(PS I am happily married by the way)"

you do realise that you will now have to take Jas out for a meal etc. if indeed QPR do recieve a points deduction [:P]

Why would QPR be deducted 20 points anyway?

How do you know they deserve to be deducted points? Do you know every detail about the charges?

And why is everyone obsessed with the FA ''bottling'' it, and this whole thing anyway. When (if for the people who don''t like others to be confidant) we win our last two games, we will go up, QPR have won the league, they deserve that, if we won the league because of a points deduction, it would be on a technicality, not because we were better than QPR over this season.

But the issue is that QPR have won the league having fielded an ineligible player.

If he''s been ineligible for this long, the FA need punishing as well.

When teams field an ineligible player in the FA cup or something, for one game, they are excluded by the next round. How have QPR managed to do this for however long?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would QPR be deducted 20 points anyway? How do you know they deserve to be deducted points? Do you know every detail about the charges? And why is everyone obsessed with the FA ''bottling'' it, and this whole thing anyway. When (if for the people who don''t like others to be confidant) we win our last two games, we will go up, QPR have won the league, they deserve that, if we won the league because of a points deduction, it would be on a technicality, not because we were better than QPR over this season.[/quote]Sorry I just don''t see how you can say that. If they are guilty of the charges then they don''t deserve to win the league, And whoever finishes 2nd will deserve to be the champions as they have competed on a level playing field. Would you say a 100 metre sprinter taking performance enhancing drugs deservers his gold medal cos he was the fastest?

BUT HOW HAS HE PLAYED 38 GAMES THIS SEASON WHILE BEING INELIGIBLE. Yes it might have been QPR''s mistake/scam whatever you want to call it in the first place. But its the FA/Football Leagues fault for not dealing with it earlier. How has he managed to play 1 1/2 seasons until the charges were brought up, and then allowed to carry on playing for the rest of this season?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would QPR be deducted 20 points anyway? How do you know they deserve to be deducted points? Do you know every detail about the charges? And why is everyone obsessed with the FA ''bottling'' it, and this whole thing anyway. When (if for the people who don''t like others to be confidant) we win our last two games, we will go up, QPR have won the league, they deserve that, if we won the league because of a points deduction, it would be on a technicality, not because we were better than QPR over this season.[/quote]

The big question is will they be found guilty ? If they are they cannot possibly not have a huge points deduction or even be relegated. Luton were deducted 15 points for 1 of the 7 charges QPR have against them and that charge is amongst the most minor ( not disclosing payments to a 3rd party agent ). If found guilty and allowed to get away with it you might as well scrap the rule book as you give licence for Chelsea Man City Birmingham ect to do similar next year. You must remember that one of the charges against them is bordering on criminal ie knowingly giving false information and covering up after you were asked the question. But as per the start we need to wait to see if they are guilty. If they are the world of football could be in dissary. A points deduction and they will appeal. If no points deduction several other clubs will appeal. Championship teams down to 7th ( excluding the 2nd place team ) will be at a severe disadvantage as they will not be able to sign players until promotion is confirmed. The easy way would be to find them not guilty, but for those thinking that is what will happen any way I ask, would it not have been easier to never bring the situation up. If you watch Colins interview tonight he is fuming insisting no points deduction is possible. Beside this they should run his interview from a couple of seasons ago when WHU were not deducted points even though the rules were not in place at that time.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]BUT HOW HAS HE PLAYED 38 GAMES THIS SEASON WHILE BEING INELIGIBLE. Yes it might have been QPR''s mistake/scam whatever you want to call it in the first place. But its the FA/Football Leagues fault for not dealing with it earlier. How has he managed to play 1 1/2 seasons until the charges were brought up, and then allowed to carry on playing for the rest of this season?[/quote]This is the FA you are talking about since when have they done things logically! Point is that IF they are guilty of these charges they should have the book thrown at them. And if we benefit from that then no one should say it is undeserved as we would have finished narrowly behind them and competed fairly. He has been a major player for them this season playing in most of the games and if they are guilty I honestly think they should be sent down a league.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If he''s been ineligible for this long, the FA need punishing as well. When teams field an ineligible player in the FA cup or something, for one game, they are excluded by the next round. How have QPR managed to do this for however long?[/quote]

They lied ginger ( alledgedly ) and filled in the paperwork for his contract extension incorrectly ( alledgedly ). If true and I repeat if this alone helps you realise how serious this is.

I don''t think anything is particularly clear about what has happened. The FA haven''t officially commented beyond what the charges are and all QPR have said is that they''ve done nothing wrong. Everything else I''ve read about it has either been QPR fans saying its nothing or fans with a vested interested in QPR being docked large amounts of points trying to make it seem worse than Calciocaos.

The best outcome for everyone would be for QPR to be innocent and to be found to be so. A points deduction that affects the table would be a nightmare and God knows how they would sort it all out in time for the new season, let alone the play-offs. A fine might be less messy but would still probably result in someone getting sued.

Whatever happens I hope that we stay out of it, even if it means we miss out on promotion. Suing West Ham obviously hasn''t done Sheffield United any favours in the medium/long term.